ROM Hack Ace Attorney Investigation (2): Prosecutor's Path FINAL [RELEASE]

Deviddo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your best of with no$gba 2.7a , self stretch screen's and should have no problem with crashes , is now freeware , no$zomer no longer needed.

DL: http://problemkaputt.de/no$gba-w.zip

This does indeed run with no speed issues, but now I'm having the anti-piracy thing show up in the text boxes, that was fixed with the patch, right, so it is it some sort of emulator glitch?

Shinintendo

Trophies
Website
games4gamer.net
XP
Country
Iceland
I wish there was a way to make the game more punishing. for example during the chess play to make the timer not reset after each knocked out black chess piece.
have like 2-3 tries in Logic than it's game over.

Those improvements will hardly make the game that hard anyway, just more fun imo.
but yeah I know I'm asking the impossible, just wishful thinking here.

OT: Anyone got any news about Densetsu's team "Blood of Bahamut". it's been soooo long. I wish this game was out as well(Tales of Hearts too).

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This does indeed run with no speed issues, but now I'm having the anti-piracy thing show up in the text boxes, that was fixed with the patch, right, so it is it some sort of emulator glitch?

OK grate.

Am not sure have not got it, I left the Action replay anti-piracy code on page 5, to use with no$gba input chats F2 key / add new / tick Action replay DS / tick RAW format / OK , tick on new code OK it.

The AP fix always remain the same for each translated patched game.

Now it runs perfectly, I really appreciate the help, can't wait to dive into this game!

OK see you got it working , No problem all best :)

woutervanesch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I tried this on the DraStic emu for Android, it runs fine, except when I try to advance to the next part, or try to pause the game. I get a blank screen (with the start menu background).

PorkyMinch754

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thank you very much for all your amazing work!
I'm just curious about one thing... What do you mean with being "the international localization team"? Are you guys the same that localized previous Ace Attorney games?

Mracy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It means that multiple localisation teams from multiple countries had to work together to get the expertise needed for the project.

Incognito_D

Trophies
XP
Country
I have the newest Wood firmware, works like charm. I tried using xdelta on Windows and MultiPatch on Mac, and both work fine on R4.

thanks - I'll try the wood firmware. Does it only work with newer R4 cards? Mine is pretty old - I got it back in 2008.
As you can probably guess, I've been out of the DS loop for quite a while, but this translation has piqued my interest again!

Lycan911

wolf boi
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
thanks - I'll try the wood firmware. Does it only work with newer R4 cards? Mine is pretty old - I got it back in 2008.
As you can probably guess, I've been out of the DS loop for quite a while, but this translation has piqued my interest again!
I have the original "Revolution for DS" R4, and I think some of the R4i carts support it too.

Reactions: ComeTurismO

FranckKnight

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Auryn

I didn't say thanks yet. So here we go.

I keep PRAISING this translation to my friends online. I am absolutely floored with the quality of it. I'm in the middle of the second case and loving it. I didn't want to play the patch until the entire thing was done. So now I am.

-The personality of the known characters is spot on. It seems simple at first, but when you think that a single word (or quirk) can change how a character feels to the reader, it means alot to have it down. I'm reading Miles, Kay and Gumshoe, and thinking that 'This is them'.
-The new character names : I read a summary of some of the puns of the original japanese names, and I think the names here are amazingly well chosen.
-The voices. Great work putting those that you had on hand. I'm not sure how you got some of the others (OVERRULED), or if they were made new, but simply amazing.
-The pictures. Again the details of changing the text to english where it was visible.
-The titles, like 'Logic Chess'. I don't know how hard it was to make this, but its not like you could rip that part off the original game (like voices or some pictures already translated). It looks just the way it would in an official translation.
-The 'puzzles' : I haven't stumbled on anything that was poorly worded or confusing. None of them are obvious like an arm sticking out of the head waving at you, but none of them felt like it was mistranslated, or that the follow up to it made no sense (which, honestly speaking, I've had a few cases of even in the official translations).

So here's another big THANK YOU for this work. I honestly would not be surprised that Capcom just bought your translation for it (and added a few voice overs were missing). Its on par with whatever they have done with the series, and then some.

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Even WoodR4 starting to lag behind these days, Not had an update for some time now.

Here my Latest YSMenu build for R4 Revolution for DS (NDSL/NDS) , Upto Games number 6395

YSMenu R4 v6395: https://mega.co.nz/#!tQJ0TB4b!N9AmKS42dJ-piCoOHSChZwPvUM92s2IGfy7Qv8J_arM

Deviddo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now I'm having a very minor issue that seems to happen whether I play the game with a patch or not, the graphics for some of the 'overworld' sprites look awkward at times, for example, Gumshoe rubs the back of his head, and his feet continuously lift off the ground. I think it may just be an emulator glitch with no$gba, and it certainly doesn't make the game unplayable, but if anyone thinks they can help stop it, then by all means please tell me.

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even WoodR4 starting to lag behind these days, Not had an update for some time now.

Here my Latest YSMenu build for R4 Revolution for DS (NDSL/NDS) , Upto Games number 6395

YSMenu R4 v6395: https://mega.co.nz/#!tQJ0TB4b!N9AmKS42dJ-piCoOHSChZwPvUM92s2IGfy7Qv8J_arM
How do you install this firmware? i put all the files and folders in the sd card for the r4 and that did not work.So then i renamed the TTmenu folder to R4iMenu and that didnt work either. Got a error message when doing so.

diav

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have the original "Revolution for DS" R4, and I think some of the R4i carts support it too.
I had to patch the game for my friend since she likes the AA series, but she's using the M3 Simply running Wood R4 1.62. Last I asked, she's done Case 3 and hasn't come across any glitches or issues yet. I'll ask her again a bit later about Cases 4 and 5.

I myself don't play the AA series but I tested this on my R4i GOLD 3DS RTS (running Wood R4 1.64 from r4ids) on my 3DS XL and the game loaded without any issues.

margaerytyrell

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if anyone else has this problem, but whenever I play on NO$GBA (or Zoomer) the image rom crashes, apparently. I could just play it on Desmume, but it lags terribly on there regardless of what I adjust. I'm sure this isn't really an issue most others run into, so I would like if someone might be able to explain just what I'm doing wrong. I did infact set the emulator to the GBA startup option, and I encrypted the patched rom itself as well.

i have the exact same problem as this but the difference is after i use no$gba (from the link given by drwhojan) the text appears to be like this
pSjSnf9.png

i wonder what happen?

Nononoki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thanks for the hard work!

Btw, in case 4 End Part 1

Edgeworth:
"Believe in your innocence.
Believe in me who believes in you." Reference intentional? :)

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
How do you install this firmware? i put all the files and folders in the sd card for the r4 and that did not work.So then i renamed the TTmenu folder to R4iMenu and that didnt work either. Got a error message when doing so.

If it's R4i you have check over at http://gbatemp.net/threads/retrogamefan-updates-releases.267243/

My YSMenu build was 4 the "R4 Revolution for DS (NDSL/NDS)" only , the original not clone.

Although you will need to replace extinfo.dat and infolib.dat from the ttmenu folder, into rgf folder with same dats.

Golden_Witch

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Meh, either this crashes for me with no$Gba 2.6 all the time, or it freezes everything entirely with 2.7.
Guess I'm out of Luck to play this.=/
I know this happened before with Tale of two Towns, no idea how I got that to work though.>.>

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.