• Replies 53,768
  • Likes 43

Yes0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
For an installed cia? Check in fbi under titles, click on Metal Gear Solid 3D and see what ver it says. Or are you talking about the VC releases of the original Metal Gear?
Yes, for an installed cia of metal gear solid 3D. Versions numbers in FBI are 0 (0.0.0.) for my games (MGS, Bravely Default, Ocarina of Time, Pilotwings) and apps like Checkpoint and Homebrew launcher have real numbers (3188 (3.7.4) and 1024 (1.0.0) respectively).

Owl Whiskey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all, I've been out of the loop for a good while and need a little help updating two 3DSes to the latest firmware, any help would be greatly appreciated.

So I've got 2 3DSes here, one (a New3DSXL) on version "Sys 11.14.0-46U", and the other (New3DS) on version "Ver. 11.14.0-46U". I don't recall how to check what version of Luna is installed on these 3DSes, but I know that when I try and update my LunaUpdater, it fails and closes the updater, then it restarts the 3DSXL. Both of the 3DSes should have B9S installed already, I just need help updating the System Firmware and Luna so that I can download the PokeTransfer thing from the eShop before that closes down.

Again, any help would be greatly appreciated! Back when the update for Luma first came out, a number of people were going back and forth between saying "Update Luma first or the 3DS will brick" and "Update the 3DS first, or else the Luma update will fail" and since I didn't understand, I never got around to updating these 3DSes past that point lol

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
don't recall how to check what version of Luna is installed on these 3DSes
Hold the "start" button on boot to access Luma3DS menu, and the version should be displayed there.
, but I know that when I try and update my LunaUpdater, it fails and closes the updater, then it restarts the 3DSXL.
Luma3DSUpdater is dead. Use Universal Updater, just scan the QR code in fbi under remote installation. Once it installed, run it and search for Luma3DS, download it and it should update it by itself. Boot into Luma3DS by holding select, and you'll see that it's updated to the latest version.
I just need help updating the System Firmware and Luna
Update Luma first so you won't get any errors booting into the home menu. When you do that, go to the system settings and update the firmware.
Back when the update for Luma first came out, a number of people were going back and forth between saying "Update Luma first or the 3DS will brick" and "Update the 3DS first, or else the Luma update will fail"
It won't brick your system if you update it before Luma3DS btw, you just get an error, and you fix it by changing the Luma3DS file with the latest, that's it.

Reactions: Owl Whiskey

Owl Whiskey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you so incredibly much for laying it out in such understandable terms lol ^_^. So all I have to do is install Universal Updater, then go to the Luma3DS icon, and select "boot.firm" (there's an 'hourly boot.firm', but I assume the regular 'boot.firm' is likely more stable), and once it finishes updating, I can go straight to Options and update my System Firmware? And Thank you again lol

Reactions: CoolMe

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you so incredibly much for laying it out in such understandable terms lol ^_^. So all I have to do is install Universal Updater, then go to the Luma3DS icon, and select "boot.firm" (there's an 'hourly boot.firm', but I assume the regular 'boot.firm' is likely more stable), and once it finishes updating, I can go straight to Options and update my System Firmware? And Thank you again lol
That's correct. And when you download Luma3DS, reboot the console it'll show Luma3DS menu, click on "Show user nand strings.. " and press start to boot into the home menu. Then update the system.

Owl Whiskey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's correct. And when you download Luma3DS, reboot the console it'll show Luma3DS menu, click on "Show user nand strings.. " and press start to boot into the home menu. Then update the system.
Thanks a ton man, both 3DSes are now updated and seem to be working perfectly, now to download Pokemon Bank lol

Teycorn44

Trophies
XP
Country
Angola
I homebrewed my new nintendo 3ds xl a while ago and everything was going fine for a while until the sd card stopped working in the ds. When I powered it on it said "Failed to mount sd and ctrnand''. Ive left it ever since. I have just recently replaced my sd card and i didn't have any back up of anything on it so i lost the 3ds file that you normally automatically get. Ive redownloaded all of the godmode9 homebrew files etc and put them on the new sd card. I put the sd card in my 3ds then held down the power button and start button to get up the godmode9 configuration screen thingy but it didnt work. It still comes up with the "Failed to mount sd and ctrnand'' error message. How can this resolve this issue without having to replace my entire console. I would very much appreciate any sort of help!!

Attachments

• IMG_20220622_231933.jpg
    IMG_20220622_231933.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 26

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I homebrewed my new nintendo 3ds xl a while ago and everything was going fine for a while until the sd card stopped working in the ds. When I powered it on it said "Failed to mount sd and ctrnand''. Ive left it ever since. I have just recently replaced my sd card and i didn't have any back up of anything on it so i lost the 3ds file that you normally automatically get. Ive redownloaded all of the godmode9 homebrew files etc and put them on the new sd card. I put the sd card in my 3ds then held down the power button and start button to get up the godmode9 configuration screen thingy but it didnt work. It still comes up with the "Failed to mount sd and ctrnand'' error message. How can this resolve this issue without having to replace my entire console. I would very much appreciate any sort of help!!
Copy and paste everything from the sd card to your pc with Roadkill's unstoppable Copier, then format it as Fat32 and test it with h2testw with (write+read setting) to check if it's faulty.
If it doesn't pass the test, then it's faulty and you need a new replacement sd card.
If it does pass the test, then it's fine. Report back here so i can tell you what to do next.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't make Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate boot for nothing...
Already followed this method and still does'nt work
MH4U is an extended memory game. Was your system region changed? If so, the game wouldn't work until you format the system.
Also do you have an old 3ds or "new" 3DS?

ciupaboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi guys I keep reporting the error arm11 data abort transition, already tried luma 10.2.1 and it works but stops at homebrew launcher. I think the probler is both files boot.3ds and boot.firm of Luma, even tried Luma 11 but report the error as above.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys I keep reporting the error arm11 data abort transition, already tried luma 10.2.1 and it works but stops at homebrew launcher. I think the probler is both files boot.3ds and boot.firm of Luma, even tried Luma 11 but report the error as above.
You keep encountering Arm11 errors? Does it happen randomly? Like in-game, in the home menu etc.?
It could be your sd card. You should test your sd card with h2testw (with the write & read setting) to check if it's faulty or defective. Backup your data before doing so.
Format it as FAT32 32kb clusters before and after the test.

ciupaboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You keep encountering Arm11 errors? Does it happen randomly? Like in-game, in the home menu etc.?
It could be your sd card. You should test your sd card with h2testw (with the write & read setting) to check if it's faulty or defective. Backup your data before doing so.
Format it as FAT32 32kb clusters before and after the test.
I'm trying to hack the 3ds, STUCK ON STEP III of 3ds hacks guide, error keeps happen after rosalina menù “Switch the hb. title to the current app.”

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to hack the 3ds, STUCK ON STEP III of 3ds hacks guide, error keeps happen after rosalina menù “Switch the hb. title to the current app.”
You should've said so in your 1st reply..
Anyway, was your sd card tested (it's in the guide..) or did you skip that step?
You were on this page? Section III Homebrew Launcher - Select “Switch the hb. title to the current app."?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.