Hacking Are you guys used to the BootMii start-up screen for boot2?

Are you guys used to the BootMii start-up screen for boot2?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• I use BootMii as an IOS only

• I don't use BootMii at all

• Total voters

Link5084

Sword & Shield at your service
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
When you install BootMii as boot2, it automatically launches everytime you start your Wii and goes away for five seconds. Are you used to that?

Mark McDonut

GBATemp's Resident Ghostbuster
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Especially the disclaimer which warns you that you should not use bootmii until you understand what it does.

Which is provide a small application launcher framework non-dependant on nintendo files and a utility to backup and restore your NAND if you happen to f it up.

Not sure if i'm using "hacking language" too but don't expect a lot pf plain terms in GBAtemp.net > Wii Discussions > Wii - Hacking >

Theres an old saying about heat and a kitchen, you should put a day aside and go to wiibrew.org and read as much as you can. I'm a guy with limited knowledge outside of windows (I have tinkered with linux but nowhere near enough to know anything outside of the basics) and even I found a way to start easy and understand what i'm doing with a $250 electronic device that I could easily destroy if I didn't know what I was doing.

Just something to think about, Most of us aren't too lazy to help you after you brick your shit because you didn't read two paragraphs, show us the same respect and try not to be too lazy to at least read and not expect things personally explained to you in a hacking forum.

You have no idea how many posts like this we have a day here, honestly.

UranusKiller

TranceMaster
Trophies
Website
djdynamite.freeforums.org
XP
Country
more hacking threads
dry.gif

personager

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just removed the BootMii folder from my SD Card and saved it on my computer. If I ever need it, I'll copy it back to my SD Card.

Innovative1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also use a special SD card just for BootMii so I never see the boot to BootMii unless I want it to and I insert the BootMii card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Not sure why, every other N64 game just runs fine with all kinds of enhancements but noooo KI... +1