Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
ArangeL said:
AKAIO could fix the "Wii-DS Connection" or it be a fault from the flashcard?

If someone sent me a wii i'd gladly look into the problem.

Real Time Save and In Game Guide are likely to never happen, atleast not by me or Smiths, If the Acekard team add it then so be it but as far as i know they have no plans for such features now or in the future.

Couugghhing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm already giddy.

I bought two Acekards over Thanksgiving break. I have been reading the forum here, and it looks like everyone is helpful. There are always new versions and what not too, which is good for new games.

I'm excited to get my AK in the mail soon. Can't wait to be part of the AK consumer base!

Requios

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not that it's anything major, but it would be nice for the English setting to display NDS Name if it's in Japanese text.

Smiths

AKAIO Person of Interest TAGS ARE THE BEST
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.gamergeddon.com
XP
Country
United States
Requios said:
Not that it's anything major, but it would be nice for the English setting to display NDS Name if it's in Japanese text.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?s=&showto...t&p=1586883

in this same thread, no less
smile.gif

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
n/a said:
Hey dib, thanks for trying to help. Yes "0168" is Mario Kart. I did what you suggested, but unfortunately I still run into the same problem. One thing I noticed is, the save file for "0168" was "1MB" when I was using akAIO 1.2, but when I started using the akAIO 1.3 Betas, the save file dropped down to "512KB", and according to the nfo file for "0168", the save file should be "256Kb". Why did the save file drop half of it's size when I started using akAIO 1.3?
When I set my Mario Kart back to auto and allow it to create a new save file, it's generating 4M (512KB). So that should be correct. Not sure how you even got a 1M save since I don't have that option under my menu. I did try setting my Mario Kart to a few incorrect sizes 2M, 64K, and 8M and soft reset still works, so I think you can eliminate that possibility.

QUOTE said:
What format is you NAND? Mine is "FAT32". Also, when you select "Help" from the "START" menu, what number and letter is shown beside "HW:" at the bottom of the "Help" window? I'm assuming "HW" stands for "HardWare". Anyway, for me it says "HW: 0d".
Mine's reported at FAT. I think I formatted that a long time ago on some recommendations here, and it's worked fine. I haven't formatted my NAND in quite awhile.

My AIO about screen displays AKAIO v1.3b2HW: 0d as well.

About "Soft Reset", could the reason be that it's always failing (accept for a couple of files "1443" and "2847") because of something to do with "DMA"? Or that there is not much of a delay (or no delay at all) when accessing the save information from Memory? Or because of messed up registered save file sizes? This just doesn't make sense and is a bit frustrating, as this feature works fine in 1.2 and also, no one else seems to be experiencing the same problems as I am. I think it was mentioned that a lot of (Bliss) code got cleaned up and/or removed and also new code was added in. During processes like this, sometimes things can get broken. So my questions are, did something get removed or was changed that shouldn't have been? And/or did something that was added is not communicating well or at all with other code? The reason I say what I say and ask what I ask, is because I haven't changed anything on my end, the only thing that has changed in all of this, is the akAIO OS.
wtf.gif
It's like I'm in some Bizzaro world!
AIO isn't open source (thanks to some hangups with Acekard themselves) so I can't speculate on that. All I can do is attempt to reproduce your issue and then troubleshoot it. Unfortunately, I can't get it to break even by intention. I'm copying and cut+pasting Mario Kart all over my NAND, with Windows and with the loader file system function, across multiple subdirectories and it's still soft resetting back to the OS every time.

Tomy Sakazaki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
jaywilson said:
acekard has never giving me a correct reading about how much space i have on my msd.
is there a way to fix this?
How wrong is the information?
If it is something like 1GB card showing 983MB total space or 4GB card showing something like 3.83GB, it's ok. But if you're talking about wrong information about used space and free space, the official kernel 4.12 has this problem too.

jaywilson

Trophies
Website
www.nes-media.com
XP
Country
Tomy Sakazaki said:
jaywilson said:
acekard has never giving me a correct reading about how much space i have on my msd.
is there a way to fix this?
How wrong is the information?
If it is something like 1GB card showing 983MB total space or 4GB card showing something like 3.83GB, it's ok. But if you're talking about wrong information about used space and free space, the official kernel 4.12 has this problem too.

well it says i have like 250mb free when i have 60mb free

n/a

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I have found the source of the problem, I'm assuming just about everyone uses cheats (I don't care for them, 'cause I think it takes the fun and challenge out of games, the same thing with guidebooks, ugh..), so that feature gets enabled before they launch the game and everything runs fine. Now, since I don't use cheats, that global patch remains "Disabled" and every games individual setting for cheats remain on "Default", therefore, it uses the global setting. Now, if you would like to come to "Bizarro World" and see what I saw, Disable the "Cheat/Action Replay" global Patch, and if it is enabled for the setting of the game that you are about to launch, set it to "Default" or set it to "Disabled". Now, when you launch the game and use "Soft Reset" afterward to exit the game, you will finally see what I have been reporting for the past while. Enjoy!

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Now I experience the same bug. I can't say whether Smiths or Normatt will care to work on it though, you can leave the cheats patch globally enabled and just not toggle any specific cheats on in order to not cheat. So that's called a workaround. But at least this is something reproducible.

kroimon

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I think the question was already there, but...

Am I right that the loader is now external, i.e. separate from the UI, Patcher and stuff?
So... why don't you just include the latest official loader in your releases (or at least let the user choose to use that one by default?)

~kroimon

Edit: The reason I'm asking is that 0716 (Yoshi's Island DS [EUR]) freezes with a white screen on load... Works with official 4.11 and 4.12 but not with beta2...

Smiths

AKAIO Person of Interest TAGS ARE THE BEST
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.gamergeddon.com
XP
Country
United States
kroimon said:
I think the question was already there, but...

Am I right that the loader is now external, i.e. separate from the UI, Patcher and stuff?
So... why don't you just include the latest official loader in your releases (or at least let the user choose to use that one by default?)

~kroimon

Edit: The reason I'm asking is that 0716 (Yoshi's Island DS [EUR]) freezes with a white screen on load... Works with official 4.11 and 4.12 but not with beta2...

two different kinds of loaders you're discussing.
we're "stealing" the loaders from an official akmenu when you set that as external.

we still like our loaders, so we're not going to extract the loaders to files (even though we have the algorithm) for people to keep separate.

carterman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BTW, with the 1.3b2, it seems to have broken the soft-reset for ExpLoader and the M3 GBA expansion so the RAM can't be used with homebrew and/or the web browser. I should just buy that damn EZ-Flash expansion already, LOL

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Smiths said:
We supported the M3 GBA? I didn't know that.

And soft-reset for exploader isn't our problem.
He means that the M3 GBA and all the other slot 2 cards aren't supported by AKAIO currently and that GBA EXploader is needed to use them which doesn't work in in the latest AKAIO beta. So any other Slot 2 card other than the EZ 3 in 1 has no support in AKAIO.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nearly 4 hours without power :(
  • Veho @ Veho:
    SO POWERLESS
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tell Kanye I need power
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Better start running in your hamster wheel
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Meth addicts on a treadmill connected to a generator "Unlimited POWER!!!'
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before or after a hit?
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Do you dangle a baggie in front of them, like a carrot?
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    they're the same thing
    +1
    i like that idea
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the same thing?
    +1
    before or after a hit
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay