• Replies 53,775
  • Likes 43

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, i need some informations about the luma3DS. I did it like 2 years ago and since then i never played my 2DS again (what a shame i know haha).

So i have some questions :

- I have an update of my 2DS when i turn it on, can i do it ? Or i have to update luma3DS as i have seen other posts ?

- I download my games on free e-shop is it still good ?

Thanks for your help guys

If you did the CFW setup two year ago, most likely you are on A9LH, hold select while powering on the 2DS it will tell you what Luma3DS version it is on, if it 7.0.5 or lower then you are on A9LH. You should do the update to B9S, and use Luma3DS 9.1. In term of Freeshop it no longer work but game you installed previously work fine, for other games you want to install you need to look for cia format online.

https://3ds.hacks.guide/a9lh-to-b9s

Reactions: James05

James05

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks for the quick reply ! Well I cant manage to see the version when I hold select during the powering do you know and other mehtod ?
So now every games you have to download the CIA file ? Same for Rom for NDS ?
I have a few games from Visual game advance still working now ?

Thanks again !

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Thanks for the quick reply ! Well I cant manage to see the version when I hold select during the powering do you know and other mehtod ?
So now every games you have to download the CIA file ? Same for Rom for NDS ?
I have a few games from Visual game advance still working now ?

Thanks again !
I believe that Luma3DS automatically boots into its configuration menu if it finds no existing config files. Try temporarily moving those elsewhere, Luma3DS' menu should come up on boot.

As for games, yeah, pretty much. freeShop used to get the files from Nintendo's own CDN, but if you can't do that, you're left with only the normal method, which is to manually get CIAs and install titles yourself.

LowEndC

ǝɹıℲ ɥʇıM ǝɹıℲ ʇɥƃıℲ
Trophies
XP
Country
Niger
hello,
i have a 256 gb micro sdxc card.
i tried to format it with guiformat and it formats it to fat32 but no matter what, every time i try to chose 64kb cluster size, it will only do 32kb. ( i think, keep reading)
i also tried it on my 128gb sdxc card.
i select my drive with my sd.
i choose 65536 for 64kb allocation size, then start format with the quick format box checked
it says succesful but the allocation size flips back to 32768 (32kb)
is my card in fat32 64kb? because the program is confusing me at this point.
i checked disk management and its in fat32, just no info on cluster size,
any advice?
both are in MBR format.
256gb pny elite micro sdxc I u1
128gb samsung evo select micro sdxc I u3
thank you.

Last edited by LowEndC,

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hello,
i have a 256 gb micro sdxc card.
i tried to format it with guiformat and it formats it to fat32 but no matter what, every time i try to chose 64kb cluster size, it will only do 32kb. ( i think, keep reading)
i also tried it on my 128gb sdxc card.
i select my drive with my sd.
i choose 65536 for 64kb allocation size, then start format with the quick format box checked
it says succesful but the allocation size flips back to 32768 (32kb)
is my card in fat32 64kb? because the program is confusing me at this point.
i checked disk management and its in fat32, just no info on cluster size,
any advice?
thank you.
Thats the normal format system isnt it? Try using Guiformat and seeing if it allows you to use the size amount your after

LowEndC

ǝɹıℲ ɥʇıM ǝɹıℲ ʇɥƃıℲ
Trophies
XP
Country
Niger
I believe that Luma3DS automatically boots into its configuration menu if it finds no existing config files. Try temporarily moving those elsewhere, Luma3DS' menu should come up on boot.

As for games, yeah, pretty much. freeShop used to get the files from Nintendo's own CDN, but if you can't do that, you're left with only the normal method, which is to manually get CIAs and install titles yourself.

could you clarify something for me,
with luma cfw, do you mean the system should boot into luma configuration if theres no sd card in? or only when you hold select on boot?
just want to make sure, im new to cfw scene on nintendo products.
when i boot up without sd card it boots to main 3ds menu, but if i hold select it boots into luma config without sd card,
this is correct right?

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
could you clarify something for me,
with luma cfw, do you mean the system should boot into luma configuration if theres no sd card in? or only when you hold select on boot?
just want to make sure, im new to cfw scene on nintendo products.
when i boot up without sd card it boots to main 3ds menu, but if i hold select it boots into luma config without sd card,
this is correct right?
Only when you hold select upon start. With boot.firm on ctrnand the console will boot normally simply without a sd card

Reactions: LowEndC

TheBassQuake

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.
Hopefully someone can guide me on this :

I sucssessfully followed this guide for putting FBI etc onto a newer 3DS XL handheld :
Code:
3ds.hacks.guide/flashing-ntrboot-(3ds-single-system)
(But didn't follow the optional guide of removing ntrboot from the flashcard as didn't see the need at the time...).

I now have another 3DS XL (Old style this time) and want to install FBI again, but at the moment the flashcard is unreadable by the unit due to me not following that removal guide.
As that micro sd card that was in the flashcard has been now used elsewhere (with all the files removed), I'm now not sure what to put on a new micro sd card in order to now remove ntrboot from the flashcard.
I tried putting some of the files mentioned in the guide on there, but it still won't get recognised as being inserted, so hoping someone can guide me into exactly what I need to put on the micro sd card in order to follow that removal guide properly.
There is also a new sd card inside the 3DS which was blanked prior to me receiving it.

Thanks.
PS - Flashcard is an R4 SDHC Dual-Core (Not Lite).

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@LowEndC, since I can't post this image in private message, a better way of checking the cluster size is to use MiniTool Partition Wizard (free edition). Right click on the drive's blue bar, open Properties, and look under File System Info.

MiniTool - cluster size.png

Reactions: LowEndC

Tybalt1212

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've had my 3ds for ages and I've just discovered a problem.

I have an app (is that the proper term?) that lets me launch an original r4ds. I've just found out that cheats aren't working within the Wood Menu and I'm guessing the first step is to reinstall/update the "app" that lets me launch the flashcart, but I have no idea what it's called.

Can anyone help?

LowEndC

ǝɹıℲ ɥʇıM ǝɹıℲ ʇɥƃıℲ
Trophies
XP
Country
Niger
@LowEndC, since I can't post this image in private message, a better way of checking the cluster size is to use MiniTool Partition Wizard (free edition). Right click on the drive's blue bar, open Properties, and look under File System Info.

i thought my 128 would be fast, being a u3
i dont notice lag in games, but i notice a lag in boot time, when using fbi to install a cia, it takes almost 20 seconds to start installing.
i dont notice any vc glitches.
64kb should fix it. it takes for ever to transfer 25gb of small files lol.
thanks for the info

Alacres

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just started using my new 3ds again recently (after not playing it for about a month) and it's asking me to update. Is it safe to do that, or should I hold off? I'm on 11.8 0-41U right now, and I've got Luma and all that on it.

Thanks for the info!

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just started using my new 3ds again recently (after not playing it for about a month) and it's asking me to update. Is it safe to do that, or should I hold off? I'm on 11.8 0-41U right now, and I've got Luma and all that on it.

Thanks for the info!
you will want to grab the 9.1 luma first before updating. once that files in place you are good to go with it.

Reactions: Alacres and LowEndC

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Why i cant install dsi games anymore ?games install fine previously but now all failed..thanks..
Maybe your NAND partition for DSiWare is full. Use Data Management inside System Settings to move some games to the SD card.
----
Do the installed titles still work? If not try a DS cartridge or if you have non at hand start the DS version of Download Play. In case you can't use any DS software try repairing TWL_FIRM:
https://3ds.hacks.guide/troubleshooting#dsi--ds-functionality-is-broken-after-completing-the-guide

Last edited by KleinesSinchen,
Reactions: Maxkhoon

Maxkhoon

Trophies
XP
Country
Palau
Maybe your NAND partition for DSiWare is full. Use Data Management inside System Settings to move some games to the SD card.
----
Do the installed titles still work? If not try a DS cartridge or if you have non at hand start the DS version of Download Play. In case you can't use any DS software try repairing TWL_FIRM:
https://3ds.hacks.guide/troubleshooting#dsi--ds-functionality-is-broken-after-completing-the-guide
thanks! indeed my nand is full.. but games "copy" to sd means I cant play it again right? My r4 works fine ds games no issue, all previous dsi title works too.. any method to have dsiware games installed on microsd ? my only option is too remove some games? thanks again!

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
thanks! indeed my nand is full.. but games "copy" to sd means I cant play it again right? My r4 works fine ds games no issue, all previous dsi title works too.. any method to have dsiware games installed on microsd ? my only option is too remove some games? thanks again!
Does not look good on the 2/3DS at the moment. TWiLight Menu++ will not do it either. See here. Seems the only options is to move DSiWare between NAND and SD as needed.

Not being able to start DSiWare from SD is a stupid limitation given that [2:] SYSNAND TWLN is less than 150MB. The Wii has the possibility to start WiiWare from SD (with some delay because the game is copied to the NAND on the fly).

Last edited by KleinesSinchen,
Reactions: Maxkhoon

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQxCU5X7eB4