Reboot From Atmosphere / Linux / Android To Each Other While Docked?

phnord

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just setup Android and Linux on my Switch for the first time, alongside of my CFW, and I want to have easy ways to switch between them – especially while docked

Currently, all methods I have at my disposal more-or-less require I undock my Switch. E.g.:

• I can reboot from Android to the Hekate Bootloader in the extended power menu – but then I need the switch undocked to actually operate Hekate, unless it's set to autoboot my CFW
  • I can reboot from CFW to Hekate using something like the Payload_Launcher homebrew app – but that again requires me to undock my switch to operate Hekate
  • I can reboot in Linux and hold-down the VOL - key to get back to Hekate – but that requires I undock to use the VOL - / operate Hekate
I realize I can set any of these three to be the Autoboot option in Hekate, but that still only gives me an option to reboot to one of the three from all of them without undocking; I want to be able to choose which one I boot to without undocking. And it still gives me no option to do so from Linux, regardless...

I would imagine that there is likely ways to do this, but that it differs in each environment?

For instance, after browsing a bit I see fastCFWswitch as a Tesla overlay I could install in my CFW – but I'm not sure how to setup the config.ini correctly to boot to Linux or Android. Is it as simple as copying over what's in their Hektae /bootloader/ini/*.ini files?

I also see there's a HekateBrew app that might do what I'm asking for, but it hasn't been updated in 4+ years so I'm not sure if it will screw with a more modern Hekate setup...

And I have no idea how or if there's a way to do this kind of thing from Android / Linux. If not, I *could* set Hektae to autoboot my CFW and then just reboot Android to CFW by choosing to Reboot To Payload – but that still leaves me without a way to get there from Linux without physically accessing the VOL - button

Any advice on how to do all of this would be greatly appreciated 🙏

phnord

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On atmosphere there is a homebrew called studious pancake which allows you to reboot into any payload or hekate config

https://github.com/HookedBehemoth/studious-pancake
Perfect!

Meanwhile, I've found that on Linux or Android, there's a serious of shell commands I can use to reboot to various hekate configs (echoing various parameters into "/sys/devices/r2p/" and rebooting)

I wrote said scripts, and am currently working up .desktop icons to launch them in Linux, and I'll find some shell-script-launching-widget in Android to run them from there as well... that should wrap it all up
Post automatically merged:

Okay, found I was being dumb in Linux – there is now a system-tray icon app built-into the linux build that has a "Reboot 2 Config" option, allowing you to reboot to whatever Hekate config instantly

So now I just need an Android solution...

Last edited by phnord,
Reactions: impeeza

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
The latest release is for 17 FW
1700928317034.png

• Love
Reactions: BaamAlex

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I'm so dumb. Downloaded it on my pc and boom. Folder is there. It's my file manager on android who doesn't like foldernames with a dot at the beginning xD
folders with dot at start are "hidden" by default on *nix, most of the file managers have a setting to show hidden elements.

captansam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok
I was looking for that but there is no option fro now, could be a good addition, may be create a request on the GitHub repo.
https://github.com/HookedBehemoth/studious-pancake/
Sorry just to make sure i'm asking my question clearly - For Studious-Pancake, when in atmosphere, how do I add an option to boot directly into the Hekate menu without going into UMS mode? I'm using an OLED switch on a modchip. Currently in the Studious Pancake tesla loader you can boot into hekate via UMS & the other custom loaders you have enabled.

So this currently isn't possible to do with studious pancake correct? There's no way to modify it to make it do this?

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Ok

Sorry just to make sure i'm asking my question clearly - For Studious-Pancake, when in atmosphere, how do I add an option to boot directly into the Hekate menu without going into UMS mode? I'm using an OLED switch on a modchip. Currently in the Studious Pancake tesla loader you can boot into hekate via UMS & the other custom loaders you have enabled.

So this currently isn't possible to do with studious pancake correct? There's no way to modify it to make it do this?
It's possible but must be added as an option in code, because the HEKATE_IPL.ini file do not have that option. that´s why a request must be rise to the GitHub repo.

Reactions: captansam

captansam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's possible but must be added as an option in code, because the HEKATE_IPL.ini file do not have that option. that´s why a request must be rise to the GitHub repo.
Thanks for the prompt reply. I reached out and the dev replied, if you are on the tesla menu for studios pancake & press the '-' button it will automatically take you to Hekate. I'm so happy this is such a great feature! Props to the dev

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto