Status
Not open for further replies.

Gadorach

Electronics Engineering Technologist
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
we don't know that signature checks have been patched. people say gateway wouldn't want us to give us the ability to run unsigned code or something, so i assume they only let the two eshop games released run, or did something similar so that they control what we load.
It's required that they removed the signature checks for ROMs, as otherwise the eshop titles, that had their encryption broken during the conversion process from eshop -> card type ROMs, simply wouldn't boot. As long as we don't mess with the launcher.dat within the ROM, so it maintains it's base signature, I can't see why we couldn't modify all the other parts of the ROM as desired. Of course, it's entirely possible that it's limited in some way that makes only untouched eshop ROMs work, but we won't know until we try, right?

Midnight Tboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi.....I've read up to the end of page 15 and just trying to catch up now.

My GW is still on ye old 1.1. Might even be 1.0 it's been that long, I can't remember now :)

Anyways......so a couple of questions....

1) I believe that I will need to rerun the installer off the blue card again? I guess it can't do any harm to run it again anyways

2) I am not planning on accessing the online stores etc? With this in mind, is there any point me faffing about and making the emunand and such? Are there any other useful features to having the emunand made and wiping card etc? Such as maybe game update patches for known fixes? (I've seen some mention so far of a pokemon patch for example with a known save bug which I assume was in retail carts too?)

3) I have an original Zelda OOT game cart. With this game being pre 4.5, would I be right in thinking that if I was to back this up, that my save game would still be usable?

Cheers

polandspring

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have one question: does saves of games from older firmware still work?

Because I used 2.01b for bravely default and was wondering if the save will still be found on 2.1. I would try it myself but I currently do not have my 3ds with me.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Hi.....I've read up to the end of page 15 and just trying to catch up now.

My GW is still on ye old 1.1. Might even be 1.0 it's been that long, I can't remember now :)

Anyways......so a couple of questions....

1) I believe that I will need to rerun the installer off the blue card again? I guess it can't do any harm to run it again anyways

2) I am not planning on accessing the online stores etc? With this in mind, is there any point me faffing about and making the emunand and such? Are there any other useful features to having the emunand made and wiping card etc? Such as maybe game update patches for known fixes? (I've seen some mention so far of a pokemon patch for example with a known save bug which I assume was in retail carts too?)

3) I have an original Zelda OOT game cart. With this game being pre 4.5, would I be right in thinking that if I was to back this up, that my save game would still be usable?

Cheers
1) you shouldn't have to, but may as well to avoid any possible issues
2) really just eshop or retail games that require 4.5+
3)nope the dumper doesn't dump saves atm....maybe in future ?

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
I have found a 110% way of getting around Fragmentation Errors in Multirom Menu Selection!

Instead of unzipping (please use Winrar app for this) the rom to your PC desktop and then drag and dropping to your Micro-SD drive, just unzip the rom straight to your Micro-SD drive instead, works every time for me and Pokemon X that usually does this error works for me flawless by this method also works with Mario Kart 7 & Mario 3D Land which these 3 roms seem to be the main culprits with this issue. Try it guys see if it works for you and let me know? :)

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
It's required that they removed the signature checks for ROMs, as otherwise the eshop titles, that had their encryption broken during the conversion process from eshop -> card type ROMs, simply wouldn't boot.
sure i know that, i'm saying that maybe gateway only removed the signature check specifically for those two roms, we don't know yet until more 3ds eshop games that are converted to '.3ds' games are released

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
well given you now need to insert the gateway card to enter gateway mode....combined with the fact you cant really "install" files (.cia) i don't think disabling signature checking wouldn't be all that damaging for them, installing .cia files i doubt we will see though :P
true, i forgot about that :) that means they must be pretty confident in the card checking code then...

Kever

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have found a 110% way of getting around Fragmentation Errors in Multirom Menu Selection!

Instead of unzipping (please use Winrar app for this) the rom to your PC desktop and then drag and dropping to your Micro-SD drive, just unzip the rom straight to your Micro-SD drive instead, works every time for me and Pokemon X that usually does this error works for me flawless by this method also works with Mario Kart 7 & Mario 3D Land which these 3 roms seem to be the main culprits with this issue. Try it guys see if it works for you and let me know? :)

try "Auslogics DiskDefrag" sort your data on sd/microsd.....and copy 1 rom, finished -> next rom

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
try "Auslogics DiskDefrag" sort your data on sd/microsd.....and copy 1 rom, finished -> next rom

I have tested programs like TeraCopy etc.. but I still find you get the Fragmentation Errors also empty white boxes in the Multirom menu as well, specially with the likes off Pokemon X, it seems to be a rite git of a rom to get working :( This way has been flawless every go, not one go that I have tested so far with this method has gone and failed me so far!, Fingers Crossed!!!

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
can we still use old win32diskimager method?

No m8 that has been scrapped now, there is no need for Win32 Disc Manager, its all about Formatting your Micro-SD card using Windows to exfat and then just drag and drop to your drive but I now use unzip (Winrar app) straight to my Micro-SD drive, it works alot better with this method.

s-arash

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No m8 that has been scrapped now, there is no need for Win32 Disc Manager, its all about Formatting your Micro-SD card using Windows to exfat and then just drag and drop to your drive but I now use unzip straight to my Micro-SD drive it works alot better.

well but everything i do , i cant run pokemon x , all i get is fragmention error

Kever

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
trying to explain fragmentation error: first rom "11111111" secound rom "222222222"

SDCARD .... 00000000000000000000....start copy rom1 and rom2 means ----> 11212211211221200000 -> fragmentation error
SDCARD .... 00000000000000000000...start copy rom1 and after finished rom 2 --> 1111111111222222222200000 -> works
SDCARD ......0000000000000000000...copy rom1 after rom2 after rom3 -----> 111111111222222222223333333300000 ---> delete rom2 ---> 11111110000003333300000 -> now copy rom 4 but is bigger than rom2 ---> 11111111444444444444333333333334444444 ---> fragmentation error (rom 4 splitted)

so try this "Auslogics DiskDefrag" to sort your data

Reactions: phanteon

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
well but everything i do , i cant run pokemon x , all i get is fragmention error

Also I have reported earlier on in the thread, there are some dodgy Pokemon X uploaded rips about mainly the zipped up version dumps by CONTRAST. You need to find a fresh sourced unzipped rip, it is rare but a particular site has got a copy that does work!. Also a little handy tip, some are just unzipping the Pokemon X Contrast dump files and just uploading the Pokemon X .3DS file to source but that will not work either.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
for one for the games i put on my micro sd card, i got a fragmentation error on the multirom select menu thing.
when i moved the file to my computer, and simply moved it back, it works fine :)

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
Also a tip if you do get a Fragmentation Error on a particular rom and cannot sort it for the love of trying over and over again, using the PC Rom Split Tool by GW gets them working.

dagro

Trophies
XP
Country
can we still use old win32diskimager method?
Yes for single roms I had fire emblem written on the microsd with win32diskimager from before it worked on omega. You gotta press select for it to search your microsd (on your home screen) and it will come up as found raw image something like that.

Sparticus515

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Also I have reported earlier on in the thread, there are some dodgy Pokemon X uploaded rips about mainly the zipped up version dumps by CONTRAST. You need to find a fresh sourced unzipped rip, it is rare but a particular site has got a copy that does work!. Also a little handy tip, some are just unzipping the Pokemon X Contrast dump files and just uploading the Pokemon X .3DS file to source but that will not work either.

The zipped Pokemon X dump by Contrast is fine, may be bad on certain sites but mine works perfectly.

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
The zipped Pokemon X dump by Contrast is fine, may be bad on certain sites but mine works perfectly.

Yeah I here you, I did say mainly, not all, some might work but only a rare Pokemon X zipped up version upload will probably work OK, its the unzipped one that works flawless, if you can find it.

Gadorach

Electronics Engineering Technologist
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah I here you, I did say mainly, not all, some might work but only a rare Pokemon X zipped up version upload will probably work OK, its the unzipped one that works flawless, if you can find it.
Yeah, I've seen both of them on a private site, but I'm not sure how easy it is to find them publicly. I can't see it being that hard though, just need to hone your searching skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo