• Replies 53,787
  • Likes 43

Temarile

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ A9LH ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
What is a good boot manager for me? I want to be able to select updated sysnand or the homebrew launcher. Something like CTRBOOTMANAGER if possible.

Temarile

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

KillerSmurf10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, Ive acquired a cia of Monster Hunter 4.
I am on an o3ds, when i boot the game it says something about a software update, yet whenever I have tried to update a cia the past I have received an error in the Store.
Upon launching i then get an error "An error has occurred. Hold down the POWER Button...." I have tried differentversions of the game, to no avail. Any suggestions how to get it to work/or a working copy?

Temarile

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey, Ive acquired a cia of Monster Hunter 4.
I am on an o3ds, when i boot the game it says something about a software update, yet whenever I have tried to update a cia the past I have received an error in the Store.
Upon launching i then get an error "An error has occurred. Hold down the POWER Button...." I have tried differentversions of the game, to no avail. Any suggestions how to get it to work/or a working copy?

You can update MH4 using the eshop when the region of the cia matches the region of your system and eshop (so you need an USA CIA for the USA eshop to work ect). Otherwise you can install the update cia which you can get on that iso site.
Besides that maybe the cia you tried is corrupted and you would have to redownload it again.

Reactions: KillerSmurf10

CaNe2o1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to bypass the New 3DS on 9.9's browser-use restriction for browserhax? It continues giving me the error that I must update to use the browser.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have A9LH on my N3DS LL. CFW sysNAND is on 10.7. Any idea why a lot of the homebrew on my grid launcher fails and either hard hangs or restarts the HBL?

Temarile

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have A9LH on my N3DS LL. CFW sysNAND is on 10.7. Any idea why a lot of the homebrew on my grid launcher fails and either hard hangs or restarts the HBL?

Maybe try the regular homebrew launcher instead of the grid launcher, perhaps it's causing issues. Otherwise try redownloading the homebrew apps in case they got bad/corrupted somehow.

Reactions: BORTZ

JordenNixNix

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I don't know where to ask this questions so I do it here.

Since a week ago my O3DS Circle pad was broken.
Of course it's out of warranty so I decided to let it repair by a local (unofficial) game repair service.
They already managed to fix my DS (phat) top screen and Wii a long time ago and it always went well. But this time he pretty screwed up my 3DS.

To keep thing short, he broke more parts while replacing the circle pad.
To reduce my Costs I have the choice to pay 70€ for an O3DS or wait for the replacement and the repair costs.

I bought many eshop content in the past and I wonder, if there is a way to transfer my NNID without access to the old o3DS?
Is there a way to save my purchases when the original 3DS won't turn on? I know the saves will be gone even when I have still my original sd card.

Furthermore my O3DS has a Gateway card with a linked emunand (intended to be linked). How will software/saves react when I play temporary on another with my emunand and eventually play again on my original 3DS IF I EVER SHOULD GET IT BACK?

Should an o3DS emunand work on a N3DS? My main reason for this is to use spider AR codes since a n3ds has skater browser.

At least, I took a NAND backup before. I know what a NAND-backup is. And it's intented for the original console only.( but maybe there still a sparkle of hope)
Is there a way I can (hex) edit my backup somehow so I can install it on my new o3DS?

Thanks in advance.

Temarile

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Of course it's out of warranty so I decided to let it repair by a local (unofficial) game repair service.
They already managed to fix my DS (phat) top screen and Wii a long time ago and it always went well. But this time he pretty screwed up my 3DS.

To reduce my Costs I have the choice to pay 70€ for an O3DS or wait for the replacement and the repair costs.

I bought many eshop content in the past and I wonder, if there is a way to transfer my NNID without access to the old o3DS?
Is there a way to save my purchases when the original 3DS won't turn on? I know the saves will be gone even when I have still my original sd card.

Furthermore my O3DS has a Gateway card with a linked emunand (intended to be linked). How will software/saves react when I play temporary on another with my emunand and eventually play again on my original 3DS IF I EVER SHOULD GET IT BACK?

Should an o3DS emunand work on a N3DS? My main reason for this is to use spider AR codes since a n3ds has skater browser.

At least, I took a NAND backup before. I know what a NAND-backup is. And it's intented for the original console only.( but maybe there still a sparkle of hope)
Is there a way I can (hex) edit my backup somehow so I can install it on my new o3DS?

Thanks in advance.

I can't help you with everything but I think the purchases you made are linked to your NNID. You can call the Nintendo service to ask them to unlink your NNID from your old o3ds (after providing enough information) and then link it to your new o/n3ds. Your saves however will be lost.

I do know you can transfer Emunand to Emunand from o3ds to n3ds. You'd have to set up an Emunand on the destination device and then just do a system transfer. But that is when you have both systems available.

I wouldn't mess with your NAND backup to be honest. The chances of you messing up and bricking are pretty big when doing that.

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States

Thanks in advance.
They use different things(why you can't flash a o3ds downgrade pack to the n3ds) so hex editing won't get u anywhere.

Praxis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've got a CFW AuReiNand 4.2 o3DS, and I'm in the process of softmodding (to the same) a new 3DS XL. There are several games installed from CIA.

Afterwards, how do I move my data over from the old to the new? Will the System Transfer from Nintendo work? Should I first reinstall all my games then do system transfer? Is it better to just manually move all my savegames with JK Save Manager (this would mean I get a new NNID and have to re-add all my friends, right?) ?

pbanj

Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
So I've got a CFW AuReiNand 4.2 o3DS, and I'm in the process of softmodding (to the same) a new 3DS XL. There are several games installed from CIA.

Afterwards, how do I move my data over from the old to the new? Will the System Transfer from Nintendo work? Should I first reinstall all my games then do system transfer? Is it better to just manually move all my savegames with JK Save Manager (this would mean I get a new NNID and have to re-add all my friends, right?) ?
The system transfer will work. But after its all said and done the n3ds will say it failed(this is ok) just kill wifi(turn your router off for a min), reboot the n3ds and after it says it failed this time it will give you the option to cancel(hit cancel), turn wifi back on, enter the eshop(it will take a while to load its finishing the transfer) after it loads the transfer will be done. I recommend making save backups with jk's save manager so if something doesn't transfer you at least have the save.

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Oh goodness if you don't mind my asking, what did you do when they returned your device and said they broke it? That sounds absolutely awful. I mean, did they make you sign a waiver that excuses them from any damage they may do to the device? I would be pissed if I paid for a repair service and all they did was break it. Talk about unprofessional.

Replacing a circle pad is extremely easy how on earth did he mess that up?

Reactions: FTRBND and Arubaro

Emenaria

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Hi, I'm trying to switch from menuhax to arm9loaderhax, and I have some questions about it.
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-4-(Getting-the-OTP)
1.Right now is a good time to use a save manager to backup any saves you care about
Is this really necessary? Will I lose all my saves in the process of downgrading to 2.1.0/installing A9LH? Can't I skip this? I'm confused because the guide also says "If everything goes according to plan, you will lose no data and end up with everything that you started with (games, NNID, saves, etc will be preserved)."
Also, should I swap EmuNAND and SysNAND after installing A9LH? If I do so, can I use Gateway on my SysNAND?

pbanj

Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I'm trying to switch from menuhax to arm9loaderhax, and I have some questions about it.
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-4-(Getting-the-OTP)

Is this really necessary? Will I lose all my saves in the process of downgrading to 2.1.0/installing A9LH? Can't I skip this? I'm confused because the guide also says "If everything goes according to plan, you will lose no data and end up with everything that you started with (games, NNID, saves, etc will be preserved)."
Also, should I swap EmuNAND and SysNAND after installing A9LH? If I do so, can I use Gateway on my SysNAND?
its just a precaution. an optional one.

Reactions: Emenaria

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Or if y ou are married, but have 3 girlfriends