pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
What do I need to do to get a n3DS 9.9-26U to work with a Gateway? I have a OOT cart.
Do I need to downgrade to 9.2? How would I go about doing that (keep in mind n3DS!)

I am unable to do Browserexploit- so what should I do?
you can bypass the browser block

https://yls8.mtheall.com/3dsbrowserhax.php this will tell you how

after that you can install the oothax to ur copy of oot

also yes you need to downgrade to 9.2 or wait for them to come out with their stuff for 10.3(i would assume it would allow firms between 9.2 and 10.3 to work)

some downgrade guides
http://gbatemp.net/threads/simple-guide-to-downgrading-your-3ds.407888/
you dont need the gateway with this but you can still use it

or if you dont want to have to use an emunand you can do this one
you can still use the gateway with this but you dont have to(if you want gateway you need to have a 9.2 emunand after your done setting it up and then when in the gateway menu choose gateway mode sysnand)
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

nic0lette

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a HANS-like tool that one could use from an A9LH CFW to start games in a different language (assuming the game supported the other language, of course)?

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
Is there a HANS-like tool that one could use from an A9LH CFW to start games in a different language (assuming the game supported the other language, of course)?
ntr i believe lets you do that https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-ntr-cfw-3-2-with-experimental-real-time-save-feature.385142/ read the thread as there is some stuff you need to do. you need to use the 10.2 firm and not the 10.4 firm for your cfw, aurienand github has the proper firm for it to use with aureinand

Thaeyn

Trophies
XP
Country
This is a really newbie questions so I guess this is the appropriate thread. But I currently have an O3DS with Ver 10.7 firmware. Is there anyway I can downgrade this to 9.2? I have Ocarina of Time but no other system.

Thanks In Advance

Temarile

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ A9LH ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
This is a really newbie questions so I guess this is the appropriate thread. But I currently have an O3DS with Ver 10.7 firmware. Is there anyway I can downgrade this to 9.2? I have Ocarina of Time but no other system.

Thanks In Advance

- Buy power saves to use OoT hax
- Buy Cubic Ninja to use Ninjahax
- Buy a sky3ds to emulate cubic ninja and ninjahax

There is currently no other way.

FTRBND

Waifu
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
This is kind of a newbie question I guess but:
I have 2 r4i gold 3DS Revolution cards from r4ids.cn
One of them is updated to The Chronicles of Narnia which supports 3DS V.4.2.0
The other one is updated to Spongebob Japanese THQ stuff which supports 3DS V.2.2.0

My O3DS got 9.2 SysNAND and 10.7 AuRei EmuNAND(Without a9hl)
is it safe for me to downgrade my SysNAND or EmuNAND to 4.2 or 2.2 so I can update my cards using the wood firmware and then get back to the previous firmware on either SysNAND or EmuNAND and use the card on the SysNAND? The latest r4ids.cn firmware for the r4i gold 3DS supports 10.5 so I guess I could use it on 9.2 SysNAND?

ringking98

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok i was able to downgrade to 9.2 and install legit CIA's.. what do i have to do to install CFW and play other non legit CIA's? i am sorry my head is spinning from all the threads and different pieces of software.

FTRBND

Waifu
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
ok i was able to downgrade to 9.2 and install legit CIA's.. what do i have to do to install CFW and play other non legit CIA's? i am sorry my head is spinning from all the threads and different pieces of software.
use the GW launcher to format your sd card for emunand, then install emuhax(type 2 boot) and ctrbootmanager(if you want) and copy AuReiNand files to your 3ds folder.

FTRBND

Waifu
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
O3ds ...

so format and lose all the games i installed? wouldnt i also lose menu hax?
It will only format your SD card and create a partition by copying your SysNAND to EmuNAND.
You will have an exact copy of your sysnand on your sd card. You have to backup your Nintendo 3DS folder and everything else from your sd card and copy them back after the formatting is done

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

FTRBND

Waifu
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
I am currently following Plailect's guide to installing A9lh on o3ds. I'm afraid menuhax may get deleted when downgrading and so I think of installing the homebrew launcher .cia on sysnand. Would this ensure that I don't lose access to homebrew in 2.1.0?

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am currently following Plailect's guide to installing A9lh on o3ds. I'm afraid menuhax may get deleted when downgrading and so I think of installing the homebrew launcher .cia on sysnand. Would this ensure that I don't lose access to homebrew in 2.1.0?
You can't even get into homebrew in 2.1 and if you follow the guide, you won't ever need to get into the homebrew menu.

Temarile

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Just follow the guide, it is made as foolproof as possible. By the way, you downgrade Emunand to 2.1 then inject Emunand into sysnand so sysnand gets overwritten to 2.1. So installing the homebrew launcher cia to sysnand wouldn't work in the first place.

FTRBND

Waifu
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Also, at Sect1 Step 33, it formats my EmuNAND. Does backing up the contents of the Nintendo 3DS folder also backs up my EmuNAND installed .cia's?

Temarile

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Also, at Sect1 Step 33, it formats my EmuNAND. Does backing up the contents of the Nintendo 3DS folder also backs up my EmuNAND installed .cia's?

If I recall correctly the guide tells you to create an Emunand backup because I don't think the CIA'S are stored in the Nintendo 3ds folder.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ