Hacking ANNOUNCING: GATEWAY 2.1 "OMEGA" PUBLIC RELEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.

RazorX2014

Trophies
XP
Country
When dumping a rom what's it name it? For example if I dump 3 or 4 games will it just call it like dump.3ds and keep overwriting it.

s-arash

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
redownloaded pokemon x and again fragmention error
also used crc check and its ok but still getting fragmention error

Gadorach

Electronics Engineering Technologist
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When dumping a rom what's it name it? For example if I dump 3 or 4 games will it just call it like dump.3ds and keep overwriting it.
It names the dump the game's ID string, so if NSMB2 was AX5L, then it would name the dump AX5L.3DS (or .3D0, .3D1, etc. if it was a 4GB+ ROM).

Gadorach

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
redownloaded pokemon x and again fragmention error
also used crc check and its ok but still getting fragmention error
If you're trimming it in any way, then don't. Only use a fresh ROM, with update and CCI padding data. This applies to ALL CARD2 type games.

[Also, sorry for the double post, but I can't delete it so might as well leave it with this data. If a mod want's to, or feels that it's necessary, then feel free to merge them, as I can't.]

RazorX2014

Trophies
XP
Country
It names the dump the game's ID string, so if NSMB2 was AX5L, then it would name the dump AX5L.3DS (or .3D0, .3D1, etc. if it was a 4GB+ ROM).
Great so I can dump games straight to my gateways microsd card and don't have to worry to much about renaming them

Gadorach

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Great so I can dump games straight to my gateways microsd card and don't have to worry to much about renaming them
They dump to the internal SD card of the 3DS (you can't very well dump to a card that isn't connected to the machine while you're dumping it, now can you?), so you'll need to copy them to your MicroSD card in your Gateway yourself.

s-arash

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're trimming it in any way, then don't. Only use a fresh ROM, with update and CCI padding data. This applies to ALL CARD2 type games.

[Also, sorry for the double post, but I can't delete it so might as well leave it with this data. If a mod want's to, or feels that it's necessary, then feel free to merge them, as I can't.]
i'm not trimming and using the original rom , Pokemon X ABSTRAKT , filename: as-pkmx , crc32=2C7CE4A1

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
They dump to the internal SD card of the 3DS (you can't very well dump to a card that isn't connected to the machine while you're dumping it, now can you?), so you'll need to copy them to your MicroSD card in your Gateway yourself.
suppose if you where really smart you could put the launcher on the micro SD and use a sd adapter to use the gateway micro SD as your 3ds SD card....then it dumps straight to the micro SD XD

probably more farting about than its worth, but if you want to copy game and dont have access to a pc maybe it would be an idea XD

Reactions: Saxer and moviecut

RazorX2014

Trophies
XP
Country
No but you can add the Launcher.dat to your gateways microsd card and using a microsd to sd adapter insert it into your 3ds then dump your game :P

Kever

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't trim at all! (Recommended by gateway)
Don't trim update (for card 1 games)
Don't trim at all ( any card 2 games)
.... you can trim.....card2 dont trim
trim update data may not work, but always trim cci (card1)

trim update + cci --> rom stucked? on select --> replace gw to continue-> replace rom (only trim cci)

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Just something that came to mind, but now that signature checks have been removed from ROMs, we should be able to make translations of ROMs and boot them by editing the actual ROM data, instead of being forced to think of an OTF RAM-editing solution. It may not work though, but from what's been suggested, it's worth a try. Anyone want to edit some game data of a retail ROM and see if it boots on 2.1? You know it would be awesome.
we don't know that signature checks have been patched. people say gateway wouldn't want us to give us the ability to run unsigned code or something, so i assume they only let the two eshop games released run, or did something similar so that they control what we load.

Gizmo1k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
.... you can trim.....card2 dont trim
trim update data may not work, but always trim cci (card1)

trim update + cci --> rom stucked? --> replace gw to continue-> replace rom (only trim cci)

ok so card 2 are ones that are nand based saves like pokemon x&y and animal crossing correct? otherwise how do you know if its card 1/ card 2?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
we don't know that signature checks have been patched. people say gateway wouldn't want us to give us the ability to run unsigned code or something, so i assume they only let the two eshop games released run, or did something similar so that they control what we load.
well given you now need to insert the gateway card to enter gateway mode....combined with the fact you cant really "install" files (.cia) i don't think disabling signature checking wouldn't be all that damaging for them, installing .cia files i doubt we will see though :P

Reactions: cearp
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...