Jdbye

Always Remember 30/07/08
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Destructobot said:
I'm sure this is exactly the kind of statement that R4 owners were hoping for.
Not exactly =/
If they really mean they're gonna make it brick people's DSes, and didn't just fuck their engrish up badly, then that's honestly really gay. Make it brick the fake R4, sure, but the DS?

I just lost any possible trace amounts of faith I had left in the R4 team.

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
got another fake one here, this uses 3 chips in total, one of them being actel proasic.
works fine though, but i guess battery life will suffer.
also the chips stick out under the r4 sticker on the cart.

ViRGE

Trophies
XP
Country
Uhh, did the R4 guys make multiple versions of the PCB that they haven't bothered to mention? I just cracked open one that I purchased back in March of 2007 and it looks nothing like the real or fake R4s in the pictures. In fact what it does look like is the R4 GBATemp reviewed back in 2006.

20080703_83b9a620a7c716cc7838bTbr8u0uulYq.jpg

Dscf0042.jpg

---
20080703_e670b41175596b6d8f8fwKL5XwrJ2ofO.jpg

Dscf0040.jpg

I'm going to assume that since it matches the version GBATemp used that it's legit and the R4 guys are just being lazy by showcasing the latest model and not the others, but at the same time I'd rather not end up with a corrupted R4 or NDS in the future.

ViRGE

Trophies
XP
Country
berthenk said:
Say ViRGE, how did you open your R4 DS?
I have a small jewelers screwdriver that I used to remove the screw. Then it was just a matter of getting my fingernails between the two halves of the case and pulling the two apart (straight out as to not break the small plastic pins).

Berthenk

Epitome of Awesomeness
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks ViRGE. I don't have an jewelers screwdriver and no other small enough screwdriver, wich means i'm out of luck... And that pictures at the begin of the thread with the micro sd card-entrance-thingie didn't help me either, the 2 things just look the same to me!

blahman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you guys dont seriously trust Babelfish traslations to give you a correct translation do you?

if you do then its /facepalm.

ninja_07

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
lol, i think they used Google.

Also, could anyone put up some clear images to help distinguish, some of the ones in the first post only load up half way.

The back of my R4 has white writing on it, so iguess its automatically a fake, :'( But the pic of the microSD looks geniune, i'll try and post a pic, confused!! :S

noodle976

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"original at left, fake at right"
20080703_f5facd52a6c63f5150bbMU7Xz85RDpvj.jpg

my cart doesn't look like that....
My cart doesn't have those curves on the sides near the top. My card's the one with the spring. Is this the new one without the spring? also, are those pictures of the microSD carved in or do they have the picture kind of drawn on?

Berthenk

Epitome of Awesomeness
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I mean... This two Micro sd card thingies just look the same to me...

Except for the two hole-thingies on the left and right side... But if you can check on that too... That means, i have a good one!

Artheido

Trophies
Website
artheido.wordpress.com
XP
Country
berthenk said:

Except for the two hole-thingies on the left and right side... But if you can check on that too... That means, i have a good one!

The lines are thicker on the fake one.

This is getting me worried. According to the images, I have the real one... But still o.O What if they do a mistake? Is there no other way to punish those who use counterfeits? It's not their fault so why make them suffer with a loss of £100? Just disable/brick the flashcart, why BRICK the DS?

The R4 Team are weird, hence I'm ordering a Black CycloDS (hope) and giving away my R4 to my nephew.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a first generation spring-mounted R4 that I got at Jandaman. I'm 100% positive it's the real thing, but I removed the spring. Will that removal cause any problems?

Berthenk

Epitome of Awesomeness
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Seazn said:
And giving away my R4 to my nephew.
Giving your R4 to your nephew... Then your nephew has the chance to brick HIS ds
lecture.gif
Well, it's hard to see if the line is thicker on my R4, because that picture is larger then my R4... Y'know?

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wait, is it even possible for them to brick a DS using a software update for the R4? Don't some official firmwares have trouble running or don't run at all on fake R4s? and how will they make sure that people with fake R4s update to the new firmware if they made a public announcement that will scare fake R4 users into not updating?

Rod

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Now, that's really awesome. I do think my R4 might be a fake, since the box it came with only contained "R4 Revolution" written in it, instead of "Revolution for DS (NDSL/NDS)" as most do. And usually after I remove the game card it takes two of three tries for it to recognize the card (but after it does it rarely fails to boot up again unless it's removed once more)

Anybody can give me a light? =|

neoice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Seazn said:
berthenk said:

The lines are thicker on the fake one.

This is getting me worried. According to the images, I have the real one... But still o.O What if they do a mistake? Is there no other way to punish those who use counterfeits? It's not their fault so why make them suffer with a loss of £100? Just disable/brick the flashcart, why BRICK the DS?

The R4 Team are weird, hence I'm ordering a Black CycloDS (hope) and giving away my R4 to my nephew.

Actually, you look at the tab (first ridge) of the microSD symbol. The fake one is pointy while the real one is flat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo