[Release]NTR CFW 3.2 with experimental Real-Time Save feature.

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by cell9, Mar 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cell9
    OP

cell9 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 14, 2014
    Switzerland
    NTR CFW was discontinued in public.
    A new project will be started for migrating some of the features of NTR CFW (for example, video streaming) to a standalone 3dsx homebrew app, which does not requires downgrading or installing CFWs.

If you are interested in the new project, do not update to 11.0.

From what I have seen, a closed-source CFW has the power to split the whole scene. It will start endless debates on varied topics. (If your are not agree with me from this point, you may read this thread starting at page 118 and you will draw the same conclusion with me.)

However releasing the source is not the almighty solution for this problem to solve that and could probably lead to a situation that I never want to see.

The objective for starting a CFW for me is to make general game players/homebrew developers could enjoy playing games/making homebrews in a better way. However, actually itself is splitting up people in this scene with countless issues like open-sourcing, piracy, online-cheating, etc. I think it is my fault for starting such a project and it is the time to stop it from public.

However, I still wish general game players could have fun with some of the NTR's features, so I have decided to start a new project and migrate features starting with video streaming to it.

Being different from a CFW that tries to manage everything inside the console, the new project will rather be an simple app in 3dsx format which could directly launch on homebrew launcher without downgrading and setting-up CFWs.

From the fact people may argue about open-source and proprietary operating systems, but most of them seldom cares about the apps in their phones are open-sourced or not, I think a homebrew app should be more acceptable for most general game players.

Since the new project may lack the features for developers like real-time debugging, the developer edition of NTR CFW will still be maintained and shared between verified developers.

---

Sorry for being kinda off-topic, check below section if you are interested in the archived release of NTR CFW.

---

PLEASE STOP THE SUICIDE JOKING

I will consider any kind of suicide joking in this topic as a very offensive behavior.

[​IMG]

Warning: Spoilers inside!

Last edited by cell9, May 26, 2016

2. Tokiopop

Tokiopop Caffeine fiend

Apr 14, 2009
    UK
    Nice. Any plans to support OoT, or will this be CN only?

3. Click This

Click This Surgite!

Feb 18, 2012
    United States
    New York, New York
    Does this work for text language only, or does also support audio swaps?

Nice work, awesome new features.

4. purupuru

purupuru GBAtemp Regular

Oct 10, 2013
    United States
    This is nice but I really don't see why anyone would ever bother with installing it. There's currently better options that will enable users to do a lot more

5. Johnny Dunlop

Johnny Dunlop Member

Newcomer
    Feb 25, 2015
    Canada
    Hi,

I am just curious, can you run gateway3DS emunand a long side CFW on N3DS? If so, are there any special instructions or precautions involved?

Also I see CFW supports 8.1.0/9.1.0/9.2.0. May be a dumb question but does this mean it also supports 9.0.0?

Thanks in advance,
    Johnny

6. cell9
    OP

cell9 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 14, 2014
    Switzerland
    Margen67 likes this.
  7. cell9
    OP

cell9 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 14, 2014
    Switzerland
    nope, it can't

8. boomie0123

boomie0123 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 11, 2010
    United States

Region free for users who have no interest in piracy. Sounds like the best option available really.

ShiroKyouma, Margen67 and Lucifer666 like this.
  9. Lucifer666

Lucifer666 all the world needs is me

Apr 22, 2011
    The Fourth Dimension
    Wow, awesome work man

I'd love to play my american games on my japanese N3DS but sadly i only have OoT 3D, not cubic ninja

Flayim likes this.
  10. Johnny Dunlop

Johnny Dunlop Member

Newcomer
    Feb 25, 2015
    Canada

To both of my questions or which one?

11. cell9
    OP

cell9 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 14, 2014
    Switzerland
    It can't work on GW.
    It should work on 9.0.0E/9.0.0U, haven't confirmed on 9.0.0J.

12. boomie0123

boomie0123 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 11, 2010
    United States
    Does it work with online play?

And then throwing another scenario in there, let's say I have a US SSB and want to play online with a JPN N3DS, how would I go about getting the required online update for that game?

13. Johnny Dunlop

Johnny Dunlop Member

Newcomer
    Feb 25, 2015
    Canada

So gateway3DS emuNAND and CFW CANNOT be on the same microSD card and work together?

For instance: Use LoZ: OOT save exploit for gateway and use cubic ninja exploit for CFW?

14. cell9
    OP

cell9 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 14, 2014
    Switzerland
    Not really, if you are in the OFW mode, you can boot NTR from cubic ninja.

Margen67 likes this.
  15. cell9
    OP

cell9 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 14, 2014
    Switzerland
    There are no plans for adding OOT support at this moment.

16. Johnny Dunlop

Johnny Dunlop Member

Newcomer
    Feb 25, 2015
    Canada
    Yes so if i own the retail card of cubic ninja, I can launch CFW from OFW and it will not effect gateway3DS or emunand?

17. tarovisions

tarovisions GBAtemp Regular

Jan 19, 2015
    United States
    Emunand remains, but the GW save needs to be erased for NTR save (unless you've got two CNs)

Edit: Actually that's pointless

18. Johnny Dunlop

Johnny Dunlop Member

Newcomer
    Feb 25, 2015
    Canada

Im using LoZ: OOT for my gateway, I am asking if i can use retail cubic ninja to launch CFW on OFW WITHOUT damaging gateway3ds exploit or emunand

19. Oishikatta

Oishikatta GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 30, 2014
    United States

I might be missing something obvious, but I can't find which port number to use in the debugger?

20. tarovisions

tarovisions GBAtemp Regular

Jan 19, 2015
    United States
    8000 in the readme

I think you should be good without messing up GW, emunand will be fine at least

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.