Atmosphere 2002-4314 error/repair sys module

hiberto

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I searched these boards and google and didn't see a clear solution for error 2002-4364 (error 4314 in thread title is a typo), Program: 0100000000000039 (Atmosphere 1.6.2, Firmware 17.0.0). Did a full dump using NxNandManager and backed up sd card files, then formatted sd card, created new emunand and restored from backup and copied sd files back over, and same error appears. Then tried deleting Atmosphere folder and copying over newest Atmosphere release over to SD card and same error appears. 0100000000000039 is the sdb sys module. Thought it might be a problem with micro sd port but when I boot into stock, the sd card free space appears correctly so that means there's no issue with the sd card port right? Using a samsung EVO 512 GB micro SD.

I'm running partitioned emuMMC. How do I repair this file/sys module? Thank you!

Last edited by hiberto,

4d1xlaan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could always go nuclear and wipe emummc, and remake it from scratch

Backup save data, nuke, recreate emummc, reinstall games, put save data back, done

What you did here was a little pointless because you restored the backup after making a new one, so if the backup had problems then you restored the problems, of course

You could check in hekate though, in microsd info, your sd reader could be damaged and run in 1-bit bus width instead of the normal 4, you wouldnt know while in ofw but if trying to run emummc while also trying to losd a bunch of installed sd contents, maybe it's too much for it to handle and it crashes? idk

If it looks fine in hekate then do make a fresh emummc and see if that runs fine, if it does then you know something's corrupted on your old emummc

You could also try just deleting system save data and maybe that solves it (you will have to reinstall games and put game save data back), but in cases like this honestly it's probably better to nuke and make a new one fresh. Then you dont have to worry about possibly leaving corrupted files behind, you replace it with a known working copy

Reactions: hiberto

hiberto

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could always go nuclear and wipe emummc, and remake it from scratch

Backup save data, nuke, recreate emummc, reinstall games, put save data back, done

What you did here was a little pointless because you restored the backup after making a new one, so if the backup had problems then you restored the problems, of course

You could check in hekate though, in microsd info, your sd reader could be damaged and run in 1-bit bus width instead of the normal 4, you wouldnt know while in ofw but if trying to run emummc while also trying to losd a bunch of installed sd contents, maybe it's too much for it to handle and it crashes? idk

If it looks fine in hekate then do make a fresh emummc and see if that runs fine, if it does then you know something's corrupted on your old emummc

You could also try just deleting system save data and maybe that solves it (you will have to reinstall games and put game save data back), but in cases like this honestly it's probably better to nuke and make a new one fresh. Then you dont have to worry about possibly leaving corrupted files behind, you replace it with a known working copy
thanks for your help. the card looks ok in hekate. by reinstalling the games do you mean with tinfoil or copying the backed up Nintendo folder containing the games to the emuMMC folder on the root of the card?

I backed up the saves in the /save folder on the USER partition. would it be as simple as copying those files back over to the same directory on the card after making the new emuMMC partition?

4d1xlaan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you nuke your system save data, you need to reinstall reinstall your games. The files on sd card only work because they were registered in the title database on nand, if you wipe and start over from scratch then the games arent in title database anymore and the os won't even try to read them (in fact it will tell you there is incompatible data and you need to delete it.)

You might be able to keep system save data 8000000000000120 (system titles) and 8000000000000121 (installed games, updates and dlc), and maybe 8000000000000122 too? I don't know what that one does. Those three are the system save data for the system module that does content management, if you keep 8000000000000121 then your installed games remain registered in the title database and maybe you can avoid having to reinstall them. If you do this then you probably want to keep system save data 80000000000000E0-E1-E2-E3-E4 (5 files) because those relate to tickets for installed stuff, if your games updates or dlc had tickets then you need to keep them there or they wont work anymore. You might need to keep 800000000000004A too, I'm not sure if rightsid matters for non-legit content

It goes without saying I have no idea what I'm doing here, I've never done a partial wipe like this on switch so I don't know what's important to keep or not. It's possible the save data I mentioned here relies on some other save data (it's not all well documented) and that things could crash if all the right save data isn't where it expects it. So to guarantee things will work as expected (assuming your sd card isnt bad and there is no hardware damage), for emummc issues I really just recommend wiping it and starting a new emummc, because then you know you're restarting from a known good state

Do keep a backup of your current emummc and sd card data though, that way if starting over doesn't work or you're unhappy with the change for any reason, you can restore back to where you were. For save data, I guess technically the files on user partition in the saves folder could be sufficient, but really you should use some kind of homebrew app to backup the save data to the raw actually readable files (with jksv or checkpoint, or dbi, whatever you like), because restoring save data later will be a lot easier with them

Reactions: hiberto

hiberto

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you nuke your system save data, you need to reinstall reinstall your games. The files on sd card only work because they were registered in the title database on nand, if you wipe and start over from scratch then the games arent in title database anymore and the os won't even try to read them (in fact it will tell you there is incompatible data and you need to delete it.)

You might be able to keep system save data 8000000000000120 (system titles) and 8000000000000121 (installed games, updates and dlc), and maybe 8000000000000122 too? I don't know what that one does. Those three are the system save data for the system module that does content management, if you keep 8000000000000121 then your installed games remain registered in the title database and maybe you can avoid having to reinstall them. If you do this then you probably want to keep system save data 80000000000000E0-E1-E2-E3-E4 (5 files) because those relate to tickets for installed stuff, if your games updates or dlc had tickets then you need to keep them there or they wont work anymore. You might need to keep 800000000000004A too, I'm not sure if rightsid matters for non-legit content

It goes without saying I have no idea what I'm doing here, I've never done a partial wipe like this on switch so I don't know what's important to keep or not. It's possible the save data I mentioned here relies on some other save data (it's not all well documented) and that things could crash if all the right save data isn't where it expects it. So to guarantee things will work as expected (assuming your sd card isnt bad and there is no hardware damage), for emummc issues I really just recommend wiping it and starting a new emummc, because then you know you're restarting from a known good state

Do keep a backup of your current emummc and sd card data though, that way if starting over doesn't work or you're unhappy with the change for any reason, you can restore back to where you were. For save data, I guess technically the files on user partition in the saves folder could be sufficient, but really you should use some kind of homebrew app to backup the save data to the raw actually readable files (with jksv or checkpoint, or dbi, whatever you like), because restoring save data later will be a lot easier with them
ok thanks. yeah I'm not that experienced with all these filesystem types and i get confused about games and the tickets. a partial restore from my backup would be ideal because I don't know if I have all of my .nsp files on my PC anymore to reinstall the games from and I have a few dozen installed. I bought another sd card so maybe I'll try what you said and start from scratch and try to copy the folders you mentioned over and see if it works and if not I'll have my original stuff intact until I figure out what else to try or reinstall everything. need to figure out how to make the extra non /save folder backups of my saves since i can't use JKSV or checkpoint as I can't boot into CFW

4d1xlaan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok thanks. yeah I'm not that experienced with all these filesystem types and i get confused about games and the tickets. a partial restore from my backup would be ideal because I don't know if I have all of my .nsp files on my PC anymore to reinstall the games from and I have a few dozen installed. I bought another sd card so maybe I'll try what you said and start from scratch and try to copy the folders you mentioned over and see if it works and if not I'll have my original stuff intact until I figure out what else to try or reinstall everything. need to figure out how to make the extra non /save folder backups of my saves since i can't use JKSV or checkpoint as I can't boot into CFW
Oh, it doesnt boot into cfw at all. That complicates things yeah

In any case, again keep a backup of what you currently have so you can restore if it doesnt work, and you can at least try something else later for recovery

You may be able to backup your installed games to nsp using switch sd tool: https://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendo-switch-sd-to-nsp-dumper.514816/

You only need to be able to mount emummc in hekate, so you can mount system partition (with hacdiskmount or nxnandmanager, anything that lets you assign a drive letter to the partition), then you give it your console keys and the path to system partition + sd card, and you can re-dump your games to nsp if you end up having to reinstall them later

e: for save data, you might be able to do this: https://gbatemp.net/threads/recovering-games-saves-from-nand-using-nxnandmanager-and-jksv.620758/

Last edited by 4d1xlaan,
Reactions: Lumpofcoal

hiberto

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks. it looks like that tool can convert legally purchased games to nsp. would it also work for games originally installed using .nsp files? Last night I backed up all my saves using the guide you also posted. I'm going to try to start from scratch using the new SD card I purchased but as I said I'm not that well-versed in all of these file systems and partition types. after making brand new emuMMC on new card, i think I will try to copy the folders over containing the tickets you mentioned and my games from the backed up old Nintendo folder and see if the games show up

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Luigi's Mansion 2 HD is out