• Replies 53,768
  • Likes 43

Maximumbeans

3DS is love, 3DS is life
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm hearing that the Luma Updater is outdated now, if so, is there another updater? Or am I installing new Luma versions manually? (which I was doing anyway...)
Check out the first reply to this thread: https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-update-luma.530190/

But yes you're correct, Luma Updater is no longer supported. If in doubt, follow The Holy Guide.

EDIT: Ninja'd. Forgot about UU!

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm hearing that the Luma Updater is outdated now, if so, is there another updater? Or am I installing new Luma versions manually? (which I was doing anyway...)
Yeah it is. You can replace the Boot.firm file on the root of the sdcard manually with the new one, or just update it through Universal-Updater.
Edit : didn't see the 2 replies above.. 😅

binarycat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you generate a cia with godmode9 thru the title manager, it gives the cia a very nice filename, but if you do the same with a game cartrage, you just get a file named after the title id, which is usually just a big long number, making it very unclear what game the file actually contains. is there a way to get the nice name for the .cia without installing the game onto the system first?

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you generate a cia with godmode9 thru the title manager, it gives the cia a very nice filename, but if you do the same with a game cartrage, you just get a file named after the title id, which is usually just a big long number, making it very unclear what game the file actually contains. is there a way to get the nice name for the .cia without installing the game onto the system first?
Well, can't you edit the name manually after it's done to whatever name you want?
If it's not done automatically in GodMode9 then it's probably not possible..

Akuma-Oni123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi again everyone. I am still working out the problem I have of distinguishing between two localfriendcodeseed_b files and think I found something that will tell me which is mine.
In this forum: https://gbatemp.net/threads/all-3-methods-to-get-unbanned-from-recent-ban-wave.450679/
Under: Method 2 for 002 ban, Steps, 4) it says:
4)Then open local friend code seed B then press CTRL + A and paste the code from movable seed. ( it should be different)(If it is not that means you did a sysformat that changed your movable sed to be the same as local freind code seed b) (This can be fixed by trying to install old nand backups and see if you get a movable seed that is diffrent to your local freind code seed b)

I concluded from this that the movable.sed file contains my original localfriendcodeseed_b. Looking at the hex of the movable.sed, it matches the hex contained in one of the localfriendcodeseed_b files.

Now the question I have is nothing besides a system transfer could have edited the movable.sed file, right?
I never performed a system transfer from another system to this 3ds, but I did have my NNID account unlinked in the past so that I could link it to this system.

Durofoam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to use godmode9 to move files from an SD card to the system memory, and then after I switch the SD cards move the files back onto the new SD card?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to use godmode9 to move files from an SD card to the system memory, and then after I switch the SD cards move the files back onto the new SD card?
possibly to the rw folder of ctrnand. that's where the luma folder is along with godmode iirc. I think it has write privileges or it must anyway. there's not much space on the ctrnand though, so don't expect the whole card or anything, but a couple of files should be okay.

Reactions: Durofoam

Durofoam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
possibly to the rw folder of ctrnand. that's where the luma folder is along with godmode iirc. I think it has write privileges or it must anyway. there's not much space on the ctrnand though, so don't expect the whole card or anything, but a couple of files should be okay.
Alright thanks!

Reactions: godreborn

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@Durofoam On new series consoles you can create a bonus drive of some hundred MB on NAND.
RAM drive is an option too -- if you don't turn the console off (GodMode9 can safely dismount SD and mount another one).

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess it's a bit like rednand and emunand where one of them is only the part of the nand that's being used while the other is the whole nand, free space and all. iirc, I think the n3ds xl has about 700MBs of free nand, not sure about the o3ds, because I could've sworn the nand used to be 1.9GBs while now it's only 1.2.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb