• Replies 53,775
  • Likes 43

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then I'm not quite sure what I've done because the 'Nintendo 3DS' folder in the root of my SD card is around 18GB :huh:
Even with this, there's enough spare room on the SD to create the necessary temporary files to copy stuff off, so I don't really understand where the issue with it all is.
Thank you for the suggestion, I'll check it out if I can't resolve what's going on at the source.

From what you said where you copying to does it have enough space? If you copying 18GB of data you need 18GB of space on destination.

Reactions: CoolMe

Maximumbeans

3DS is love, 3DS is life
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
From what you said where you copying to does it have enough space? If you copying 18GB of data you need 18GB of space on destination.
Oh dear lord...I've been overestimating my SSD.
It only has 17GB free :glare::glare::glare: well, mystery solved. Looks like I really need to do some spring cleaning on my laptop. What a moron!

Thank you for helping me arrive to the simple conclusion I should've checked first :rofl2:

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then I'm not quite sure what I've done because the 'Nintendo 3DS' folder in the root of my SD card is around 18GB :huh:
Ok.
Even with this, there's enough spare room on the SD to create the necessary temporary files to copy stuff off, so I don't really understand where the issue with it all is.
There should be atleast 18 GB free on your SSD, and not on the SD card, since you are going to copy the folder to your SSD and not the sd card.

Maximumbeans

3DS is love, 3DS is life
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Oh be nice, I’m still figuring stuff out!
There should be atleast 18 GB free on your SSD, and not on the SD card, since you are going to copy the folder to your SSD and not the sd card.
Yes I understand that, it’s all good now. I thought the issue was with space to make the temporary files on the card but I was of course mistaken. No harm done.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does anyone e.se have issues with luma gx 11.0? I tried it earlier today, and although it said "success" on the screen, ntr was not running. x+y didn't work, nor did kit-kat slim, so I downgraded back to 10.3.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
btw, that's a heads up. luma was updated to 11.0 on the 4th. it has some nice additions like automatically updating the ctrnand to that version when updating. easiest way to install is universal updater. I like ntr for showing the 3ds screens on my laptop, but, unfortunately, something is broken with the 11.0 version. :(

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
compiled the new luma. :P btw, the homebrew channel, boot.3dsx, was also updated. it won't be updated with luma in universal updater afaik, so it has to be added manually. remember to redo rosalina's hb patch over the default app you wish, since updating luma.

1654632426065.png

KarlaY64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Can i ask anything about an ARM11 error here?
I know it's asked frequently but i tried reading some previous posts and replies for solutions but nothing worked

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can i ask anything about an ARM11 error here?
I know it's asked frequently but i tried reading some previous posts and replies for solutions but nothing worked
Start with the when and where it occurs, how many times it happens, and does it seem to appear randomly (in-game, in the home menu, system settings, inside other homebrew apps etc.)?

KarlaY64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Start with the when and where it occurs, how many times it happens, and does it seem to appear randomly (in-game, in the home menu, system settings, inside other homebrew apps etc.)?
The error only happens on a game named "Dillon's dead-heat breakers"
I made alot of progress and everything worked fine, but when i got that error i got stuck
Each time i got to a certain part of the game the error appears, i tried restarting and it was still there, it happens always

Things i tried:
Importing seed
Use H2testw to check if the SD card was faulty
Changing the game region and the locale directory with Lumalocale
Installing a different region of the game (I was using the US version and switched to the EUR version but the error was still there)
Installing the latest luma version
Fix CMAC on GM9

I don't know if I'm doing something wrong but nothing made the error go away whatsoever

I'm using an OLD 3ds XL US region

Attachments

• cr.mp4
    1.7 MB

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What EXACTLY did you do? h2testw is only useful if you copy everything off the card and then use it on the empty card.

Also, did you download this game from the eShop or are you using a version downloaded from some random Internet site?

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The error only happens on a game named "Dillon's dead-heat breakers"
I made alot of progress and everything worked fine, but when i got that error i got stuck
Each time i got to a certain part of the game the error appears, i tried restarting and it was still there, it happens always

Things i tried:
Importing seed
Changing the game region and the locale directory with Lumalocale
Installing a different region of the game (I was using the US version and switched to the EUR version but the error was still there)
Installing the latest luma version
Fix CMAC on GM9

I don't know if I'm doing something wrong but nothing made the error go away whatsoever

I'm using an OLD 3ds XL US region
Are you using cheats?
Is the save modded in some way?
Was your 3DS region changed to a different region?
You can try dumping the installed game in GodMode9 then verifying the hash.. If it's incomplete then it's the installed that's causing the problem.. If not, then something in the system isn't right..

KarlaY64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Are you using cheats?
Is the save modded in some way?
Was your 3DS region changed to a different region?
You can try dumping the installed game in GodMode9 then verifying the hash.. If it's incomplete then it's the installed that's causing the problem.. If not, then something in the system isn't right..
Nope i havent used any cheats or mods at all, i played it normally
I didn't know how to exactly do that so no i didn't
I alredy did and it came out normally and no errors ocurred, but what do you mean by Veryfing the hash?

KarlaY64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
What EXACTLY did you do? h2testw is only useful if you copy everything off the card and then use it on the empty card.

Also, did you download this game from the eShop or are you using a version downloaded from some random Internet site?
I just inserted the card and then i just let it verify it, maybe i didn't used it correctly

I downloaded the US version on *snip* and the EUR on a site, both with the same error happening

Last edited by porkiewpyne,

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just inserted the card and then i just let it verify it, maybe i didn't used it correctly
That's right, you didn't. h2testw is only useful on empty space. You need to copy everything off the card and format the card before h2testw is useful.

I suggest using Roadkil's Unstoppable Copier to copy the data to avoid any surprises.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do i have to format my SD card after i have copied everything?
Yes, preferably. Format it after you double check that everything was copied safely to your pc, and comparing the size of both..
Then test the sdcard with h2testw, make sure it's set to check both "read & write"..
If it passes the test, format it again as Fat32 32kb cluster size and copy the files back to it.
If it doesn't pass the test, then it's indeed faulty/defective and you need to get a new one, and doing the exact same thing again with the new sd card before putting any of your files in it.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope i havent used any cheats or mods at all, i played it normally
I didn't know how to exactly do that so no i didn't
Ok.
I alredy did and it came out normally and no errors ocurred, but what do you mean by Veryfing the hash?
So you dumped that game from your own cartridge with GodMode9, right? Could be that your cart is corrupted and so is the dump (cia) you installed, and that's why it's giving you errors.
Though let's put this on hold for now, until you test the sdcard properly to make sure it's not the one that's faulty.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
    +1
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ddddddddddddddddddddddd
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my fingie hurt
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Why?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    hangnail thing I think
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ... that's rough buddy
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    peepee
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Roll them little snake eyes in
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :wacko: rolling?
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    make up his mind dude
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Go gay there I made up his mind