Trophies
XP
Country
logo_Banner1A.png

2.1 "Omega" FW Public Release!

Gateway-3DS.com said:
ANNOUNCING: GATEWAY 2.1 "OMEGA" PUBLIC RELEASE

30/03/2014
We heard your feedback on the Gateway firmware 2.0 "OMEGA" private beta and made a couple of improvements.
These improvements have been bundled into Gateway firmware 2.1 "OMEGA" and we decided to release this as public release.

So what's new in Gateway 2.1 "OMEGA"?

* E-shop games support

That's right, you asked for it, we supported it. And it only took us a day to support it!
We really want to keep that 100% Game Compatibility rate maxed out!

* Gateway Card Update Improvement

We made a small improvement to the updating procedure to hopefully help some users out there that were unable to update their Gateway card. An error code will now appear on screen in case of an error and you should email us this error code so we can further help your issue.

And as always, ENJOY!

GATEWAY 2.0 "OMEGA" EVALUATION

30/03/2014
Only a day has passed since we sent Gateway 2.0 "OMEGA" to our beta testers and what a day it has been!
We have received many words of thank you from our beta testers and this inspires us to continue evolving Gateway 3DS.

The feedback has been very positive so far, so we will be moving from private beta to public release in the next 24 to 48 hours.

We would like to evaluate the feedback we have received so far:

* Stability

Many users have told us this is the most stable update so far. No hiccups, no lagging, no unexpected troubles.
Everything "just works". This is what we strive for here at Gateway: Perfection.

* E-shop games

We would like to formally acknowledge that we are indeed working on supporting E-shop games, and we expect that this will be supported shortly.

* Counterfeit Regular SD and MicroSD Cards

Some users will notice the message "Fragmentation error" in the on-screen game select menu.
We believe in most cases this is due to fake MicroSD cards. In some cases this will not result in fragmentation error, but nonetheless corrupted data is read from the MicroSD card during the loading of a game and it will prevent the game from running correctly.

Counterfeit MicroSD cards will show up in your PC as a valid size, but in reality they are much less in size. They fake a filesystem and allow you to write files to it, but as you add more files to it, the MicroSD card will be silently overwriting data from previous files, resulting in data corruption.

We recommend our users to fully test their regular SD and MicroSD card with memory analysis tools such as:
- h2testw: http://www.heise.de/download/h2testw.html
- f3: http://oss.digirati.com.br/f3/

Even the regular SD card where you place the Launcher.dat file on should be fully checked.

* Trimming

Some users try to trim game files, but this is a bit like gambling.
Sometimes it will work, sometimes it will not. For the best compatibility we recommend that users do not trim game files.

By trimming a game file, you are reducing its file size and it will not be fully allocated in the Gateway 3DS card.
This causes problems in particular when the update partition has been removed or when the savegame area has been removed for NAND savegame based games.

* Gateway Clone Cards

A few users have tried to enter Gateway mode but the Gateway card could not be detected. When the Gateway card can not be detected this is a very strong indication that you have been scammed by your reseller and have received a clone card.

You can visually inspect if you have a clone card by looking at the back of your Gateway 3DS Red Card, and looking at the middle pin on the bottom. If the middle pin is shorter than the other pins, then you have received a clone card.

real_vs_fake_1.jpg

We recommend that you communicate with your reseller to receive a original replacement because this is out of our control.

Furthermore, we only recommend purchasing Gateway card from official resellers listed here to ensure they are 100% original products that will support and this and future updates.
*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************
UPDATE 1:
Hashes of both "Omega 2.1_Release.zip" and "Omega 2.1 Launcher.dat" courtesy of Saturosias

File: GW_OMEGA_2.1_RELEASE.zip
CRC-32: 3fa52e9f
MD4: 630111f330f7bdca0e939f6bcd4ada50
MD5: 15bb67b0956ba2c53a09c6966a88af1b
SHA-1: 3847bc7c147b8d97ec4e77347c92c899118ff2ae

File: Launcher.dat
CRC-32: d33fcd72
MD4: 97a946a51c3bd83567ed9fd0d1b94acf
MD5: 5dcfcbaa4f930ed62d2a1358f8b9d83a

SHA-1: cdfa5e85d2e8a18567d646e1fc185ebda4db7eb7
*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************
UPDATE 2:
Reccomended Trimming procedures pertaining to roms loaded on Gateway 3DS 2.0 courtesy of Jean Karlo. This is completely optional.

Jean Karlo said:
Don't trim roms at all! (Recommended by gateway)
Jean Karlo said:
If you decide to trim anyway to save space...
  1. Don't trim update partition (for card 1 games) as users have reported some isssues.
  2. Don't trim at all (any card 2 games)
UPDATE 3: Want to sort your roms to appear in alphabetical order when appearing in Gateway? Use this tool courtesy of justln

http://fat-sorter.software.informer.com/

UPDATE 4: Having trouble updating the FPGA with Omega 2.1? Here's a solution courtesy of team gateway. http://gbatemp.net/threads/diy-how-to-fix-gateway-error-00000012-and-00000019.364622/

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
WTFFFFF!!!!! Mad shit E-shop works. That must of fell like seconds ago. Is GW just not the best now! ;)

I'm going to try Harmoknight guys will let you know? E-Shop games work a treat just load them the same as normal all works great :) Happy Days.

I'm not sure about these Game 1.1 3DS Ware updates?. Some other brave soul might be able to try them out and report on findings, there are updates to games like Mario kart 7, Mario & Luigi Dream Team 1.1, Nintendo Letter Box apps etc..

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Working great here. Already updated my card with 2.0 omega. Boots fine, e-shop games are working great. Tried harmoknight, works great. Same as any other rom.

digipokemaster

Innocent Uke
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought it would never come but I'm glad it did now just got to wait to see if they are working on to support at least 6.x fw since smealum found the exploit for it

Reactions: jrr6415sun

mmfsm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
it says opendns, when i click on download at the anonfiles site, anyone having this?

redkeyboard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow that is really impressive. It's amazing how much my view of Gateway changed in the past few days.

funnoam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Woah, 2 updates in 2 days, does anybody here had a clue about this ?
Really impressive, Gateway just pulled out their tricks and the clones are left behind

lzyslckr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And to think I was planning to sell it.
Should we update the [Essentials] Nintendo e-shop thread for recommendation?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I remember when the Atari 2600 was new and exciting lol
    It could get banned from PSN but you can change your ID I think?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker