• Replies 53,813
  • Likes 43

cc2918

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello and back again for more questions.
ty for all your help.

1. how does migrating between small -> big sd card works?
do i simply move files over? after searching google, theres only emunand/rednand partition transfer guide but my guess it that plailect doesnt have any partition?

2. i still have my o3ds sd card from 10.7 (used different sd for cfw)
i didn't back up my 'downloaded game' save file(not cartridge)
how do i transfer save files from 10.7 to cfw o3ds 11.0 or n3ds xl 11.0?
can i just move over 10.7 "nintendo 3ds" folder to 11.0 sd? or do i transfer necessary cfw files to 10.7 sd card and export save files using hb+jksm(click for link) to transfer over?

ty again.

Last edited by cc2918,

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hello and back again for more questions.
ty for all your help.

1. how does migrating between small -> big sd card works?
do i simply move files over? after searching google, theres only emunand/rednand partition transfer guide but my guess it that plailect doesnt have any partition?

2. i still have my o3ds sd card from 10.7 (used different sd for cfw)
i didn't back up my 'downloaded game' save file(not cartridge)
how do i transfer save files from 10.7 to cfw o3ds 11.0 or n3ds xl 11.0?
can i just move over 10.7 "nintendo 3ds" folder to 11.0 sd? or do i transfer necessary cfw files to 10.7 sd card and use hb+jksm(click for link) to transfer over?

ty again.
1. If you've followed the guide exactly, you won't have an emuNAND/redNAND, so you won't need to worry about that. Just copy all of the files from the small SD card to the big one.

2. If you used a backup of the original NAND/emuNAND/redNAND the saves were created with at the end of the A9LH guide, you can just delete the Nintendo 3DS folder from your SD card and copy the Nintendo 3DS folder from the old SD to the new one. All of your previously installed apps, games and their saves should be present once you've done that (note that you will need to reinstall anything that you installed after finishing the A9LH guide). If you want to move the saves to another 3DS after restoring them, you will need to back them up with a save manager like JKSM in order to transfer them.

jomaper

Trophies
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
Hey guys, any help here?
It's been a really long time since I've played with my 3DS. Just now I tried to boot it and while it does run everything OK, when Im in gateway mode I press Select and nothing happens. What could have gone wrong? Help ;_;

stuntmanjoe94

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You need to format before starting step 1 if you want to be sure. To be honest, I've heard people downgrading their devices without formatting and they're fine. A hardmodder here has done over 100 devices without formatting and not a single one softbricked. You don't need to do it. If you have stuff on your NAND you want to keep, you don't have to format. If you don't have anything you care about, it doesn't hurt to format anyway.

Goodmorning!
i did everything you said and thank you very much! everything worked out perfect and i have my cfw! and games works super fine! i have 2 questions, how and how often do i have to upgrade? and i realized that my memory is too small how can i upgrade to a bigger one without loosing anything?
Thanks again!
Gioele

PS: i used https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-5-(arm9loaderhax) this guide step by step so thats what i have on my nintendo

Last edited by stuntmanjoe94,

Aline Pereira Rêgo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Guys, I have homebrew/emunand and sometimes when I launch a game it says there's an update available (for the game). Can I safely update it or is it better to not update it?
(will arcodes stop working if I do?)

Also, is there any way to convert gateshark codes into ARcodes?

Last edited by Aline Pereira Rêgo,

Temarile

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ A9LH ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Goodmorning!
i did everything you said and thank you very much! everything worked out perfect and i have my cfw! and games works super fine! i have 2 questions, how and how often do i have to upgrade? and i realized that my memory is too small how can i upgrade to a bigger one without loosing anything?
Thanks again!
Gioele

PS: i used https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-5-(arm9loaderhax) this guide step by step so thats what i have on my nintendo

Since you have a9lh and I assume no Emunand, all you have to do is copy everything from the smaller sd card to the bigger sd card and put the SD card in your 3ds. Couldn't be easier.
To update your CFW I suggest installing the Star Updater; https://github.com/astronautlevel2/StarUpdater/releases
To update your system you go to system settings -> system update and you're done.
I recommend making a nand backup using hourglass9 and a sd back up every month (depending on how often you play, if you play a lot I suggest every two weeks or even every week to make sure that if you mess up, you don't lose too much).

Cava

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Hi!

I want a clean sysnand backup but Plailect's Guide says inject the FBI_inject_with_banner.app first then make a backup. Is it still will be a clean backup of the sysnand if i want to restore?

Posghetti

Un-official ReVeluv Leader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi!

I want a clean sysnand backup but Plailect's Guide says inject the FBI_inject_with_banner.app first then make a backup. Is it still will be a clean backup of the sysnand if i want to restore?

Yes, it will still be a clean backup, I followed the guide back when v2 wasn't a thing so I'm not sure what has changed since, but it'll be a clean backup even if you inject FBI into H&S

Reactions: Cava

cc2918

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. If you've followed the guide exactly, you won't have an emuNAND/redNAND, so you won't need to worry about that. Just copy all of the files from the small SD card to the big one.

2. If you used a backup of the original NAND/emuNAND/redNAND the saves were created with at the end of the A9LH guide, you can just delete the Nintendo 3DS folder from your SD card and copy the Nintendo 3DS folder from the old SD to the new one. All of your previously installed apps, games and their saves should be present once you've done that (note that you will need to reinstall anything that you installed after finishing the A9LH guide). If you want to move the saves to another 3DS after restoring them, you will need to back them up with a save manager like JKSM in order to transfer them.

hello.
i still can't seem to get my o3ds 10.7 'downloaded game' save files to show up in cfw o3ds/new3ds xl 11.0(i didnt use 10.7 sd card to follow guide. used new sd card btw)
what i did was put necessary cfw files to 10.7 sd cards(nintendo 3ds folder untouched), put it in o3ds. previously installed game(title) isnt in home menu. used jksm tool but no save file show up either.

also, can i just copy over 'nintendo 3ds' folder between o3ds <-> n3ds xl to preserve any game save or cia installation?
i ask this cause looking at nintendo 3ds folder.. seems like unique/random number folder may be generated per console.(possibly diff code/data per save data for console too?)

ty.

Last edited by cc2918,

Wiitill

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey!

Noob question here. After I've installed a game using FBI, do I need to keep the .CIA-file on the SD-card or has the data been copied into the Nintendo 3DS-folder?

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hello.
i still can't seem to get my o3ds 10.7 'downloaded game' save files to show up in cfw o3ds/new3ds xl 11.0(i didnt use 10.7 sd card to follow guide. used new sd card btw)
what i did was put necessary cfw files to 10.7 sd cards(nintendo 3ds folder untouched), put it in o3ds. previously installed game(title) isnt in home menu. used jksm tool but no save file show up either.

also, can i just copy over 'nintendo 3ds' folder between o3ds <-> n3ds xl to preserve any game save or cia installation?
i ask this cause looking at nintendo 3ds folder.. seems like unique/random number folder may be generated per console.(possibly diff code/data per save data for console too?)

ty.
If you didn't use the restore the original NAND backup that was used to create the saves when installing A9LH, the saves and games won't show up. Saves are tied to the specific NAND they were created with. If you didn't use the NAND backup that was used to create the saves, but have a NAND backup of the NAND that was used to create the saves, you can use Hourglass9 to restore the NAND backup and keep A9LH installed. If you don't have a NAND backup of the NAND that was used to create the saves, you're out of luck.

You cannot copy the Nintendo 3DS folder to another 3DS and have the apps show up. The apps are NAND specific. They won't work without the 3DS and the NAND they were created with.

Hey!

Noob question here. After I've installed a game using FBI, do I need to keep the .CIA-file on the SD-card or has the data been copied into the Nintendo 3DS-folder?
After the cia is installed, you can delete the cia file from the SD card. It's just an archive used for installation.

Reactions: Wiitill

Ncm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,
I just updated my 3ds 4.5 to use A9hl with Plailect guide.
I want to convert my Monster Hunter X to a Monster Hunter Generation save, I thought I didn't need to use a soft before because my save was in my SD, but apparently I had to use JKSM before. So is there a way to launch the Gateway emunand I used before installing the cfw ? I was in 4.5 with emunand, won't the data save be corrupted because it use a different data save encryption or there is an option i can use with A9hl ? I did a sysnand and emunand backup before installing cfw.
Thanks for your help.

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I used the https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki to put arm9loader, but its been a while since a done it and now i want to play MHG but my version is 10.7, i looked at the guide and they have LUMA something, and when i did it there was no luma, do i need to upgrade, if so where do i start, and can i play MHG online?
It isn't necessary to change to Luma from another CFW as long as you don't care about the extra features. If you're happy with the CFW you're using now, you can keep using that and just install MHG.

Reactions: byJCSnow

Darksteve107

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to install homebrew on 11.0 while still being on 10.7? I currently have ninjhax and oot3dhax available but is it possible to install basehax to 11.0 while still being on 10.7?

byJCSnow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It isn't necessary to change to Luma from another CFW as long as you don't care about the extra features. If you're happy with the CFW you're using now, you can keep using that and just install MHG.

Is there anywhere i can see the extra features to see it they are worth changing, like fast install time and such?
Also, since i am at emunand according to the tutorial, can i just update the system version and play online?

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there anywhere i can see the extra features to see it they are worth changing, like fast install time and such?
Also, since i am at emunand according to the tutorial, can i just update the system version and play online?
Check out Luma 3DS's GitHub wiki for Luma's features.

So if I understand correctly, you've installed A9LH previously, but were following the guide again to update to Luma? If you've installed A9LH previously, yes you can just update and play online. If you only have emuNAND, without A9LH, you can update emuNAND and play online with emuNAND.

byJCSnow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Check out Luma 3DS's GitHub wiki for Luma's features.

So if I understand correctly, you've installed A9LH previously, but were following the guide again to update to Luma? If you've installed A9LH previously, yes you can just update and play online. If you only have emuNAND, without A9LH, you can update emuNAND and play online with emuNAND.

I don't really want to update the CFW unless there's need to it or some features that are really good(going to check the link you posted), i have A9LH instaled from the guide, and if i remember it makes so i boot directly to emunand, so i wanted to know is can i update the system version to the lastest so i can access online and play it normal?

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't really want to update the CFW unless there's need to it or some features that are really good(going to check the link you posted), i have A9LH instaled from the guide, and if i remember it makes so i boot directly to emunand, so i wanted to know is can i update the system version to the lastest so i can access online and play it normal?
Yes, you will be able to update the system and play online.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Were not sure about the next 30 minutes though +1