Banned
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
Hells Malice said:
Casual gamers are still worse then everything on that list.

But it's a pretty good list, lol.
Describe Casual.

Am I a casual gamer if most days I only play my DS about 15 minutes? Even though what I'm playing is often games like Mario, Zelda, Final Fantasy?

When there isn't a noteworthy release, most times I neglect video games for internet (Hulu, Streaming Anime, Manga, LogiCat?).

Bake

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I guess I'm Purist/Completionist. I even quit a game if I find out I missed something to collect or beat. I just can't focus on a game with the knowledge that I can't obtain a certain item anymore.

EDIT: Dammit, minor mistake. I don't quit a game, I star over.

logical thinker

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Lame list.
closedeyes.gif

Njrg said:
Hells Malice said:
Casual gamers are still worse then everything on that list.

But it's a pretty good list, lol.
Describe Casual.

Am I a casual gamer if most days I only play my DS about 15 minutes? Even though what I'm playing is often games like Mario, Zelda, Final Fantasy?

When there isn't a noteworthy release, most times I neglect video games for internet (Hulu, Streaming Anime, Manga, LogiCat?).
Casual is someone who does not play frequently and only plays games with an easy/short learning curve. Casual, for me, those WiiSports (and other Wiisomething) players, people who play mostly FPS or Sports games, some GTA players (I play GTA, but I always try 100%), "Imagine" series players, etc.

George Dawes

Wanker
Trophies
Website
www.indymedia.org.uk
XP
Country
Chad
Njrg said:
Describe Casual.
These days casual seems to be used to describe someone who isn't interested in mainstream, "blockbuster" games, FPSs or playing over the net.

The very people who a few years ago were "hardcore gamers". interested in a range of games or quirky japanese games with bright colours, loud noises and manic gameplay? pfft, you are casual. That guy over there playing CoD and FIFA (again, and again and AGAIN) is the new "core gamer".

Juanmatron

Slater Color
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Ladies and Gentlemen! it's time for another round of questions and answers show the Juanmatron uncle! With questions of little TIMMY!!

Timmy: Dude, are there any hardcore or casual game consoles?
Answer: That is an argument that Microsoft and Sony if invented to discredit Nintendo consoles because the new users have an average age of 30 years, so the children could not brand them as in previous generations.

Timmy: A console can be childish?
Answer: There is no such thing, there is no game console that has the manufacturer that stipulates that only children under 10 can use.

DS has a wider audience PS2 child?

Answer: look at the lists of game sales in the two PS2 consoles only get games for women and girls, apart from one another for sport, whereas in DS lists almost every rpg and adventure games are also one another for girls and boys.

What makes Best's catalog a console?
Answer: For the quality of the games, and DS is the console with the greatest amount of RPG that ever existed, and that influences a lot because the RPG is the genre of game that has the best music, longer and more elaborate plots , besides that great games like Brothers in Arms, Ninja Gaiden, Call of Duty 4 and 5 and others just came to DS. And the amount of the games also matters, and also DS is the console that has had more games in history. And I almost forgot to say that the manufacturer support is very important, and support for Nintendo has been much higher.

Why so many DS games sold in comparison to the competition?
Answer: Because a lot of DS is limited to games, unless DSI versions and other versions DSIXL only serve as game console, and that is what motivates players to buy games, rather other laptops are sometimes used only as a media player, and this also happens with some hardware players, such as PS2 and PS3.

What is the best of all consoles?
Answer: Believe it or not there is no such thing, the consoles are good according to the tastes of the players and the catalog of games, is a concept very difficult to establish because the answer would see one player to another.

Why DS sells so much?
Answer: because there are many more games than other consoles which hundreds are unique, the gameplay is innovative due to the two screens and touch capabilities coupled with the microphone and it helps just to certain games as the genre are now Edutamient a genre quite entertaining, being once to negligible.

Well little Timmy, that's enough for now, until next will we have a new edition of the show.

Njrg said:
George Dawes said:
These days casual seems to be used to describe someone who isn't interested in mainstream, "blockbuster" games, FPSs or playing over the net.
Does this make me casual?

I WANT THAT!

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a 9. (2+3+4). I might not beat you on my first play, but i'm a MUCH better... erm... "not low" gamer. I'm also a completionist to an irritating degree. Not that i WILL find everything, but i'll spend an extreme amount of time looking in corners of adventure games (or open world), and Wife® gets SO irritated with it.

And i'm an old-school junkie. I can't say that Link To The Past kills Uncharted (i'm hella curious of the uncharted series) but i will tell you that oldschool 2d games beat their 3d counterparts like nobodies business (mario, zelda, final fantasy, etc etc). Aaaand... something something up hill both ways.

But yea.

They pretty well fit :-\

Delta517

Its okay...Im a ninja ;)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
I'll have to take 2. Freak of Nature
tongue.gif

I remember I owned my friends who had played CS:S for some years, and I had only played it around a month
tongue.gif

heavyknight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
George Dawes said:
Njrg said:
Fsck no! Casual gamers look at muscle march and think "wtf, that isn't a game, it's childish and stupid".

If only muscle march was longer, or there were more games like that about (mindless fun - what gaming is meant to be about, isn't it?).
MapleStory disagrees. That game is beyond mindless.
I wouldn't say casuals look at it and go wtf, I think a lot of people would just plain go wtf at it. Strange/obscure game - reactions. Kind of like if you showed someone Touhou in the hardest mode...they'd usually react as in either 'wow, cool' 'neat'' 'awesome', "WTF", and so on.

Let's see...I'm a partial 6. Only because of 'he plays games until dawn,' - but it's usually rare/on occasion that I do that. Plus, I'm too poor for energy drinks.

Njrg

Kinsoku Jikou Desu. ^.~
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
George Dawes said:
Njrg said:
Fsck no! Casual gamers look at muscle march and think "wtf, that isn't a game, it's childish and stupid".

If only muscle march was longer, or there were more games like that about (mindless fun - what gaming is meant to be about, isn't it?).
Well aside from Metroid, Zelda, Halo, Unreal Tournament, I also play Geo Natur Puzzle (Jigsaw game), Sally's Salon, Animal Crossing, Scribblenauts, and America's Test Kitchen. Does this still make me casual?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3xQO7neBmy0&pp=ygUXU2hvd2VyIHNjZW5lIEhhbGYgYmFrZWQ%3D