Homebrew vWii shuts down the console

Ri_Bispo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
hi guys, my english is rusty so feel free to correct me. I bought a wii u and only homebrewed the wii u part following some guides. (The wii u side is working) Recently i got a wii remote and decided to complete homebrew the console but when i switch to vwii menu the console shuts down after showing the health and safety screen. I tried to remove the external ssd and the sd card to test but even without them the console shuts down every single time when i start the vWii channel. Is there something i can do to “unbrick” the vwii side? Thanks in advance.

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys, my english is rusty so feel free to correct me. I bought a wii u and only homebrewed the wii u part following some guides. (The wii u side is working) Recently i got a wii remote and decided to complete homebrew the console but when i switch to vwii menu the console shuts down after showing the health and safety screen. I tried to remove the external ssd and the sd card to test but even without them the console shuts down every single time when i start the vWii channel. Is there something i can do to “unbrick” the vwii side? Thanks in advance.
What did you do? Did you install forwarder WADs or smth?

Ri_Bispo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
What did you do? Did you install forwarder WADs or smth?
no, i didn’t install anything because i can’t access the vwii menu to mod it (when i try to start the vwii the console instantly power off). I only homebrewed the wii u side following a guide since I didn’t have the wii mote to mod the vwii at that time. I bought the wii mote and the ir sensor and that’s when the error “appeared”. I noticed that the usb back port is damaged (the bottom usb port is damaged, the top one is fine since my portable ssd is working and it’s plugged there). Some guys said in reddit and here in gbatemp that this could be the issue and the fix was to rip off the usb port from the console but i’m afraid to do this as it could damage the console.

• Wow
Reactions: SylverReZ

a_username_that_isnt_cool

Well-Hated Member (Also)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no, i didn’t install anything because i can’t access the vwii menu to mod it (when i try to start the vwii the console instantly power off). I only homebrewed the wii u side following a guide since I didn’t have the wii mote to mod the vwii at that time. I bought the wii mote and the ir sensor and that’s when the error “appeared”. I noticed that the usb back port is damaged (the bottom usb port is damaged, the top one is fine since my portable ssd is working and it’s plugged there). Some guys said in reddit and here in gbatemp that this could be the issue and the fix was to rip off the usb port from the console but i’m afraid to do this as it could damage the console.
I don't think ripping off the USB port will help. Try Decaffeinator or vWii NAND restorer and see if they fix the issue.

Ri_Bispo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I don't think ripping off the USB port will help. Try Decaffeinator or vWii NAND restorer and see if they fix the issue.
I tried the decaff and the nand restorer but unfortunately the error persists. When i boot the vwii my console keeps shutting down. I guess i will live without the vwii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto