porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I read the first post before HE EDITED IT Officer
Except the fact that the link was always there. The edit iirc was done by a mod for misleading choice of words in the first sentence. Otherwise the first post is pretty much intact.... :huh:

If he did edit it himself, you'd see a remark regarding the time the edit was done as seen below. And mods usually leave a mark of the areas they edited which is seen in the first post. So yea. Nice try.

Reactions: Jiehfeng

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
oh boy, the bootlegs are rearing their ugly heads, I think I'll pass on this one

yep, stay away from hong kong sellers on ebay, people really need to look out for fake 3ds carts now, its going to be harder to find second hand 3ds games so i'm going to stick to places like cex for 2nd hand (or what is left of the uk high street)

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont get if they can make a bootleg game cart ,and can flash /write a game to the eprom, then why cant they do it with a flashable one?

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
Except the fact that the link was always there. The edit iirc was done by a mod for misleading choice of words in the first sentence. Otherwise the first post is pretty much intact.... :huh:

If he did edit it himself, you'd see a remark regarding the time the edit was done as seen below. And mods usually leave a mark of the areas they edited which is seen in the first post. So yea. Nice try.

Burrrrn
GO PORKIE

Reactions: porkiewpyne

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i dont get if they can make a bootleg game cart ,and can flash /write a game to the eprom, then why cant they do it with a flashable one?
Because not every game is exactly the same, and so there are (often minor) hardware differences between different game cards. For example, one game's EEPROM may be larger than another game's, because it requires a larger savegame. The card will probably check the size of EEPROM available, and if it's not the right size, refuse to load. So if you have a flashable card with an EEPROM large enough for one game, it might be too large for another, and the second game wouldn't work.

This is just one example of a change, there are likely others, and it would be expensive and difficult to manufacture some card that could trick the 3DS into thinking it has the right hardware for every different game (would most likely require an on board CPU to respond to various requests of the 3DS for different things e.g. EEPROM size etc.)

Schizoanalysis

From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't think this is a legit cart. I mean it's got flash cart hardware and a switch... that shit doesn't exist on real carts, and there's not the space to shove a second cart inside a real 3DS cart.

I presumed that they just de-soldered the main chip, and re-soldered it on a custom board with flash cart/switch built in.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: