1. greendayrulestce

Newcomer

United States
    Gotcha. I am sure it does. I hadn't messed with my 3DS in a while b/c I knew about AR but I'm unsure why they are listed as new templates? My understanding is that there hasn't been an upgrade for Sky3DS+ in terms of templates, just the on-board firmware.

2. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Australia
    Yeah that's right. It's the hardware that had to change in response to the AP. If you have managed to avoid updating your console, it could be a good time to go the a9lh route, so you can play these games :-)

greendayrulestce likes this.
  3. raylgo

raylgo GBAtemp Regular

I'm following the a9lh guide by plailect and I need to do the dsiware downgrade for my n3ds using my already a9lh o3ds. I bought the legends of exidia (twice already since I screwed up the first time) and completed the system transfer over wireless but I didn't notice I erased the SD card data...

I'm doing the process a second time and I want to know at which part does it ask to delete the SD card data? I went all the way up to the blue transfer button without seeing it... I ended up with legends of exidia downloadable on the n3ds but with out the exploitable save...

I understood the process as
    A. Inserting exploitable save data using the hacked 3ds
    B. Transferring the entire system to the new 3ds
    C. Opening the game and accessing the save data

Is there a step that needs to be watched for when I do wireless transfer? That copies everything that matters to the target 3ds right? No need to copy over files or transfer SD cards after the transfer?

4. BernardoOne

BernardoOne Member
    Newcomer

How do I update to 4.x or 6.x then? By using a flashcart?

5. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

United States
    When you preform system transfer, it copys the data already on the sd card to the new systems sd card. Whatever is on the CURRENT CARD IS ON THE NEW CARD. That is when the system formats and no data is found. I don't think you need a sd card since DSIWare is on the NAND so i assume the wireless tranfer would just copy to the new system NAND.

You make sure to check if the xploited save works before system transfer, then do it this time. remember ALL DATA ON THE SDCARD GETS TRANSFERED TO THE NEW SYSTEM SD CARD.

6. NintenDavid

NintenDavid GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Use a game cart with that update. A Common game with 4.x is Angry Birds Trilogy (4.1E), as well as Luigi's Mansion 2 ( 4.5), and a really common game with 6.x is either Pokémon X or Y, which I think has 6.1E.

Last edited by NintenDavid, Sep 6, 2016
  7. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Australia
    No, with a game cartridge (well, you can use a Sky3DS if you have one). You then need a DS flashcart due to not having a browser. (You will be doing decrypt9 (MSET) instead of decrypt9 (browser)).

8. xKaii

xKaii GBAtemp Regular

hi,

Can i reutilize the emunand from a gateway to use it with reinand w/o the gateway?

thanks

9. ih8ih8sn0w

ih8ih8sn0w Koreaboo

United States
    Do you mean use gateway emunand in place of rednand?

10. xKaii

xKaii GBAtemp Regular

I mean i don't wanna use gateway anymore. I want to reutilize that emunand using reinand loaded with menuhax.

11. ih8ih8sn0w

ih8ih8sn0w Koreaboo

United States
    1) reinand is outdated by luma3ds
    2) any emunand works, rednand is just preferred for storage and some other things that I don't really know about (someone else can correct me). There is a way to convert emunand into rednand if you really want to, but I think it involves formatting your sd card during the process.

12. xKaii

xKaii GBAtemp Regular

so, i need to convert the gateway's emunand to rednand in order to use it w/o gateway?

13. ihaveamac

ihaveamac GBAtemp Guru

United States
    no you can use it as-is most likely. also, you might want to consider moving over to a9lh one day.

14. xKaii

xKaii GBAtemp Regular

Yeah, i know about a9lh. But i really like to have separate NANDs. If i mess with emunand i can just restore it easily.

well, thanks to you both. :)

15. ih8ih8sn0w

ih8ih8sn0w Koreaboo

United States
    The point in a9lh is that you can just restore sysnand if you break it. You can also still use emunand with a9lh if you are still afraid of that.

16. Ricken

Ricken hopeless host, hooked to a wire

United States
    You can have 2 Nands with A9LH. 8 is tops iirc
    You can restore Nands to SysNand with relative ease using A9LH. Just boot Hourglass9 ala A9LH payload and restore a backup from there (The payload works even if your system is bricked)

Ninja'd :nayps3:

17. ih8ih8sn0w

ih8ih8sn0w Koreaboo

United States
    multiemunand has been a thing since palantinecfw (or whatever it was called). It just wasn't common knowledge iirc.

Ricken likes this.
  18. xKaii

xKaii GBAtemp Regular

wow, i didn't know that. Thanks for the info, maybe i'll be using a9lh soon.

Ricken likes this.
  19. pelago

pelago Member

2. You won't need to rehack the 2DS. Use a PC with an SD card reader adapter to copy everything from the old card onto the new.

20. Temptress Cerise

Temptress Cerise Miss Magic~ <3

United States
    1. If you are looking for cheats, check out NTR Cheat Plugin. Other options include to use save editors, if they are available for the game in question.
    3. I really only use JK's Save Manager and 3DS Quick Shutdown, and I would say FBI, but that's more of an essential lol.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - questions, PARADISE,