Hacking Ace3DS Team released a hybrid card that comes with a 3DS rom

Deltaechoe

The Dopefish
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While the bootlegs might help toward a loader, the 3ds hackers already have the means to make one. There is a kernel mode exploit that has been discovered and it can be used to make a loader too, bootleg not needed.

P

pasc

from what i remember the crown 3ds kit was a 1:1 clone of splinter cell. they did have it actually booting splinter cell but they were unable to get it to run any other roms. this cart probably uses that technology, so its a 1:1 clone of whatever with flash kit stuff built in. so you get a pretty crappy flash kit supported by a hacked version of outdated wood source code, and when you flip the switch you get 1 3ds game that you can never change.

honestly, i don't see the point.

-another world
so...

1. Get 3DS Retail Game
2. Get known working DS Flashcard
3. Put Switch between both and glue them together
4. ?????
5. Profit ! ? !

Seriously ?

I don't see any kind of technology here. We don't even know how the 3DS games are "put on the card". If the End Products Price however will be much higher if not the double than any retail game its easy to guess what they are doing.

Seriously, I think this should better be my last post regarding this abomniation. It is probably the same as this:

http://www.memorex.com/en-us/Gaming/Gaming-Accessories/Universal-Game-Selector-Case1/

regarding its technology I mean.

OFFTOPIC: Has it EVER happened that the ppl were unable to hack a Nintendo Handheld for so long ? (except for the DSi of course)

I recall the GBA and DS being hacked long before the first native system selling Pkmng game was out.

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
so...

1. Get 3DS Retail Game
2. Get known working DS Flashcard
3. Put Switch between both and glue them together
4. ?????
5. Profit ! ? !

Seriously ?

I don't see any kind of technology here. We don't even know how the 3DS games are "put on the card". If the End Products Price however will be much higher if not the double than any retail game its easy to guess what they are doing.

Seriously, I think this should better be my last post regarding this abomniation. It is probably the same as this:

http://www.memorex.com/en-us/Gaming/Gaming-Accessories/Universal-Game-Selector-Case1/

regarding its technology I mean.

OFFTOPIC: Has it EVER happened that the ppl were unable to hack a Nintendo Handheld for so long ? (except for the DSi of course)

I recall the GBA and DS being hacked long before the first native system selling Pkmng game was out.

I doubt it is a real retail game, Not enough space for that and the flashcard.

Thunder Hawk

Firefox Master Race
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So basically this is just a normal flashcard that turns into a 3ds game when you flip a switch. Right? I'd rather just buy the game separate.

OldClassicGamer

Serbian Prinny
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
So basically they are bootleg versions of retail games? I'm not gonna touch these with a 10 foot pole, seems like an easy way to end up on a watchlist or with a bricked console or something.

Flashcards do not brick 3DS. You can only get flashcard bricked if you update console before flashcard

Reactions: 2ndApex

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Flashcards do not brick 3DS. You can only get flashcard bricked if you update console before flashcard
Even then it's not a brick as the flash cart is not damaged in any way, the 3DS just actively refuses to launch it (it'll still work on older systems).

Deltaechoe

The Dopefish
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was just joking, still just seems highly illegal and like something that'll get shut down in a heartbeat
piracy is illegal under most copyright laws yes, but get shutdown, not so much. I believe this card comes from china (correct me if I'm wrong) and the law enforcement there does not enforce international copyrights very well

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
back of the flashcard

ACE3DS%20PRO05.jpg

dehry

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Might be for some reason, you have to take it out to switch between two mode while 3DS console is on, not sure...:)

The switch is there so you don't fry the cartridge switching between the flashcart (which is just the $10 Ace3DS plus with a switch) and the "Genuine 3DS Game"(which could very well be the guts of a 3DS cartridge.) THEY DID NOT MAKE A 3DS MODE FLASHCART.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    T @ Texasauras: IS ANYONE ON TWITCH.COM TWITCH.COM/THESUSHIDRAGON