• Views 4,457,254
  • Replies 53,770
  • Likes 43

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an N3DS with A9LH and Luma installed, but currently no EmuNAND. I am trying to create EmuNAND in EmuNAND9, but not sure if I made right menu selection... I chose "SD Format Options", then default EmuNAND... was that correct? I did NOT chose "Complete EmuNAND Setup". Did I make right choice? Thoughts and help GREATLY appreciated :)
No, you needed to choose Complete EmuNAND Setup/Complete RedNAND Setup. The difference is that RedNAND is slightly smaller than EmuNAND. SD Format Options just formats your SD card.

Skeet1983

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, you needed to choose Complete EmuNAND Setup/Complete RedNAND Setup. The difference is that RedNAND is slightly smaller than EmuNAND. SD Format Options just formats your SD card.

Ok, well crap... Can you walk me through trying this again? What steps do I need to do? If I back up my N3DS mSD card and then copy everything back over after, will that be ok? I don't need to backup NAND and inject it later or anything? Really would appreciate help before going further...

Last edited by Skeet1983,

scarecrow001

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys, first time cfw installer here. Just installed al9h on my n3dsxl, had hbloader and all running fine. Turned it on this morning, and the home screen menu is missing FBI, hbl and Luma options, and all my 3DS content is now missing. It loads to that with the SD card inserted, but if I turn it on without the SD card, it stays black with no power LED, and if I remove the SD card while it's turned on it goes back to the Nintendo menu.
Any idea what's going on and how it can be fixed?
Edit: followed the 3DS guide here https://3ds.guide/get-started-(new-3ds)

Last edited by scarecrow001,

Posghetti

Un-official ReVeluv Leader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, first time cfw installer here. Just installed al9h on my n3dsxl, had hbloader and all running fine. Turned it on this morning, and the home screen menu is missing FBI, hbl and Luma options, and all my 3DS content is now missing. It loads to that with the SD card inserted, but if I turn it on without the SD card, it stays black with no power LED, and if I remove the SD card while it's turned on it goes back to the Nintendo menu.
Any idea what's going on and how it can be fixed?
Edit: followed the 3DS guide here https://3ds.guide/get-started-(new-3ds)

You realize you need your SD Card in the whole time for any of these to function? (HBL Launcher, FBI, 3DS content)
About your 3DS going into a black screen with no power LED (w/o the SD Card) does it turn on for a slight second and then die out? If so, then you never copied over "arm9loaderhax.bin" to CTR NAND when it was stated in the guide to do so towards the end.

gofox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using the old 3DS. It does not have a homebrew channel and is not hacked. It is version 4.5.0-10U

I got a cartridge Kirby Triple Deluxe today and it asks me to update to use the game.

A system update is required to use this software.
Update to Ver. 6.2.0-10U?

Pressing Cancel brings me back to the menu and does not boot the game.

Can I play the game without updating? I searched and found ways people block updates when connected to wifi but can't find threads about blocking cart updates similar to how installing the software Prilloader on Wii allows you to block online and disc updates.

Is there some software that has an option to block cart and online updates?

Posghetti

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using the old 3DS. It does not have a homebrew channel and is not hacked. It is version 4.5.0-10U

I got a cartridge Kirby Triple Deluxe today and it asks me to update to use the game.

Can I play the game without updating? I searched and found ways people block updates when connected to wifi but can't find threads about blocking cart updates similar to how installing the software Prilloader on Wii allows you to block online and disc updates.

No, because the minimum version required to play that game is 6.2.0. There's no way of getting out of that one, even if you were to block Ninty's servers.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia

Just follow 3ds.guide. Then your console will be completely modded and you'll be on the latest firmware.

Reactions: Posghetti

Eclipse_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK I have 2 problems:
1: Even after putting arm9loaderhax.bin into the CTRNAND, my 2ds does not boot without the SD card. When I turn it on, the power LED stays on, but the screen and yellow wifi LED do not turn on. Already tried updating arm9loaderhax.bin using the 3ds.guide but no luck.

2: The e-shop does not let me download anything for some reason. The "orbs" do not come, only the bag character peeks out from the game.

Please let me know if there are fixes for these.

EDIT: Nevermind for number 2! After about 10 minutes of being on the download screen, it started to download.

Last edited by Eclipse_,

gofox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pardon my ignorance, but on my hacked Wii, I was getting prompted to install updates when I loaded certain games from disc. After ticking the option in Priiloader, I can boot the game and have no issues when playing.

Are you stating that updates on the 3DS have necessary components but that is not so on the Wii?

Posghetti

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pardon my ignorance, but on my hacked Wii, I was getting prompted to install updates when I loaded certain games from disc. After ticking the option in Priiloader, I can boot the game and have no issues when playing.

Are you stating that updates on the 3DS have necessary components but that is not so on the Wii?

These are two different scenarios. One is updates for a game. The other is an OS update.
Every single 3DS game has a "minimum version" to which they have to be played on.

OK I have 2 problems:
1: Even after putting arm9loaderhax.bin into the CTRNAND, my 2ds does not boot without the SD card. When I turn it on, the power LED stays on, but the screen and yellow wifi LED do not turn on. Already tried updating arm9loaderhax.bin using the 3ds.guide but no luck.

2: The e-shop does not let me download anything for some reason. The "orbs" do not come, only the bag character peeks out from the game.

EDIT: Nevermind for number 2! After about 10 minutes of being on the download screen, it started to download.

Glad to hear that the eShop works at the very least.
That's a really weird issue you have there. Booting w/o the SD Card doesn't take you to Luma's configuration? (This happens the first time you put the .bin in CTR NAND) Try holding select manually.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
OK I have 2 problems:

Make sure you're not on emuNAND when you copy arm9loaderhax.bin to CTR-NAND. Hold Select on boot and make sure sysNAND is selected.

Reactions: Posghetti

Eclipse_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure you're not on emuNAND when you copy arm9loaderhax.bin to CTR-NAND. Hold Select on boot and make sure sysNAND is selected.

I boot into luma configuration, and have the x checked on Autoboot SysNAND, Use SysNAND FIRM if booting with R, and Show NAND or user string in System settings.

Kromlech

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is the current method for backup, transfer, and restoration of ALL tickets (for example, those left behind from a transfer, like from freeshop) from a source 3DS to a target 3DS?
If it helps:
Source 3DS is A9LH O3DS, 11.2 U, with a 64gb micro SD card.
Target 3DS is A9LH N3DS, 11.2 U, with a 4gb micro SD card.

I'm assuming that once all tickets are restored on the target 3DS, the games and saves will appear and function properly by simply putting the 64gb SD into the N3DS. Is this correct?

Ricken

Searching for the air to breathe~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since we have Arm9 Kexploit, if Luma got an update and people happened to be on a Menuhax Firmware, wouldn't menuhax peasants be a thing again? (CFW Coldboot ala Menuhax, for those that don't remember that joke)

munchy_cool

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK I have 2 problems:

update your arm9loader hax ..make sure you use data_input_v4 file.

https://3ds.guide/updating-a9lh.html

Eclipse_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

DanBro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick (and possibly noobish) question: I am about to downgrade my 11.2 n3ds and am following Plailect's guide starting from "Decrypt9 (Homebrew launcher)". Is there a random brick chance doing the 2.1 ctrtransfer on n3ds?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.