CasuallyDressed

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I went about updating my Switch today, this is what I did:

1. Downloaded Atmosphere 1.6.2
2. Downloaded OFW 17.0.1 (this may have been a mistake, should I have got 17.0.0?)
3. Plugged my SD card in, deleted folders Atmosphere, Switch and the file hbmenu.nro (also probably a mistake, normally I just copy/overwrite, for some reason this time I deleted/copied). Also deleted the old fusee.
4. Copied over the new folders Atmosphere, Switch and the file hbmenu.nro, and copied the new fusee. Also copied over the 17.0.1 firmware.
5. New Atmosphere confirmed installed, opened Daybreak and went about updating OFW.
6. OFW confirmed installed. Everything up to date.
7. Had a weird issue where the Switch would crash and report an error. Googled the error and an easy fix was to turn on Airplane Mode. Whatever, I'm banned anyway, so turned it on and the Switch doesn't crash any more. Will look further into it later or wait for a new version of Atmosphere which may fix it.

Now, no games are booting. I get "Could not start the software. Please try again from the HOME Menu." I tried copying over a new game via DBI to see if a freshly installed game would boot. DBI reported that it installed correctly, but my dashboard just shows a spinning wheel and "Could not start the software".

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
7. Had a weird issue where the Switch would crash and report an error. Googled the error and an easy fix was to turn on Airplane Mode. Whatever, I'm banned anyway, so turned it on and the Switch doesn't crash any more. Will look further into it later or wait for a new version of Atmosphere which may fix it.
You need to block Nintendo servers with DNSmitm. That will fix the crash
https://rentry.org/ExosphereDNSMITM

Reactions: CasuallyDressed

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So blanking the serial without blocking Nintendo servers doesn't result in a crash with fw 17.x if the Switch is banned?
Not for me atleast, Im on a banned unit, did not block servers and have had no problems since updating to 17.0, then to 17.0.1. I think when you are banned, you are already being blocked from big N to those servers anyways.

Last edited by BigOnYa,

kidkat210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not for me atleast, Im on a banned unit, did not block servers and have have had no problems since updating to 17.0, then to 17.0.1. I think when you are banned, you are already being blocked from big N to those servers anyways.
But is your prod.info blanked out by other means that's not atmosphere?

kidkat210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, I have never blanked my prod.info or serial#.
Ever since fw 17. If your prod.info is blanked out on fw 17. Itll crash the switch unless you do 1 of 4 things.
1) restore prod.info
2) always have airplane mode on
3) setup dnsmitm.
4) disconnect swotch from internet (cant remember if this work or not but I've seen it floating around)
It's the reason I haven't jumped to 17 on my emunand

kidkat210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh I know, been in the scene since fw 4.x back before sx os and atmosphere got emunand. I havent made the jump cause I havent been too interested in my switch lately and I don't feel like going through the hassle atm to do one of the 4 things to rectify the problem.

But anyways, if your prod.info is blanked. It's gonna crash on 17.x. gotta do one of the 4 things I mentioned before to fix it

Reactions: BigOnYa

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto