• Replies 53,789
  • Likes 43

Akuma-Oni123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also noticed inside of gm9, hitting the home button to bring up the system menu, under more->system info: it displays a Friendcode seed that is in hexadecimal. It also displays a SD keyY that matches it for the first part.

The reason I bring this up is because I seen this Friendcode seed value in the last row of the localfriendcodeseed_b file and in the movable.sed that matches this localfriendcodeseed_b file.
Can I conclude from this that this is my original localfriendcodeseed_b file?
Where is gm9 getting this Friendcode seed value that is in hexadecimal?

yobz

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Good morning, I have an Old 3ds with version 2.1.0-4U and I plan to use the SoundHax method.

My question is. What firmware should I choose on the SounHax page, the one that says [1.X - 2.1] or [2.1 - 2.2]?

And another question, I have a memory of 8gb with Fat32 and I need to know.
What type of cluster should I assign to it?

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My question is. What firmware should I choose on the SounHax page, the one that says [1.X - 2.1] or [2.1 - 2.2]?
Are you following this guide here? Well I'm not seeing it..
And another question, I have a memory of 8gb with Fat32 and I need to know.
What type of cluster should I assign to it?
FAT32 32KB cluster size. It's highly recommended to test the sdcard with h2testw to see if it's faulty or defective (it's in the guide), before continuing the cfw installation process.

MahoganyRaichu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
How to correctly install DLCs? I am trying to install DLC for FE Shadows of Valentia. After I try to search for DLCs I get a message that there is no downloadable content. Using EUR version and EUR DLC.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How to correctly install DLCs?
Either through FBI (cias that're saved on the system, or downloading them with QR codes..), or installing cias in GodMode9.
I am trying to install DLC for FE Shadows of Valentia. After I try to search for DLCs I get a message that there is no downloadable content.
Search where? On the eShop, or some (Warez) rom site?
Using EUR version and EUR DLC.
So you already have both the game and its dlc, and why you're searching for it, exactly?

EvtL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, my 3DS is soft bricked. I modded my old 3DS till eventually I booted up the 3DS's GBA mode one day and then when it loads into the 3DS home menu, it doesn't work, it would show just black and the Rosalina menu, Luma and godemode9 would work, I tried every solution I could find, I didn't care about all my files going missing so when I found a guide that explained how to recover a 3DS when every single file was gone, I figured I could just delete a lot and start from scratch because at least then I wouldn't be looking for what the problem is, and instead taking a different approach. That didn't work out so well, and at this point I've tried everything I could from research, I loaded up saftB9SInstaller several times and many times it didn't work but eventually I fixed that part, I got CTR transfer and used it several times, doesn't work. When it could still load the Rosalia menu I put in the combinations for the 3DS's safe mode and let the normal software update, it actually showed something boot that was from Nintendo for a bit, but the update didn't work. One person has said to mount the CTR transfer tool and copy the files in it to 1: sysnand CTRNAND, that at least fixed the fact that almost all the files from there were gone. I know should be able to recover my 3DS, I still have perfectly saved files of my Movable.SEd, SecureInfo_A and LocalFriendCodeSeed_B. So from what I understand as long as I have those, it's still possible to fix it. I also heard that selecting Godmode9's "fix CMACs for drive" option can likely fix a problem, that didn't work as well. As of right now, if I let the 3DS boot into it's native menu, it will show:

"An Exception occurred
processor: Arm9
Exception type: data abort"

And then a lot of what looks like Hex code. That error was supposed to be fixed by at least something I had done so far according to a few guides I followed.
If anyone can help me recover my 3DS's ability open the home menu I would deeply appreciate it.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, my 3DS is soft bricked. I modded my old 3DS till eventually I booted up the 3DS's GBA mode one day and then when it loads into the 3DS home menu, it doesn't work, it would show just black and the Rosalina menu, Luma and godemode9 would work, I tried every solution I could find, I didn't care about all my files going missing so when I found a guide that explained how to recover a 3DS when every single file was gone, I figured I could just delete a lot and start from scratch because at least then I wouldn't be looking for what the problem is, and instead taking a different approach. That didn't work out so well, and at this point I've tried everything I could from research, I loaded up saftB9SInstaller several times and many times it didn't work but eventually I fixed that part, I got CTR transfer and used it several times, doesn't work. When it could still load the Rosalia menu I put in the combinations for the 3DS's safe mode and let the normal software update, it actually showed something boot that was from Nintendo for a bit, but the update didn't work. One person has said to mount the CTR transfer tool and copy the files in it to 1: sysnand CTRNAND, that at least fixed the fact that almost all the files from there were gone. I know should be able to recover my 3DS, I still have perfectly saved files of my Movable.SEd, SecureInfo_A and LocalFriendCodeSeed_B. So from what I understand as long as I have those, it's still possible to fix it. I also heard that selecting Godmode9's "fix CMACs for drive" option can likely fix a problem, that didn't work as well. As of right now, if I let the 3DS boot into it's native menu, it will show:

"An Exception occurred
processor: Arm9
Exception type: data abort"

And then a lot of what looks like Hex code. That error was supposed to be fixed by at least something I had done so far according to a few guides I followed.
If anyone can help me recover my 3DS's ability open the home menu I would deeply appreciate it.
Oh boy.. Can you still access Luma3DS menu when holding "Select" on boot, and GodMode9 when holding "start" on boot (or Luma payloads)?
You should start by testing the sd card with h2testw, to check it's not faulty or defective.
Copy and paste all the files that're on the sd card to your pc before doing the test.
Format it before and after you do the test.
Put the Luma3DS and GodMode9 files from here on your sd card, then plug it in the 3DS and boot it. Click on "Show nand string.." and press start.
If it shows a Arm11 error instead of booting into the home menu, tell me.

EvtL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can open up Luma and GodMode9. The testing software you gave me is taking quite an amount of time. In the mean time I boot it up with a different SD card and clicked on show nand string, and it didn't help. I'll check with the tested SD card when it's done. Also if I turn on my 3DS without an SD card, a white light appears on the power indicator like for street pass, but white, and then it shuts down on it's own with nothing showing within seconds.

EvtL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I couldn't get Luma and Godmode 9 to work the way you said, it would just boot to nothing and a white light then turn off. I took another SD card and copied the files of an older guide that had it all in the right places for me, I think that was by that didn't work. I can still load up godmode 9 and Luma but nothing works. It's still an arm9 error.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can open up Luma and GodMode9.
You can?
The testing software you gave me is taking quite an amount of time.
So what's the result now that's done?
Also if I turn on my 3DS without an SD card, a white light appears on the power indicator like for street pass, but white,
Not sure what's that about.
I couldn't get Luma and Godmode 9 to work the way you said,
You can't now?
I took another SD card and copied the files of an older guide that had it all in the right places for me.
What about the sd card that you tested, what was the result??
I can still load up godmode 9 and Luma but nothing works.
You can now??? 🤨
It's still an arm9 error.
So, now you got white light thing and an Arm9 error, right? Unlike last time (no Arm9)?
Arm9 is a separate problem. Now you need to make sure the sd card you're using is reliable, and that's what the test is for, before going forward fixing the Arm9 issue..

Last edited by CoolMe,

EvtL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what's the result now that's done?
No errors in the SD card
Both SD cards have the same results
If and only if I used the old files I had before formating them, does Luma and godmode9 work, it works every time with those files.
I never had an arm11 error, so far my results if I boot it with an SD card as long as it has the old files, it makes an arm9 error

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No errors in the SD card
Both SD cards have the same results
Ok. You format the one you wish to use as Fat32 32kb cluster size, and put the Luma3DS and GodMode9 files from here ln your sd card.
I never had an arm11 error,
Sorry, i meant Arm9 error.
so far my results if I boot it with an SD card as long as it has the old files, it makes an arm9 error
You should do a CTRTransfer, follow the steps carefully as it shows here and do not skip any step. If you need help just ask.

EvtL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On the selection of CTRtransfer files to use, I'd use an old 3ds USA version, but I can't get the link to work or download it, but I already have a copy of it, but it's shown as 11.5.0-38U_ctrtransfer_o3ds, not 11.15.0, I hope that isn't a problem

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

EvtL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't get why, but none of the links being provided starts a download or anything. I used what I have and followed the instructions on the website suggested, and still there is a arm9 error. At this point, I'm loosing hope and this thing can only really be a glorified GBA because that firmware works somehow.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: you can't turn link into a femboy in tears of the kingdom