• Replies 53,776
  • Likes 43

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it has no browser - just did some research on games which require 9.2 and i see super smash brothers 3ds as being one of those carts - can anyone confirm I buy this cart it'll make me upgrade to the 9.2 firmware?
you will still have no browser (game card updates do not include an internet browser . . . and you need one) to install cfw with and then you would need cubic ninja (like 40-60 on ebay) to install cfw
edit: scratch that ninjhax needs the browser
2nd edit: if you are gonna buy a game
fyi the nintendo selects version of tloz oot ($20 usd) + powersaves ($10 usd) works for oothax
buy these things and do a normal update then downgrade

Last edited by wormdood,
Reactions: Arubaro

HotRod11686

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you will still have no browser (game card updates do not include an internet browser . . . and you need one) to install cfw with and then you would need cubic ninja (like 40-60 on ebay) to install cfw
edit: scratch that ninjhax needs the browser
2nd edit: if you are gonna buy a game buy these things and do a normal update then downgrade

ah crud - that would be totally useless either way - is there any method via the R4i flashcart? No way to run unsigned code through there or is it just specifically for nds applications? Just want to exhaust all my options until I upgrade which i may be stuck at since there is no easy methods to downgrade via browser - :( kinda sucks

@wormdood - where can I get these? Ebay?

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ah crud - that would be totally useless either way - is there any method via the R4i flashcart? No way to run unsigned code through there or is it just specifically for nds applications? Just want to exhaust all my options until I upgrade which i may be stuck at since there is no easy methods to downgrade via browser - :( kinda sucks

@wormdood - where can I get these? Ebay?
ebay works . . . so does your local gamestop
edit: ok i will level with you if you have no browser and if your ds mode flashcard works with 3ds fw version 6.x or 4.x then you may use a game that updates to 6.x or 4.x then use a special .nds file on the flashcard to allow you to bypass the fact that you have no browser . . . but i really think updating then downgrading is simpler
2dn edit: sorry i type really slow . . .

Last edited by wormdood,

HotRod11686

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ebay works . . . so does your local gamestop
edit: ok i will level with you if you have no browser and if your ds mode flashcard works with 3ds fw version 6.x or 4.x then you may use a game that updates to 6.x or 4.x then use a special .nds file on the flashcard to allow you to bypass the fact that you have no browser . . . but i really think updating then downgrading is simpler

yes the R4i 3DS RTS Lite flashcart I have does work 100% with my 3DS - I am able to play NDS games without a problem - Does it work on OF 4.x or 6.x is beyond me - I have no clue at this pt - Just know that it works for now -

Powersaves you mean the pro action replay powersaves device right? Where can i find that for 10$? I see it for 25$ at gamestop.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes the R4i 3DS RTS Lite flashcart I have does work 100% with my 3DS - I am able to play NDS games without a problem - Does it work on OF 4.x or 6.x is beyond me - I have no clue at this pt - Just know that it works for now -

Powersaves you mean the pro action replay powersaves device right? Where can i find that for 10$? I see it for 25$ at gamestop.
if you post an image of the flashcard i may be able to tell you what fw's it works with (and if i cant others on gbatemp can)
and i mean powersaves . . . i got one off ebay for ten here is a (random) $16 usd amazon add for one
http://www.amazon.com/Action-Replay-PowerSaves-Pro-Nintendo-3DS/dp/B00IVJ1M7M

Reactions: HotRod11686

HotRod11686

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you post an image of the flashcard i may be able to tell you what fw's it works with (and if i cant others on gbatemp can)
and i mean powersaves . . . i got one off ebay for ten here is a (random) $16 usd amazon add for one
http://www.amazon.com/Action-Replay-PowerSaves-Pro-Nintendo-3DS/dp/B00IVJ1M7M
IMG_20160404_134640.jpg IMG_20160404_134718.jpg

Thanks again for all your help !! :)

Last edited by HotRod11686,

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok looks good go to the website on the r4 card and update the flashcards files (if you have not done so already) that will allow it to work on all fw versions then use this list to find a game that needs 4.x or 6.x buy (rent/steal/borrow) it and use it to update then you can download cfw and install it using mset instead whenever the guide calls for the browser

edit: sorry here is the game list
3DS Releases

Last edited by wormdood,

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I'm having a problem with BGM in CHMM2.

I assumed if you don't want BGM, you can simply erase the two bgm files from the theme. However sometimes a previous theme's BGM will carry over. This happens even if I go into the theme manager and choose no theme. It's as if there is some sort of cache that's not getting cleared.

Is there a solution for this? Maybe some way to clear the cache? Or a blank bgm file?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
ok so i have a O3ds with sysnand firmware 1.1 (yes old as heck)

IS There currently a way for me to be able to somehow manually install the sysnand firmware to 9.2? I do have a R4i 3DS RTS flashcart which works in properly loading up DS games.

Any and all help is appreciated from the looks of it the only method as stated by another user is to use the wifi to upgrade to latest sysnand firmware which is 10.7 which I keep reading a is a B to downgrade b/c you need OOTHax / Ninjhax - of which i do not have access to -

Thanks again
If you want to try to buy the least stuff possible, upgrade to 4.x using a game cart, then you will be able to use sysupdater to upgrade to a fully functional 9.2 where you can use the browser as an exploit. You won't have to buy anything expensive like cubic ninja. This is because exploits on 4.x don't require the browser, you can use a DS flashcart.

Stash23

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) I'm trying to configure CTR to prompt a coldboot straight into Rxtools by setting the Timeout timer to 0. But when I turn on the console, it loads the *hax screen but thereafter stays stuck at a black screen. What's causing this issue?

2) What is Bootfix? (Within CTR boot configuratio menu.)

Rick Astley

The real one !
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi o/ !
I'm back with a little question. I've a 3DS XL (NSMB2 Special Edition) in a 8.X sysnand (don't remember exactly but I don't think it's important right now)
For the moment I don't want to install a CFW because of the fact I want to keep the NSMB2 on my 3DS XL so forget about the "install a CFW" I've already have that on 2 of my 9 3DS.

So, now I wanted to install legit CIA.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-install-legit-cia-files-9-3-10-3.407854/
like this. Simple to do (i've OOThax) but the thing is why it's not working under 9.3 ? No way to be able to install legit cia on my 8.X 3DS ?
This way I don't update it and I can keep the rxtool for later.

Thanks o/

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi o/ !
I'm back with a little question. I've a 3DS XL (NSMB2 Special Edition) in a 8.X sysnand (don't remember exactly but I don't think it's important right now)
For the moment I don't want to install a CFW because of the fact I want to keep the NSMB2 on my 3DS XL so forget about the "install a CFW" I've already have that on 2 of my 9 3DS.

So, now I wanted to install legit CIA.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-install-legit-cia-files-9-3-10-3.407854/
like this. Simple to do (i've OOThax) but the thing is why it's not working under 9.3 ? No way to be able to install legit cia on my 8.X 3DS ?
This way I don't update it and I can keep the rxtool for later.

Thanks o/
I think the problem is that oothax does not work if you don't have at least 9.0 fw in order to run homebrew and use FBI.3dsx to install legit cias.

If you want to install legit cias on 8.X, you would need to... use a CFW like rxtools to inject FBI into your sysnand's H&S and then, install your legit cias.

But FBI is not a legit cia, so you would need to run rxtools sysnand mode every time you want to install a cia

Last edited by Arubaro,
Reactions: Quantumcat

Rick Astley

The real one !
Trophies
XP
Country
oh really ? Didn't know that !
But i still have some possibilty to the HBL right ? (I don't have the stuff for IronHax / SmashHax) And if so I can insall the cia on my O3DS XL (yep an Old didn't mention that in the last post)
Thanks

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
oh really ? Didn't know that !
But i still have some possibilty to the HBL right ? (I don't have the stuff for IronHax / SmashHax) And if so I can insall the cia on my O3DS XL (yep an Old didn't mention that in the last post)
Thanks
I've edited my last post.
The thing is that the current homebrew is only compatible with 9.0+ systems... that means no homebrew at all for older versions.

Rick Astley

The real one !
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry I saw that after my reply OTL
Okay. And I can't update it to 9.0-9.2 with cartidge. And If I update it to the last version (I can see some good points for playing online etc because I've some other 3DS for a CFW) the way to install cia will not work.

So, I've to install rxtools. I can't make any backup of my NSMB ?
And for exemple I install rxtools. I use FBI to install the legit cia on my sysnand (from the emunand) i can delete it after and play my legit cia when I want ?
mmmmmmmmmmmmmh. Really difficult this time T_T

Edit : And even if... I wanted to use the HBL to dump my saves. But if my sysnand is in 8.X I can't to anything. ARG.

Last edited by Rick Astley,

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay. And I can't update it to 9.0-9.2 with cartidge. And If I update it to the last version (I can see some good points for playing online etc because I've some other 3DS for a CFW) the way to install cia will not work.

And for exemple I install rxtools. I use FBI to install the legit cia on my sysnand (from the emunand) i can delete it after and play my legit cia when I want ?

Edit : And even if... I wanted to use the HBL to dump my saves. But if my sysnand is in 8.X I can't to anything. ARG.
Use this to update to 9.2. You shouldn't lose anything.

Reactions: Rick Astley

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country

Yes, the easiest way should be to update to 9.2 using a cartridge and use your oothax to access homebrew (and install menuhax if you wanted).

If you use rxtools to inject FBI into sysnand and use it to install your legit cia, you can delete rxtools and keep playing your legit cia without problem.
But you have to make sure that the game you want to play can be played on your current sysnand version (for example, ironfall needs 9.5 at least to boot).

If you will use rxtools, you better do what @Just Passing By said above

Last edited by Arubaro,

Rick Astley

The real one !
Trophies
XP
Country
I found this guide some weeks ago (but i kept it for another 3DS)
I didn't think about this. Because there's no cartidge to update the way I want sadly :/

So I can simply use this to update to 9.2 and after using HBL and if I want later rxtools ? And moreover with this I can keep my New Super Mario Bros ?

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
I found this guide some weeks ago (but i kept it for another 3DS)
I didn't think about this. Because there's no cartidge to update the way I want sadly :/

So I can simply use this to update to 9.2 and after using HBL and if I want later rxtools ? And moreover with this I can keep my New Super Mario Bros ?
Yes, you can even use browserhax once you update to 9.2 using sysupdater

Reactions: Rick Astley

Rick Astley

The real one !
Trophies
XP
Country
Well for the moment i'll stay with OOTHax because I really want to have my 3DS XL clean / untouched (I'm really strange about that sorry T_T)
But thank you so much for that !
I'll go buy a 16GB SD Card, will update 9.2, install some legit .cia and after I'll see what if I install a new CFW (i don't see the point to have more than one 3DS with rxtools x_x)

Thanks !

Reactions: Arubaro

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: damn