After updating to 14.1, linux stopped working.

musashi73

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I had Emu, Linux Ubuntu and Android installed on software 13.2. After updating to 14.1, linux stopped working. I reformatted the card and reinstalled everything. After installing Linux, the logo has deformation and Ubuntu cannot start. Any ideas?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had Emu, Linux Ubuntu and Android installed on software 13.2. After updating to 14.1, linux stopped working. I reformatted the card and reinstalled everything. After installing Linux, the logo has deformation and Ubuntu cannot start. Any ideas?

Are these the Switchroot installations of L4T and Android Q/10?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes exactly. On soft 13.2 and Hekate 5.6 everything was installed without any problems.
Maybe the problem is that I also have 14.1 on the original.

If you recall the process, you went into Hekate and created new partitions for both Android and L4T. These are completely different partitions and would not have recieved any changes when 14.x.x FW was applied to the Atmosphere partition. I’m not 100% certain (but darn close) that this has little to do with the FW upgrade on your Atmosphere partition.

Not s what the reinstall process should be if you want to reinstall over an old deployment. Might try it myself just to know…

musashi73

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
If you recall the process, you went into Hekate and created new partitions for both Android and L4T. These are completely different partitions and would not have recieved any changes when 14.x.x FW was applied to the Atmosphere partition. I’m not 100% certain (but darn close) that this has little to do with the FW upgrade on your Atmosphere partition.

Not s what the reinstall process should be if you want to reinstall over an old deployment. Might try it myself just to know…

A moment ago I noticed another problem. After installing Lakka, as well as Ubuntu, the logo is deformed and the system does not start. Strange ... It's like Switch doesn't like Linux. Maybe it's a hardware failure ...

Attachments

• lakka.jpg
    lakka.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 21
  • lakka2.jpg
    lakka2.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 19

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A moment ago I noticed another problem. After installing Lakka, as well as Ubuntu, the logo is deformed and the system does not start. Strange ... It's like Switch doesn't like Linux. Maybe it's a hardware failure ...

Yeah…my Lakka, Ubuntu and Android icons in Hekate are not corrupted like that. All is unrelated to Linux while in Hekate…other than the names of the other software. I’m thinking your SD card might be getting ready to go? Do you have another SD card you can test with?

Last edited by binkinator,
Reactions: Takokeshi

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Those operating systems have nothing to do with HOS... You can use lakka/l4t/android even if your nand is completely dead.. So there's definitely either something with your sd card or its a hardware fault (which is weird if HOS works with no problems at all). Try using another sd card and booting lakka or something to eliminate faulty sd card possibility. Also, maybe a cart reader issue, but i'm not an expert in this and i don't know if a faulty cart reader can cause such issues.

Last edited by bad361,
Reactions: binkinator

musashi73

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Those operating systems have nothing to do with HOS... You can use lakka/l4t/android even if your nand is completely dead.. So there's definitely either something with your sd card or its a hardware fault (which is weird if HOS works with no problems at all). Try using another sd card and booting lakka or something to eliminate faulty sd card possibility. Also, maybe a cart reader issue, but i'm not an expert in this and i don't know if a faulty cart reader can cause such issues.
Something is probably wrong with the switch ... On 256gb and 512gb cards there is a linux error, and the new 200 gb card shows that there is nothing on it, and I have uploaded everything, including payloads

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 18
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 18
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 15
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 15

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Something is probably wrong with the switch ... On 256gb and 512gb cards there is a linux error, and the new 200 gb card shows that there is nothing on it, and I have uploaded everything, including payloads
Maybe a bad sd card reader? Try to format one just using HOS on the Switch and see if it comes back with a valid partition table.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Your purpose is living.