• Views 4,447,923
  • Replies 53,769
  • Likes 43

infinete

The Temp's cynic.
Trophies
XP
Country
I seem to have some custom GBA games installed to Nand, no idea why :(, was sure they were installed to sd only......anyway I can figure which files they are without the original cia's?
edit: dw BBB helped

Last edited by infinete,

Amapola62

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Why do I have a better boot rate with Menuhax using a modified payload without debug text and colours? aren't those features (the text and colours) supposed to help it boot?

Temarile

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ A9LH ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Why do I have a better boot rate with Menuhax using a modified payload without debug text and colours? aren't those features (the text and colours) supposed to help it boot?

No, not really. It's just a way to show what the system is doing. I believe you can even change it to a picture of your liking, just like you can change the splash screen on Au/ReiNand ect.

Reactions: pbanj

Temarile

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ A9LH ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Wonder why my fail rate went from 1/4 (on bad days), to 1/10 (so far) since I made the switch...

I don't exactly know why, but it's something to do with the changed payload. Some systems work better with a different payload. That's why if you have very bad boot rates, you can opt to change payloads in order to make it boot more frequently.
I have to say this the least: with A9LH you have a 100% boot rate and faster boot than with menuhax. But staying with menuhax is fine too :)

infinete

The Temp's cynic.
Trophies
XP
Country
So sorry for the bombardment tonight, just being overly cautious. OK, so I have aquired My N3ds otp.bin. I have got my sd ready for aurienand, just backing up my sd contents. Once Arm9 is installed to the console, will my emunand backup be ok to restore to nand? I only ask as it has modifications to agb_firm and twl_firm installed....Would I need to uninstall those first and then make a fresh emunand backup or am I good to go as is? Again, apologies ;).

FTRBND

Waifu
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
So sorry for the bombardment tonight, just being overly cautious. OK, so I have aquired My N3ds otp.bin. I have got my sd ready for aurienand, just backing up my sd contents. Once Arm9 is installed to the console, will my emunand backup be ok to restore to nand? I only ask as it has modifications to agb_firm and twl_firm installed....Would I need to uninstall those first and then make a fresh emunand backup or am I good to go as is? Again, apologies ;).
Those modifications could only interfere with the downgrade process if I remember correctly. So basically it wouldn't cause a problem when restoring EmuNand to SysNand although I'm sure you won't need them anymore if using aurei with a9lh.

Reactions: infinete

Scoreless Pine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have asked this in a few places and have not gotten answers back yet, so I figured maybe I could get an answer here since I have had questions answered here before. I would like to be able to run NTR CFW on my N3ds with Rxtools 3.0 on a 10.7 EmuNAND, and I have heard that you need something like 10.2 native_firm or something like that. What exactly is that, how can I get it, and is there a full guide on how to install and use NTR CFW? Thank you!

P

PaiiNSteven

I'm kinda confused on the NTR CFW. I'm trying to use cheats on it, but it wont work. Heres a picture of my plugin folder (bare with me here, i'm on a chromebook, but if i need to i can switch to my laptop.) here. Thats all thats in there. If I wanted to get into the cheat menu, how would I do it?

Scoreless Pine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: pbanj

FTRBND

Waifu
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
I'm kinda confused on the NTR CFW. I'm trying to use cheats on it, but it wont work. Heres a picture of my plugin folder (bare with me here, i'm on a chromebook, but if i need to i can switch to my laptop.) here. Thats all thats in there. If I wanted to get into the cheat menu, how would I do it?
After you open the ntr cfw cia and leave it, press X+Y to bring up the menu. The Game Plugin option will only appear if you are in a game or app which has a plugins/titleid/.plg file. If you don't have any cheats for a game, Game Plugins won't appear.

Sent from a fucking cm13 phone

darkhalf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a stupid question so please bear with me. I have an old 3DS on 4.2 running Gateway 3DS with DS profile hack.

I have a new 3DS XL on 9.2 that I would like to use my Gateway 3DS card with (preferably with the DS profile hack like my O3DS if that is possible). My questions:

1. Can I do that? (Use the same DS profile method to play Gateway on my N3DS?) :)

2. I don't have Cubic Ninja or Zelda cartridge but believe I read with Gateway 3.7.1 I no longer need those cartridges. is that true?

3. When should I transfer my licenses and saved games? (I assume after I setup emunand correct?)

4. Anything else I should think about but didnt mention here.

Thank you for humoring me.

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a stupid question so please bear with me. I have an old 3DS on 4.2 running Gateway 3DS with DS profile hack.

I have a new 3DS XL on 9.2 that I would like to use my Gateway 3DS card with (preferably with the DS profile hack like my O3DS if that is possible). My questions:

1. Can I do that? (Use the same DS profile method to play Gateway on my N3DS?) :)

2. I don't have Cubic Ninja or Zelda cartridge but believe I read with Gateway 3.7.1 I no longer need those cartridges. is that true?

3. When should I transfer my licenses and saved games? (I assume after I setup emunand correct?)

4. Anything else I should think about but didnt mention here.

Thank you for humoring me.
1. Yes, Gateway has the ability to downgrade the MSET on the N3DS, which will allow you to use the DS profile exploit on the N3DS.

2. Yes, Gateway can be booted into via the Homebrew Launcher now. You can boot into the Homebrew Launcher and from there boot Gateway.

3. After you set up emuNAND.

4. An alternative to using the DS profile exploit is to use Menuhax. This will allow you to boot straight into the Homebrew Launcher (or Gateway if you set it up to) as soon as you turn on the N3DS. This will also allow you to bypass setting up the DS profile exploit.

darkhalf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Yes, Gateway has the ability to downgrade the MSET on the N3DS, which will allow you to use the DS profile exploit on the N3DS.

2. Yes, Gateway can be booted into via the Homebrew Launcher now. You can boot into the Homebrew Launcher and from there boot Gateway.

3. After you set up emuNAND.

4. An alternative to using the DS profile exploit is to use Menuhax. This will allow you to boot straight into the Homebrew Launcher (or Gateway if you set it up to) as soon as you turn on the N3DS. This will also allow you to bypass setting up the DS profile exploit.

Thanks BobDole (LOL at your name) :)

One question I forgot... what about my saves? Will my saves from my 4.x SYSNAND / 10.7 EMUNAND work on my N3DS XL since its sysnand is 9.x? I read something about 2.0y keys and 6.0y keys being different thus will lose my saves. Is that true?

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks BobDole (LOL at your name) :)

One question I forgot... what about my saves? Will my saves from my 4.x SYSNAND / 10.7 EMUNAND work on my N3DS XL since its sysnand is 9.x? I read something about 2.0y keys and 6.0y keys being different thus will lose my saves. Is that true?
:P

I'm actually not sure about the saves. I think Gateway still uses the old save encryption, no matter what firmware version the 3DS is.

To be sure you don't lose them though, you can back them up with SaveDataFiler or JK's SaveManager. Then, you should be able to restore them to your N3DS, even if they aren't transferred.

Sundaybrawl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've looked around and haven't found a straight answer to this.. I'm wondering if it's safe for me to update my 9.2 emunand (I know it's emunand from all the firmware there but in system settings there is no "rei.:" string attached) to 10.7. I have installed a 3ds game and TWL Flashcart Launcher.

My main concern would be what would happen to my files and stuff if I were to update right now? Are there any steps I need to take before I update?

I just want to be able to play newer games and access online/eshop without worry, I really only utilized homebrew and custom firmware for a few things but ultimately don't really need it a whole lot anymore. I have OoT3D so if I ever need to get back into homebrew then it shouldn't be a problem correct?

Apologies for the lengthy dribble, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sundaybrawl

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've looked around and haven't found a straight answer to this.. I'm wondering if it's safe for me to update my 9.2 emunand (I know it's emunand from all the firmware there but in system settings there is no "rei.:" string attached) to 10.7. I have installed a 3ds game and TWL Flashcart Launcher.

My main concern would be what would happen to my files and stuff if I were to update right now? Are there any steps I need to take before I update?

I just want to be able to play newer games and access online/eshop without worry, I really only utilized homebrew and custom firmware for a few things but ultimately don't really need it a whole lot anymore. I have OoT3D so if I ever need to get back into homebrew then it shouldn't be a problem correct?

Apologies for the lengthy dribble, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sundaybrawl
You should be fine to update as long as you're sure that you're in emuNAND.

The only thing you might want to do is create an emuNAND backup in the off-chance that something does go wrong.

Yes, even if you accidentally update sysNAND, you should be able to downgrade via OoThax. If OoThax isn't already set up on your cart, you might want to do that before updating. That way, you won't need to buy a dongle to set it up later.

Sundaybrawl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You should be fine to update as long as you're sure that you're in emuNAND.

The only thing you might want to do is create an emuNAND backup in the off-chance that something does go wrong.

Yes, even if you accidentally update sysNAND, you should be able to downgrade via OoThax. If OoThax isn't already set up on your cart, you might want to do that before updating. That way, you won't need to buy a dongle to set it up later.

Okay, I've made a number of backups and have already set up OoT3Dhax. Wasn't sure if I had to update it or not as it's 9.2. I'll give it a shot.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsG-jJcrlr0