• Replies 53,813
  • Likes 43

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use a different sysupdater if it keeps failing and see if that makes a difference.
just to add to this don't use Safesysupdater
Edit : it has a much higher failure rate than the others and many reported bricks at that

Last edited by wormdood,
Reactions: Just Passing By

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by wormdood,

Aeth-r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Real_Redwolf

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Just a quick question for anybody that might know. I can't seem to find my original, unmodded "hs.app" file. Is having the original "hs.app" file necessary for anything or do I not really need the original?

Baccabechoppin

GBAtemp's Finest Bacca!
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I've been looking at getting A9LH on my N3DS XL but I have a few questions regarding it.
1. If I follow the main guide step by step is there a large chance of bricking? (I know there's always a chance I just want to know how big of one I'll face)
2. Is there any hope of Nintendo patching it out in 10.8? I've thought about waiting until it's released to see if it does.
3. Is a redNAND required? I've already got an emuNAND set up with reiNAND so I don't feel like having to redo another NAND thingy.
4. What are the main precautions I should take before touching the guide?
5. Is setting up A9LH on a N3DS different from setting it up on a O3DS? (I tried with my 2DS but that things had so much done to it that I didn't even bother)

FTRBND

Waifu
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
I've been looking at getting A9LH on my N3DS XL but I have a few questions regarding it.
1. If I follow the main guide step by step is there a large chance of bricking? (I know there's always a chance I just want to know how big of one I'll face)
2. Is there any hope of Nintendo patching it out in 10.8? I've thought about waiting until it's released to see if it does.
3. Is a redNAND required? I've already got an emuNAND set up with reiNAND so I don't feel like having to redo another NAND thingy.
4. What are the main precautions I should take before touching the guide?
5. Is setting up A9LH on a N3DS different from setting it up on a O3DS? (I tried with my 2DS but that things had so much done to it that I didn't even bother)

1. If you follow it step by step and check every single troubleshoot whenever(if) you get stuck, the chances of bricking are almost null
2. A9LH has one of the lowest chances of getting patched as it runs from a very early boot stage.
3. You can just replace every "RedNAND" in the guide with your "ReiNAND". I did the same with AuReiNAND.
4. Most, if not all precautions are already set up in the guide. Every backup and restore will be there if you follow the guide step by step.
5. I'm not sure as I don't have a N3DS but I guess it's the same (except some parts mentioned in the guide)

Aeth-r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now I'm having issues with another section of this tutorial. On this page, step 34. "Reboot back into RedNAND". I formatted RedNAND, rebooted, entered the homebrew launcher with menuhax. When I go to launch Cakes to boot RedNAND, I get a flash of a red screen and then only a black screen.

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now I'm having issues with another section of this tutorial. On this page, step 34. "Reboot back into RedNAND". I formatted RedNAND, rebooted, entered the homebrew launcher with menuhax. When I go to launch Cakes to boot RedNAND, I get a flash of a red screen and then only a black screen.

Try again, sometimes it fails to boot.

Reactions: Aeth-r

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    T @ Texasauras: SOLILOQUY