• Replies 53,769
  • Likes 43

greendayrulestce

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know Fire Emblem Fates has AP, not sure about Megaman.

Gotcha. I am sure it does. I hadn't messed with my 3DS in a while b/c I knew about AR but I'm unsure why they are listed as new templates? My understanding is that there hasn't been an upgrade for Sky3DS+ in terms of templates, just the on-board firmware.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Gotcha. I am sure it does. I hadn't messed with my 3DS in a while b/c I knew about AR but I'm unsure why they are listed as new templates? My understanding is that there hasn't been an upgrade for Sky3DS+ in terms of templates, just the on-board firmware.
Yeah that's right. It's the hardware that had to change in response to the AP. If you have managed to avoid updating your console, it could be a good time to go the a9lh route, so you can play these games :-)

Reactions: greendayrulestce

raylgo

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm following the a9lh guide by plailect and I need to do the dsiware downgrade for my n3ds using my already a9lh o3ds. I bought the legends of exidia (twice already since I screwed up the first time) and completed the system transfer over wireless but I didn't notice I erased the SD card data...

I'm doing the process a second time and I want to know at which part does it ask to delete the SD card data? I went all the way up to the blue transfer button without seeing it... I ended up with legends of exidia downloadable on the n3ds but with out the exploitable save...

I understood the process as
A. Inserting exploitable save data using the hacked 3ds
B. Transferring the entire system to the new 3ds
C. Opening the game and accessing the save data

Is there a step that needs to be watched for when I do wireless transfer? That copies everything that matters to the target 3ds right? No need to copy over files or transfer SD cards after the transfer?

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm following the a9lh guide by plailect and I need to do the dsiware downgrade for my n3ds using my already a9lh o3ds. I bought the legends of exidia (twice already since I screwed up the first time) and completed the system transfer over wireless but I didn't notice I erased the SD card data...

I'm doing the process a second time and I want to know at which part does it ask to delete the SD card data? I went all the way up to the blue transfer button without seeing it... I ended up with legends of exidia downloadable on the n3ds but with out the exploitable save...

I understood the process as
A. Inserting exploitable save data using the hacked 3ds
B. Transferring the entire system to the new 3ds
C. Opening the game and accessing the save data

Is there a step that needs to be watched for when I do wireless transfer? That copies everything that matters to the target 3ds right? No need to copy over files or transfer SD cards after the transfer?
When you preform system transfer, it copys the data already on the sd card to the new systems sd card. Whatever is on the CURRENT CARD IS ON THE NEW CARD. That is when the system formats and no data is found. I don't think you need a sd card since DSIWare is on the NAND so i assume the wireless tranfer would just copy to the new system NAND.

You make sure to check if the xploited save works before system transfer, then do it this time. remember ALL DATA ON THE SDCARD GETS TRANSFERED TO THE NEW SYSTEM SD CARD.

NintenDavid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I update to 4.x or 6.x then? By using a flashcart?
Use a game cart with that update. A Common game with 4.x is Angry Birds Trilogy (4.1E), as well as Luigi's Mansion 2 ( 4.5), and a really common game with 6.x is either Pokémon X or Y, which I think has 6.1E.

Last edited by NintenDavid,

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean i don't wanna use gateway anymore. I want to reutilize that emunand using reinand loaded with menuhax.
1) reinand is outdated by luma3ds
2) any emunand works, rednand is just preferred for storage and some other things that I don't really know about (someone else can correct me). There is a way to convert emunand into rednand if you really want to, but I think it involves formatting your sd card during the process.

xKaii

Trophies
XP
Country
no you can use it as-is most likely. also, you might want to consider moving over to a9lh one day.

Yeah, i know about a9lh. But i really like to have separate NANDs. If i mess with emunand i can just restore it easily.

well, thanks to you both. :)

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, i know about a9lh. But i really like to have separate NANDs. If i mess with emunand i can just restore it easily.

well, thanks to you both. :)
The point in a9lh is that you can just restore sysnand if you break it. You can also still use emunand with a9lh if you are still afraid of that.

Ricken

Searching for the air to breathe~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But i really like to have separate NANDs. If i mess with emunand i can just restore it easily.
You can have 2 Nands with A9LH. 8 is tops iirc
You can restore Nands to SysNand with relative ease using A9LH. Just boot Hourglass9 ala A9LH payload and restore a backup from there (The payload works even if your system is bricked)

Ninja'd :nayps3:

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can restore Nands to SysNand with relative ease using A9LH. Just boot Hourglass9 ala A9LH payload and restore a backup from there (The payload works even if your system is bricked)

Ninja'd :nayps3:
multiemunand has been a thing since palantinecfw (or whatever it was called). It just wasn't common knowledge iirc.

Reactions: Ricken

xKaii

Trophies
XP
Country
The point in a9lh is that you can just restore sysnand if you break it. You can also still use emunand with a9lh if you are still afraid of that.

wow, i didn't know that. Thanks for the info, maybe i'll be using a9lh soon.

Reactions: Ricken

pelago

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey I have several questions: :)

1. Is there any way to use Action Replay Codes in .cia installed games when you use Luma and A9LH?
2. I have hacked my Nintendo 2DS. I ordered a bigger SD Card now. How do I transfer everything? I mean the system, CFW, a9lh just everything? Do I have to redo all that stuff on my new sd card?
3. There are alot of homebrew applications. What do you guys use on your console which is useful?

Thanks. :)
2. You won't need to rehack the 2DS. Use a PC with an SD card reader adapter to copy everything from the old card onto the new.

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey I have several questions: :)

1. Is there any way to use Action Replay Codes in .cia installed games when you use Luma and A9LH?
2. I have hacked my Nintendo 2DS. I ordered a bigger SD Card now. How do I transfer everything? I mean the system, CFW, a9lh just everything? Do I have to redo all that stuff on my new sd card?
3. There are alot of homebrew applications. What do you guys use on your console which is useful?

Thanks. :)
1. If you are looking for cheats, check out NTR Cheat Plugin. Other options include to use save editors, if they are available for the game in question.
3. I really only use JK's Save Manager and 3DS Quick Shutdown, and I would say FBI, but that's more of an essential lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto