• Views 4,442,894
  • Replies 53,769
  • Likes 43

Stash23

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think there is, sorry :-( You could try formatting your console once more in the hope the encryption lines up again.
How about title directories? Do you happen to know a database for title directories?
EG: "Nintendo 3DS\daef03417d3a0d67e4128dbc9f4a1cb9\14cf01023010a55d30303030001b534d\title"
Do you happen to know which folder, within title, secures data for StreetPass Plaza?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
How about title directories? Do you happen to know a database for title directories?
EG: "Nintendo 3DS\daef03417d3a0d67e4128dbc9f4a1cb9\14cf01023010a55d30303030001b534d\title"
Do you happen to know which folder, within title, secures data for StreetPass Plaza?
Streetpass save data is stored on the NAND.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Any tool to read NAND's save data for importing or exporting?
GodMode9, I think maybe Decrypt9 can do things too. But if the 3DS is not reading the old folder, that means it hasn't got the old NAND on it, so you can't get the old Streetpass data now. However if you're just looking to backup the data you have now you'll be fine :-)

Stash23

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, the SD was the thing to get corrupted, the system's fine. A9LH + Luma was restored perfected fine. Imagine as if we had to install a new SD card -- that's how the system's treating this.

JulinkM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi ! I followed Plailect's guide here :
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

And once finished, I tried installing a game (Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon (US)) and it worked fine, so I immediately put my SD card back in my computer and transfer many .cia format games on it. Though now, when I try to install them, I have a "Cert signature or hash check failed" error at the end of the installation. My console is on CFW 11.0 E.
Can someone help me ?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,
I have a 2DS on 9.7.0-25E, I intend to follow Plailect's guide to hack it.

My understanding is that there is a small risk of soft brick, in which case to unbrick I will have to upgrade to latest official firmware (11.0.0-33)

I have the following DS flash card which works perfectly on 9.7.0, if the worst case happens and I have to upgrade to 11.0.0, will my DS flash card still work?
R4I3DSRTS__51965_zoom.jpg

Thanks

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Well, the SD was the thing to get corrupted, the system's fine. A9LH + Luma was restored perfected fine. Imagine as if we had to install a new SD card -- that's how the system's treating this.
If you haven't formatted the system then your console would be reading the data. Either there's something wrong with the data/SD card or you formatted your console at some point.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hello,
I have a 2DS on 9.7.0-25E, I intend to follow Plailect's guide to hack it.

My understanding is that there is a small risk of soft brick, in which case to unbrick I will have to upgrade to latest official firmware (11.0.0-33)

I have the following DS flash card which works perfectly on 9.7.0, if the worst case happens and I have to upgrade to 11.0.0, will my DS flash card still work?
R4I3DSRTS__51965_zoom.jpg

Thanks
Yes - the last wave of DS flashcart blocks occurred around 7.x. If it works on 9.7 it will work on 11.0.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hi ! I followed Plailect's guide here :
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

And once finished, I tried installing a game (Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon (US)) and it worked fine, so I immediately put my SD card back in my computer and transfer many .cia format games on it. Though now, when I try to install them, I have a "Cert signature or hash check failed" error at the end of the installation. My console is on CFW 11.0 E.
Can someone help me ?
Download them from another source or use freeShop. There's probably something wrong with the files.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes - the last wave of DS flashcart blocks occurred around 7.x. If it works on 9.7 it will work on 11.0.

Thank you Quantumcat.

One final question: Plailect's 9.2.0 Downgrade guide mentions that performing a system format can reduce chance of brick but doesn't explicitly state this as a step.

How strongly recommended is it to perform a system format first? I don't have ambassador status or DSiWare installed.

https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/9.2.0-Downgrade

Temarile

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ A9LH ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thank you Quantumcat.

One final question: Plailect's 9.2.0 Downgrade guide mentions that performing a system format can reduce chance of brick but doesn't explicitly state this as a step.

How strongly recommended is it to perform a system format first? I don't have ambassador status or DSiWare installed.

I did two without formatting, one o3ds and one n3ds. I did one with formatting, a o3ds. None of them soft bricked. If you don't have a lot of things installed, just backup your saves and format anyway, just to be 100% sure.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Thank you Quantumcat.

If you don't care about your Mii plaza or activity log then it won't hurt to backup all your save data with JKSM then format. However if you do care, you can weigh it up. Worst case scenario is you end up on 11.0 and can still do a DSiWare or hardmod downgrade. Lots of people say they never format and have never had problems, so I don't know how important it is.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you don't care about your Mii plaza or activity log then it won't hurt to backup all your save data with JKSM then format. However if you do care, you can weigh it up. Worst case scenario is you end up on 11.0 and can still do a DSiWare or hardmod downgrade. Lots of people say they never format and have never had problems, so I don't know how important it is.
Thanks, I think I will format it first to be safe. I have a purchased eshop game on it, but no NNID. A format won't cause me to permanently lose this game will it?

Last edited by Deleted member 316946,

Temarile

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks, I think I will format it first to be safe. I have a purchased eshop game on it, but no NNID. A format won't cause me to permanently lose this game will it?

I think it will be lost because it's not connected to your NNID so the Nintendo servers don't know you bought that game. However, once you're done you can just download and re-install the game using freeshop. Back up your save with JKSV and it'll be like before!

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it will be lost because it's not connected to your NNID so the Nintendo servers don't know you bought that game. However, once you're done you can just download and re-install the game using freeshop. Back up your save with JKSV and it'll be like before!

I didn't backup anything with JKSV but I did make a copy of my SD card before doing the format system if that makes any difference.

Anyway it's only one game and my nieces save data so i'm not too bothered about the save data, just the game purchase if this thing goes tits up. I'm on
Section IV - Restoring the System so everything is going okay so far.

Pokepicker

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I'm having a problem with Fieldrunners on my N3DS.
When I open the game it gives me black screens with the message that an error as occurred and that I have to turn of my device.
I have tried to delete the game and redownload it. I can't seem to find any Repair Software selection for the game. Am I blind, or just stupid?
The game is legally purchased on the eShop.
(System info should be listed in my signature)

Temarile

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I didn't backup anything with JKSV but I did make a copy of my SD card before doing the format system if that makes any difference.

Anyway it's only one game and my nieces save data so i'm not too bothered about the save data, just the game purchase if this thing goes tits up. I'm on
If you don't really care about your saves, you're good to go. Glad to hear everything is OK! Just ask here if you have a doubt.

When I open the game it gives me black screens with the message that an error as occurred and that I have to turn of my device.
I have tried to delete the game and redownload it. I can't seem to find any Repair Software selection for the game. Am I blind, or just stupid?
It should be on the Eshop page of the game :unsure:

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Game purchases are tied to the console if you don't have an NNID. If you have an NNID, then it gets tied to the NNID, which the NNID is tied to one console at a time.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks to everyone who replied, Temptress Cerise, Temarile, Quantumcat.
It's all done, took about 1hr 45, no hitches. My purchased eshop game is still there for re-download. So only thing I lost was one save....weighed up against chance of brick I am glad I formatted first.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Temarile

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks to everyone who replied, Temptress Cerise, Temarile, Quantumcat.
It's all done, took about 1hr 45, no hitches. My purchased eshop game is still there for re-download. So only thing I lost was one save....weighed up against chance of brick I am glad I formatted first.
Yay! Now you can look up all the awesome homebrew there is in the 3DS scene here: http://gbatemp.net/threads/helpful-3ds-homebrew-threads-links-always-updating.400950/
You could've backed up the save with JKSV but oh well. Make sure to put your 3DS in your signature as it is almost standard for everyone to show off their system haha.

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

From where are you getting the game? From Sysnand EUR or from Emunand JAP?

AFAIK, there's no DSiware downgrade for Fieldrunners for JAP version.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.