• Likes 43

KarlaY64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ok.

So you dumped that game from your own cartridge with GodMode9, right? Could be that your cart is corrupted and so is the dump (cia) you installed, and that's why it's giving you errors.
Though let's put this on hold for now, until you test the sdcard properly to make sure it's not the one that's faulty.
I tested the SD card and it has no errors, should i recover my 3ds files and put it in my 3ds as well?

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tested the SD card and it has no errors, should i recover my 3ds files and put it in my 3ds as well?
Are you sure you did exactly as you were told? What did it say at the end of the test exactly?
Yes, you can copy stuff back to it, use the same tool you copied with the first time.
Acutally it's a system install not a cartridge
So the game was purchased and downloaded directly from the eShop you mean? Or you just installed the cia file you downloaded from the internet with fbi?

KarlaY64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Are you sure you did exactly as you were told? What did it say at the end of the test exactly?
Yes, you can copy stuff back to it, use the same tool you copied with the first time.
"Test finished without errors"
And already did

So the game was purchased and downloaded directly from the eShop you mean? Or you just installed the cia file you downloaded from the internet with fbi?
I downloaded the CIA file from a site on the internet, both US and EUR regions with fbi

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downloaded the CIA file from a site on the internet, both US and EUR regions
Then i suggest getting it from some place else (please do not ask where here), and deleting the one you have installed and installing the new file.
Do you have enough space left on the sd card?

palicao

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi all

I am here because I messed up with some pokemon saves from 2016. Basically my old SD had a fault but I managed to save an image of it. I copied the image to a new SD and then everything went fine.
After that I played a bit and then saved. The day after I tried to enlarge the partition in the new SD (half of it was unused because the broken SD was smaller) and I messed up things so I had to re-write the image on the new SD.

This way the pokemon games (AS and Moon) don't recognize anymore the saves I have as they are older then the anti-cheat-check I guess.

Is there any way to access the pokemon saves and then modify them so they are working with the console?
I didn't want to install CFW or anything like that and I have been told that it could be possible with the flashcard I have but on the homebrew wiki it seems to me it's not possible.
I already have done the steps to find the encryption and all and I wondered if there is a way to fix this via pc as well in case it's not possible via flashcard

thanks <3

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all

I am here because I messed up with some pokemon saves from 2016. Basically my old SD had a fault but I managed to save an image of it. I copied the image to a new SD and then everything went fine.
After that I played a bit and then saved. The day after I tried to enlarge the partition in the new SD (half of it was unused because the broken SD was smaller) and I messed up things so I had to re-write the image on the new SD.

This way the pokemon games (AS and Moon) don't recognize anymore the saves I have as they are older then the anti-cheat-check I guess.

Is there any way to access the pokemon saves and then modify them so they are working with the console?
I didn't want to install CFW or anything like that and I have been told that it could be possible with the flashcard I have but on the homebrew wiki it seems to me it's not possible.
I already have done the steps to find the encryption and all and I wondered if there is a way to fix this via pc as well in case it's not possible via flashcard

thanks <3
The first thing you want to do is extracting the save from the cartridge, if it's still saved there.
The Pokémon save files you were talking about should be in ".sav" format (if not they're kinda useless..). Only then you can open those saves in PKHeX or PKSM. You can check the checksum of the save there and it will if it's corrupted.
Though if you don't have the save files at hand, and the saves are still on the carts, there's no other way of extracting them without installing cfw first. Without mentioning how you can't get those saves to work on the 3DS without cfw..

palicao

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The first thing you want to do is extracting the save from the cartridge, if it's still saved there.
The Pokémon save files you were talking about should be in ".sav" format (if not they're kinda useless..). Only then you can open those saves in PKHeX or PKSM. You can check the checksum of the save there and it will if it's corrupted.
Though if you don't have the save files at hand, and the saves are still on the carts, there's no other way of extracting them without installing cfw first. Without mentioning how you can't get those saves to work on the 3DS without cfw..
yes I still have the .sav file, it's taken directly from the 3ds SD. I can't open it with PKHeX though.

I asked on another forum and they mentioned that since I was simply trying to overcome the console save validity check, I would have not needed to install CFW but only TwilightMenu on flashcard and then godmod9 would have made it possible to modify those saves without altering the console.

i guess they might have been wrong :3

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yes I still have the .sav file, it's taken directly from the 3ds SD. I can't open it with PKHeX though.

I asked on another forum and they mentioned that since I was simply trying to overcome the console save validity check, I would have not needed to install CFW but only TwilightMenu on flashcard and then godmod9 would have made it possible to modify those saves without altering the console.

i guess they might have been wrong :3
Is it 3ds pokemon titles you are trying to modify to get the saves? Or older ones?

And ya. twilightmenu definitely needs cfw in order to run.

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's not possible without having cfw installed, game saves are saved on cartridges, and you can't extract them without cfw.. And saves are not saved on the sd card unless you have the digital (eShop) version installed on your 3DS, and those saves are encrypted, so they're useless (without cfw)..
I asked on another forum and they mentioned that since I was simply trying to overcome the console save validity check, I would have not needed to install CFW but only TwilightMenu on flashcard
Again that's not possible. TWilightmenu is for DS games and have nothing to do with either 3DS games or 3DS game saves..
and then godmod9 would have made it possible to modify those saves without altering the console.
You can use an ntrboot compatible flashcart so you can install cfw on it, which is basically the same thing, just on a flashcart instead of the 3DS's sd card.. And GodMode9 doesn't modify saves..

palicao

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
That's not possible without having cfw installed, game saves are saved on cartridges, and you can't extract them without cfw.. And saves are not saved on the sd card unless you have the digital (eShop) version installed on your 3DS, and those saves are encrypted, so they're useless (without cfw)..

Again that's not possible. TWilightmenu is for DS games and have nothing to do with either 3DS games or 3DS game saves..

You can use an ntrboot compatible flashcart so you can install cfw on it, which is basically the same thing, just on a flashcart instead of the 3DS's sd card.. And GodMode9 doesn't modify saves..
It's more like the only way to not install CFW would have been to use JKSM which then needs a homebrew entrypoint which then needs something else and here I am basically :)

both games are downloaded though, so no cartridges

I might get confused down the way to here I guess XD

Last edited by palicao,

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's more like the only way to not install CFW would have been to use JKSM which then needs a homebrew entrypoint which then needs something else and here I am basically :)

I might get confused down the way to here I guess XD
Not sure why you're avoiding cfw to this degree, but let me assure that the state of homebrew is not the same as it was back then. The process is pretty noob-proof if you follow the instructions correctly. But the choice is ultimately yours..
Saves are encrypted, there's no way to decrypting them without atleast having access to GodMode9 and the sd card save files, or with Checkpoint which requires cfw..

palicao

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Not sure why you're avoiding cfw to this degree, but let me assure that the state of homebrew is not the same as it was back then. The process is pretty noob-proof if you follow the instructions correctly. But the choice is ultimately yours..
Saves are encrypted, there's no way to decrypting them without atleast having access to GodMode9 and the sd card save files, or with Checkpoint which requires cfw..

I wanted to sell the console after, it's a nice Zelda one and in pristine conditions. I read it's not possible to uninstall CFW so that is why I was trying to avoid.

thank you anyway for the answers <3 much appreciated

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's more like the only way to not install CFW would have been to use JKSM which then needs a homebrew entrypoint which then needs something else and here I am basically
Yes, you can use JKSM with a homebrew entrypoint which can then be removed cleanly afterwards. It's not so complicated. Just follow the instructions in https://3ds.guide for installing Pichaxx – but instead of using universal-otherapp to install b9s, just find the older otherapp payload appropriate for your system to access the Homebrew Launcher (boot.3dsx). It's not very well-documented because no one really uses that method anymore, but it definitely works.

Other viable homebrew entrypoints require cartridges for Freakyforms Deluxe, Cubic Ninja (if your system is US), or Ocarina of Time (but only if you have a Powersaves). But Pichaxx is fine.

With an ntrboot flashcart, you can run Godmode9 without installing any persistent hacks, but that's really only useful for extracting save data and you're interested in continuing to use it with your 3DS afterwards.

Exporting and re-importing save data is possible on a PC with save3ds, but it is a very user-unfriendly program and I really can't recall reading about anyone using it successfully before.

You can uninstall cfw, and if you follow the necessary steps correctly there should be no difference between it and a stock system.
If you're lucky then there should be no difference, but I have never understood the uninstallation process to be 100% reliable. It really ought to be and I don't understand why it is so difficult to make it that way, but that's how it is.

Last edited by Kwyjor,

Cerroz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm hearing that the Luma Updater is outdated now, if so, is there another updater? Or am I installing new Luma versions manually? (which I was doing anyway...)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's one of the finest honors at temp
  • Vulpeka @ Vulpeka:
    I was here in 2008
  • PandaPandel @ PandaPandel:
    says you joined 2009
  • Vulpeka @ Vulpeka:
    Yeah
    after i got my acecard i joined
  • Vulpeka @ Vulpeka:
    Lurking
  • Vulpeka @ Vulpeka:
    At least we are busier than gamefaqs
    this place def has enough people on it that it feelscozy
  • Vulpeka @ Vulpeka:
    Development. For my nintendos wiiu and 3ds is great all the stuff in the ds days was great
  • Vulpeka @ Vulpeka:
    i am happy to see this as an active home for projects
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    #10YearGang
  • Vulpeka @ Vulpeka:
    On game faqs i have a 2006 account
  • Vulpeka @ Vulpeka:
    Here i should have joined earlier
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Funny how people argue that social media destroyed message boards then I show them temp
  • Vulpeka @ Vulpeka:
    I miss skulltag
  • Vulpeka @ Vulpeka:
    Some fourms died with the project
  • Vulpeka @ Vulpeka:
    Skulltag was an online doom source port based on zdoom it was extremely fun
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Generally forums that had rules longer than the Bible died people don't want a strict website on the internet they wanna look at boobs and pirate Nintendo games
    +1
  • Vulpeka @ Vulpeka:
    or drama and bad moderators lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Reddit is basically the new message boards
    i am a simple girl all i want is booba and nintendo
  • Vulpeka @ Vulpeka:
    reddit is terrible
    reddit is cheeks
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @PandaPandel, I got man boobs :creep:
    booba is booba
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's more annoying alot of users come from reddit/youtube then whine when a temp mod laws down the law when they ask for piracy and drama
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: What's more annoying alot of users come from reddit/youtube then whine when a temp mod laws down...