• Replies 53,813
  • Likes 43

FTRBND

Waifu
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
If I recall correctly the guide tells you to create an Emunand backup because I don't think the CIA'S are stored in the Nintendo 3ds folder.
I did create an EmuNAND backup although it doesn't seem to keep installed CIA's since it is only 943MB and I have at least 5GB of CIA's installed. All that space seems to be stored on the sd card.

Temarile

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ A9LH ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I did create an EmuNAND backup although it doesn't seem to keep installed CIA's since it is only 943MB and I have at least 5GB of CIA's installed. All that space seems to be stored on the sd card.

Just back them up both just in case. Backing up stuff is never a bad thing!

NoNoNeko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so when I try to boot Decrypt9 from the HB menu, I just get a red screen and kicked back to the HB menu. I am using AL9Hax on 10.7. Emunand9 also won't boot.

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
I did so. What I'm more worried about is if I'll be able to restore them correctly.
You back up the emunand to a .bin file using decrypt9 or other tool. Then copy the nintendo 3ds folder to your PC. To restore it just copy the folder back than restore the emunand.bin(or whatever u named it).

Reactions: FTRBND

Temarile

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ A9LH ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I did so. What I'm more worried about is if I'll be able to restore them correctly.

You'll be fine if you have the Emunand.bin.

Okay, so when I try to boot Decrypt9 from the HB menu, I just get a red screen and kicked back to the HB menu. I am using AL9Hax on 10.7. Emunand9 also won't boot.

Check if all the needed files are actually on the SD card. Sometimes people accidentally delete a file thus making it dysfunctional.

Reactions: FTRBND

Unessential

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there a way (preferably open source) to dump headers from a cart other than with gateway? I removed my emunand partition from my SD because I thought Uncart would be able to do that for me (and I wanted the extra ~1-2 gb) but it dumped my game without the header. (Gateway can't be run on > FIRM 9.0 right? =( )

Last edited by Unessential,

Aeth-r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys. I was following this guide, and as it said, my n3DS did encounter an error during the downgrading process. The guide states that I should be left with what's called a partial downgrade. When I rebooted my n3DS, it boots to a black screen. What do I need to do to fix this partial downgrade?

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys. I was following this guide, and as it said, my n3DS did encounter an error during the downgrading process. The guide states that I should be left with what's called a partial downgrade. When I rebooted my n3DS, it boots to a black screen. What do I need to do to fix this partial downgrade?
Take out the sd card. Does that fix the black screen?

Reactions: Aeth-r

crinz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

FTRBND

Waifu
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Is there a way to get r4ids.cn gold cards to work with 10.7 using a9lh and aureinand? I want to use Updated SysNAND but the latest r4i gold 3ds firmware supports up to 10.5

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Stop opening pms from @Psionic Roshambo +1