• Likes 43

Tyron0o

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi,
I've been using Gateway now for about a year. Yesterday I updated it to 4.2. Now after updating I read a lot about how Bad the new Gateway firmware was and that you shouldn't use it.
Now I'm unsure if I should switch to a CFW (a9lh + Luma?) or stay at my current setting?
I saw that i can still use the GW card with Luma but does this even make sense?
Can I play old DS games on the other CFW?
If i should switch how can i revert from the GW Software?
I own both GW card (red+blue), Cubic Ninja and I have a NAND backup.

Thank you for your help :)

Fil o_O

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I saw that i can still use the GW card with Luma but does this even make sense?
No, unless you want to cheat in games.
I have the exact same setup as you and have gone through the steps in this tutorial step by step: https://plailect.github.io/Guide/get-started-(new-3ds-eur) . At one point you will be given the option to transfer your emuNAND that you have used with gateway to your newly setup A9LH + Luma3DS using Hourglass9. It will let you make a backup of your emuNAND, then inject that emuNAND into your FIRM Protected sysNAND and wipe the emuNAND partition off of your SD Card. Whatever comes next, I'm still figuring out myself. If you are very thorough and create multiple backups on various sd cards and Disks on your computer, the process should keep you busy for a while

edit: you didn't mention what kind of 3ds you own. The link I provided is for New3ds EUR

Last edited by Fil o_O,

Pokepicker

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I'm setting up a new N3DS XL and seem to be having a issue with getting emuNAND to work.
I formated my 64GB SD-card with Godmode9, then injected a 9.2 file with the Multi Emunand Tool for Windows. So, supposedly I should have an sysNAND 9.2, and a emuNAND 9.2.
Luma (6.6) only wants to boot me into sysNAND as far as I can tell. I have turned off the "Automatically boot sysnand setting", and tried switching between default emunand 1 and 2. Still, I only see Sys9.2 when going into settings.

Any ideas to what I'm doing wrong?

Fil o_O

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I moved my emuNAND using Hourglass9 and it will write the emuNAND directly to the sysNAND. So it will show sys xx.xx in settings. To the extend I understand this concept: it means your former sysNAND will after the arm9loaderhax process be hacked for good. Your sysNAND will be a CFW from that point on. https://plailect.github.io/Guide/installing-arm9loaderhax see Section IV in the guide

DarkCain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, I have made a mistake willing to update my gateway emunand to 11.2
I updates my 3DS instead from 4.2 to 11.2

I have an old 4.2 NAND.BIN I got when I first used gateway-3ds several years ago. I can't use gateway-3ds with this new version 11.2 so how can I restore my 4.2 firmware?

Audino

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello, I have a few questions regarding a firmware of what a N3DS in black would be on? I plan to buy one in December, will it be under 11.0? Is the dsiwaredowngrade simple owo

Sent from my SM-T230 using Tapatalk
The black friday 3ds is on 11.0

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

how do I get a console's serial code? the sticker in the back has been taken off ; running the latest A9LH Luma.
Either screw the back of the console open or look at the side of the box

Fil o_O

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi, I have made a mistake willing to update my gateway emunand to 11.2
I updates my 3DS instead from 4.2 to 11.2

I have an old 4.2 NAND.BIN I got when I first used gateway-3ds several years ago. I can't use gateway-3ds with this new version 11.2 so how can I restore my 4.2 firmware?

simple, you either obtain a second new3ds that is hacked already and downgrade your 11.2 n3ds with it or you perform a hardmod. though it might actually not be that simple. or buy a new one

Tyron0o

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thank you for your advice.
Im on the N3DS. But when I follow the steps on the guide I can't boot with the newly created SD-Card. I think I somehow have to get rid of the Gateway Firmware before I can flash a new CFW?

No, unless you want to cheat in games.
I have the exact same setup as you and have gone through the steps in this tutorial step by step: https://plailect.github.io/Guide/get-started-(new-3ds-eur) . At one point you will be given the option to transfer your emuNAND that you have used with gateway to your newly setup A9LH + Luma3DS using Hourglass9. It will let you make a backup of your emuNAND, then inject that emuNAND into your FIRM Protected sysNAND and wipe the emuNAND partition off of your SD Card. Whatever comes next, I'm still figuring out myself. If you are very thorough and create multiple backups on various sd cards and Disks on your computer, the process should keep you busy for a while

edit: you didn't mention what kind of 3ds you own. The link I provided is for New3ds EUR

Fil o_O

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you have a sd card that you have been using for gateway, then this means you have an emuNAND partitoin and those files: boot.3dsx Launcher.dat and gw_timemachine.3dsx . get rid of those, also delete the 3ds folder and start fresh by moving the contents of starter.zip on the sd card. Actually the way I did it was taking a vanilla sd card to set up arm9loaderhax + luma 3ds.
For setting up a9lh you neet to boot into the HBL from the sysNAND in order to actually install the Hax to the sysNAND.
Easiest way, a 16 GB sd card that you prepare as described in the tutorial.

Tyron0o

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I tried to boot with a newly prepared SD card, but i just get a bluescreen on Boot. I can only boot my 3DS right now with my Gateway setup otherwise it won't start.
If you have a sd card that you have been using for gateway, then this means you have an emuNAND partitoin and those files: boot.3dsx Launcher.dat and gw_timemachine.3dsx . get rid of those, also delete the 3ds folder and start fresh by moving the contents of starter.zip on the sd card. Actually the way I did it was taking a vanilla sd card to set up arm9loaderhax + luma 3ds.
For setting up a9lh you neet to boot into the HBL from the sysNAND in order to actually install the Hax to the sysNAND.
Easiest way, a 16 GB sd card that you prepare as described in the tutorial.

Fil o_O

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well a bluescreen on Boot indicates a Brick. Are you sure you have followed the guide correctly?

What entrypoint did you choose to enter HBL?

Last edited by Fil o_O,

Tyron0o

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It's not a brick because I can still boot my old GW setup. My problem is that I can't boot to sysnand because of the GW a9lh install, that triggers the emunand everytime I boot.
Well a bluescreen on Boot indicates a Brick. Are you sure you have followed the guide correctly?

Fil o_O

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You never mentioned you already had some kind of a9lh set up before. So I don't know anything about this particular situation...

Tyron0o

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yes I did, I said "Gateway 4.2" which is the a9lh update.
Still thank you for your help.
If anybody else has an idea I'd appreciate it.

Last edited by Tyron0o,

Fil o_O

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Last edited by Fil o_O,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, @Psionic Roshambo sorry but im not that used to listening to non game music +1