ROM Hack 4507 - Zelda Spirit Tracks Anti-Piracy Hack

Ryufushichou

I'm Not British, I'm Just Gay!
Trophies
XP
Country
gisel213 said:
Vincent Valentine said:
Normmatt said he will only be including the patch in the next Akaio firmware, nothing else so anyone without acekards is shit outta luck.

I beg to differ i have an acekard but this game runs fine on my R4iGold with no patches past the train
and is still running.... so i am not shit outta luck
you realize i dont give a damn, right?

Leo99999

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So is this patch going to EVER be released outside the firmware or will there need to be another patch?
huh.gif

gisel213

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vincent Valentine said:
gisel213 said:
Vincent Valentine said:
Normmatt said he will only be including the patch in the next Akaio firmware, nothing else so anyone without acekards is shit outta luck.

I beg to differ i have an acekard but this game runs fine on my R4iGold with no patches past the train
and is still running.... so i am not shit outta luck

Sure VV...tryin 2 play this game now
yaynds.gif

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DJ91990 said:
Narin is making a fix? Great!
I wonder how you can convert AR Code to HEX Value so that I can patch the ROM. The AR Code may not work, remember that other DS game where the fishing hook would break? It checked the RAM for edits in that section of code, if there was something being forced to a value that was not written in ROM then the AP would still get set off.
You can use DSATM to inject the cheats into the ROM itself.

Guy.brush

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
Vincent Valentine said:

while gbatemp is really the best and most up to date site concerning dls and info, the aggressive atmosphere in the forums is really what drove me away towards other, nicer communities. I feel really sorry for you vincent. Your parents hit you a lot, don´t they?
unsure.gif

loserkidsblink18

Trophies
Website
ryanmcnamara.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo's new forms of AP are getting.. strange, don't you think? How does the ROM detect that it's a pirated copy anyway? And you think that once it DID detect it was a pirated ROM, then it would just stop the game from working at all rather than having a glitch-like problem occur (via Bowser's Inside Story, Chrono Trigger and now, the gear box). It just seems like a rather unorthodox way to go about things. I guess they are achieving their means - well.. for a few days anyway.

At least they seemed to get their message across with New Super Mario Bros. Wii the old fashioned way. The good ol' "fuck you, not playing this!" rather than "y cant i get past dis part?"

I'm just trying to understand the technology behind this. It.. somehow knows that it's a pirated game.. and then.. disabled a layer or something?
blink.gif

Ryufushichou

I'm Not British, I'm Just Gay!
Trophies
XP
Country
Guy.brush said:
Vincent Valentine said:

while gbatemp is really the best and most up to date site concerning dls and info, the aggressive atmosphere in the forums is really what drove me away towards other, nicer communities. I feel really sorry for you vincent. Your parents hit you a lot, don´t they?
unsure.gif
Yes yes they did, then i hit them back and they were the ones crying.

metal01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vincent Valentine said:
Guy.brush said:
Vincent Valentine said:

unsure.gif
Yes yes they did, then i hit them back and they were the ones crying.

Ha my mom tried to hit me once, karate class paid of then...blocked her, grabbed her arm and went behind and twisted it, didn't go over well but that was the last time she did that.

Guy.brush

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
@ loserkids: I think you got it quite right. As far as i understood, playing roms with your cart changes some adresses, or better, the cart changes the rom in order to run it (game>cart>dshardware in opposition to game>dshardware). what the AP does is send out a request and if the wrong digit returns, it just stops loading... in this specific case the train control layers. Hope I got it halfway right. If anyone knows better feel free to correct me on this

Leo99999

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
loserkidsblink182 said:
Nintendo's new forms of AP are getting.. strange, don't you think? How does the ROM detect that it's a pirated copy anyway? And you think that once it DID detect it was a pirated ROM, then it would just stop the game from working at all rather than having a glitch-like problem occur (via Bowser's Inside Story, Chrono Trigger and now, the gear box). It just seems like a rather unorthodox way to go about things. I guess they are achieving their means - well.. for a few days anyway.

At least they seemed to get their message across with New Super Mario Bros. Wii the old fashioned way. The good ol' "fuck you, not playing this!" rather than "y cant i get past dis part?"

I'm just trying to understand the technology behind this. It.. somehow knows that it's a pirated game.. and then.. disabled a layer or something?
blink.gif
I think thye just got bored and decided to screw with pirates

You have to admit, it's actually quite funny for them. the best one I know of is DQV, the ship which you start on doesn't ever reach shore! XD

panmusic

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
So,the fastest solution will be Xenos's patch,am I correct?
Does anyone know how long it takes to release the patch?Also,are there any sites in order to learn Xenos's progress?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
panmusic said:
So,the fastest solution will be Xenos's patch,am I correct?
Does anyone know how long it takes to release the patch?Also,are there any sites in order to learn Xenos's progress?
Yeah pretty much unless you can rip it out of AKAIO lol.

metal01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a bit off topic but what is the best cart out there currently, I have an R4i sdhc and it seems compared to the others to be crap.

Sardana

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Okay, you guys made me get an account so I could talk on here.

By the way, I use an R4IIISDHC (clone card) and I can get up to the train but suffer the layer vanishing too.

Guys, seriously. How long has this ROM been out for? About a day. People have lives. You should be grateful that we actually get to see the intro (well, those lucky enough to have it not freeze) before the general public.

I've had a look at the code (having patched KH by myself) and am completely stumped.

Now for the weird AP thing. I have noticed the hearts too. I don't think that what Nintendo is doing is odd at all. They're basicly sitting back in their chairs and watching us stare blankly at our screens. We've been given a taste and they want us to go out and by a legal copy of this game. I think it's quite clever. I seriously laughed when I got to the train, bless Nintendo.

Now, has anybody had the chance to check the multiplayer? This is what interests me the most. PH had a weird little tutorial yet ST does not. I wanna know if we could entertain ourselves with this 'til the patch gets released. Won't get to test it out 'til tomorrow.

Now, I have a question. To those using NO$GBA... How in hell do you use the mic function?

While you all wait, go to youtube and look up old Zelda ads.

Also, when the patch is posted for us, don't forget to say our thanks to the people who took time out of their lives to give it to us. Sorry for the long... reply?

~Sardana -- Edit: Spelling, sorry guys

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: happy pride month guys