• Likes 43

KillerSmurf10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Totally clueless here.
I click on the Reinand link.
Scroll to the bottom of the post, and click the git. link.
- takes me to a site, with a readme.md
I downloaded a pre-compiled version.
Ran the armips.exe
but it just closes.
~Is there a video to follow or something?
Or a tutorial =/

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I'm going to ask what is probably an idiotic question, but please indulge me.

I understand when you install a cia, you can erase that via from the SD, so this means the file is now stored somewhere internally.

There's a 300 installed game limit, but is there a data limit? If I installed 300 large games, would I fill the internal storage before reaching the 300 file limit? In any case, it seems like the 3DS can hold quite a bit.

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to ask what is probably an idiotic question, but please indulge me.

I understand when you install a cia, you can erase that via from the SD, so this means the file is now stored somewhere internally.

There's a 300 installed game limit, but is there a data limit? If I installed 300 large games, would I fill the internal storage before reaching the 300 file limit? In any case, it seems like the 3DS can hold quite a bit.
It really depends on the size of your sd card and how large the games you're installing are. When you install a game, it goes to your sd card not the 3ds internal storage.

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it stored in the Nintendo 3DS folder? Is it approximately the same size?
All the cias you install to the sd card go into the Nintendo 3ds folder. Do not delete those though. Delete the cia you used to install the game. Basically if it ends in .cia and you've installed it, delete it.

mrchika

Trophies
XP
Country
hello everybody, i have a problem and i need your help !!! I got N3DS CFW region JP, when i installed Fire Emblem Awakening (FE:A) cia file EUR Verison via File Manager. It's never appear gilf boxes until i install NTR Boot and patched it, that game appear and i can play normal. When i turn off N3DS, i must patch that game again :(
The second problem: After i installed FE:A EUR version, i keep installed DLC FE:A EUR region but when i play outreal gates. The notice error is "could not detect an SD card, please download.........." so i cant play dlc map and farm my favourite character :(
Sorry for my english, but i need your help. Thank you so much !!!

weks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello everybody, i have a problem and i need your help !!! I got N3DS CFW region JP, when i installed Fire Emblem Awakening (FE:A) cia file EUR Verison via File Manager. It's never appear gilf boxes until i install NTR Boot and patched it, that game appear and i can play normal. When i turn off N3DS, i must patch that game again :(
The second problem: After i installed FE:A EUR version, i keep installed DLC FE:A EUR region but when i play outreal gates. The notice error is "could not detect an SD card, please download.........." so i cant play dlc map and farm my favourite character :(
Sorry for my english, but i need your help. Thank you so much !!!

What CFW are u using? Reinand? Aureinand? Try updating your cfw to latest version because latest version already has region free cia support, so u dont need to run NTR before running out of region cias..

Temarile

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ A9LH ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have an O3DS XL on 10.7. Where do I start? Do I need to downgrade? is there an entrypoint for 10.7? What's the most fully featured CFW out right now?

If you're on 10.7 you either need the game Cubic Ninja or Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and Power Saves to enter the homebrew launcher. Once you're in homebrew, you can follow https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki to set up everything. The "best" (debatable) CFW is currently AuReiRand with Arm9LoaderHax. The guide has answers to a lot of questions and helps you through setting up step by step.
Be aware though: When you aren't sure to do something, ask on the forums first. Don't do this while being tired. Read very very carefully.
You can always check out this video about A9LH:

(Do stop at the 27th minute, as it has advanced and you don't need to do all that. Just follow Plialects guide.)

Andrew Jacobson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're on 10.7 you either need the game Cubic Ninja or Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and Power Saves to enter the homebrew launcher. Once you're in homebrew, you can follow https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki to set up everything. The "best" (debatable) CFW is currently AuReiRand with Arm9LoaderHax. The guide has answers to a lot of questions and helps you through setting up step by step.
Be aware though: When you aren't sure to do something, ask on the forums first. Don't do this while being tired. Read very very carefully.
You can always check out this video about A9LH:

(Do stop at the 27th minute, as it has advanced and you don't need to do all that. Just follow Plialects guide.)

Would I be able to use a Sky3DS for cubic Ninja Or OOT?

Temarile

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ A9LH ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Would I be able to use a Sky3DS for cubic Ninja Or OOT?

You can indeed use your Sky3DS to boot Cubic Ninja. You can use OoT on your Sky3ds but you'd still need Power Saves or an already hacked 3DS to load the save file on OoT. Honestly, Sky3ds is very expensive (70-90). You're better off with OoT (20-30) and Power Saves (20-30). You can even use your Power Saves for multiple games. You can also use your Sky3DS for multiple games though, but it's "risky" to buy it as it's officially illegal.

You can pick what you like :)

Andrew Jacobson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can indeed use your Sky3DS to boot Cubic Ninja. You can use OoT on your Sky3ds but you'd still need Power Saves or an already hacked 3DS to load the save file on OoT. Honestly, Sky3ds is very expensive (70-90). You're better off with OoT (20-30) and Power Saves (20-30). You can even use your Power Saves for multiple games. You can also use your Sky3DS for multiple games though, but it's "risky" to buy it as it's officially illegal.

You can pick what you like :)

I already own a Sky3DS so that won't be a problem. Sorry for this stupid question but do I need PowerSaves if I'm using Cubic Ninja?

jonthedit

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
First off, Gateway doesn't work on anything >9.2, so launcher.dat would probably do nothing. And to use oothax, you have to have boot.3dsx in the rooting your sd card and the proper save file. I'm not familiar with Gateway, so I'm not certain if the one they give you inject is the same one as what Yellows8 provides. Probably not if it's searching for launcher.dat in your sd card.
What would be the process to downgrade? Everything I have read points to OOT hax working on 9.9- even gateway says anything pre- 10.3 can be used.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    T @ Texasauras: SOLILOQUY