Hacking Anybody else likes vWii more than actual Wii U??

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How did this turn into a dispute over which is better? I thought it was just a curious question about who likes what more, not critisize the other and people who like the oppising one more. I can say they both have credible differences, but both have is own problems. But is the point of them being the way they are that i feel like is that way. (And i am not bringing homeberw or haxx into this cause is unfair to do so.)

Vwii is virtual emulation for original wii to keep the solid experience of one, while is a good thing i would like to have wii u game pad and pro controller support so i don't need to get wii mote every time i want to use it. Of course games that can only be played with it like Mario galaxy, super paper mario, no more heroes, or tales of symphonia, is different and understand. But games like xenobade chronicles, and some others have the don't need such restrictions. Other than that, you can back up save data FREELY with no issue with only a sd card. You can't store many games on the small 512MB nand from the wii shop, which is probably why that upgrade to wii u eshop downloads was permitted with discount which is better for is use. If i was able to use game pad or pro controller with vwii from day one, i might have less bad things to say about it.

WII U on the other hand, has more internal storage and use External usb for storing games. While i hate ENCRYPTED file systems, simply cause it requires formatting a drive you may not fill completly, you can't use it for anything else either. Also you can't back up save data is NO FASHION. Which is very bad if anything happens to system. Especially if all purchased content is linked to system and ont NNID like PSN, you lose everything if your system dies. I am also dissappointed about the "NOT" 1080P games, instead all ar 720P upscaled. But is honestly isn't that bad. Adding amiibos didn't really do anything for me, but it was interesting for smash bros game, still i yet to buy one but watch others train them and fight other amiibos is entertaining, and i know the main problem people will most likely say is the lack of games on it compared to the original wii, but that's also debatable, the wii may have more games but with more games also mean more bad games, and is possible wii has more bad games than good few ones, and wii u has less games to is win loss ratio. But is all opinion.

In short, without mentioning hax and homebrew as the inspiration to why people like one over the other, i do have to say i would like save data back ups on wii u and native controller support for wii u game pad and pro controller on vwii, even adding game cube adaptor or maybe 3DS controller like smash bros, at least some wii games really supported game cube controlls, before they started releasing wii without them so early. This whole thread just seem to be targeted as being upset about how one has more homebrew and easily accessable homebrew and hax available for one thing over the other, which is unfair since wii u is not as old as wii is and of course more people had time to work on it when exploits was found.

If you were comparing a 3DS to psvita which is a bit fair in this case they are about the same age, then is fair but is only as good as the community of people working to make breakthourghs happen, and they do stuff like this as hobbies for various reasons like testing their knowledge to do such things.:mellow:

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,
Reactions: Shikkichu

efen3001

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got so bored of the wii u mode. I ordered a wiimote plus and a nunchuk. Might get an external hdd for wii games as well. The wii u mide of the system irritates me so much. It makes me feel depressed when i look at the home menu the wii u homebrew launcher etc. But the vWii is much better!
I used to, not anymore. Because Retroarch, it's powerfull on Wii U. And what about Nintendont and USB Loader GX? I still have a Wii but it's stored, I don't need it anymore...

Reactions: Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used to, not anymore. Because Retroarch, it's powerfull on Wii U. And what about Nintendont and USB Loader GX? I still have a Wii but it's stored, I don't need it anymore...
I still wish i can use my wii, it doesn't boot anymore. is the rare Gamecube compatible one. Now i can't use game cube controllers on my wii games like brawl. :(

Quicksilver88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I will admit that I like more WiiU games then I did Wii games......I never really liked motion control that much and it was a rarity (like ZeldaSW, Red Steel 2 or No More Heroes) that I liked a game with motion controls. I ended up playing a lot of the WiiU 3rd party games mostly on offTV and liked most of Nintendo's offerings.

vWii is great and like others I mostly like it because of NGC compatibility. What would totally rock is if we can ever get vWii with gamepad support (acting as a wii pro controller). Then every great game (like 007 and Lost Story) and GC can be played on the pad plus the far more extensive VC library...........then vWii would be the perfect way to do wii!

Reactions: NoNAND

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast +1