Hacking 3DS NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

• Thread starter Cyan
  • Start date
  • Views 4,460,506
  • Replies 53,774
  • Likes 43
N

NoGamer

Well when I got this sd card it was already configured to run rxtools. So all I did was backup emunand inside rxtools then extracted it out using the emunand tool and now I got this new sd card and I got no idea what to do with jt.

How to move Games, Saves, Themes, and Emunand to a new SD card
  1. Get 3DS Multi EmuNAND Creator
  2. Insert your old SD card in your PC
  3. Open 3DS Multi EmuNAND Creator with Administrator privileges and select "Extract NAND"
  4. Save the EmuNAND backup somewhere on your PC (as [EmuNAND firmware version] emunand.bin if you want)
  5. Wait for the "Operation successfully completed!" message to pop up, then click OK. You now have your EmuNAND backup from your old SD card.
  6. Backup all your SD card files to your PC
  7. Close 3DS Multi EmuNAND Creator and eject your old SD card
  8. Insert your new SD card in your PC
  9. Open 3DS Multi EmuNAND Creator again
  10. Under the Format EmuNAND section, make sure that your new SD card is selected, then click "Start Format"
  11. Select the emunand bin file you made in step 4 and click Open
  12. Click Yes at the warning to start the process
  13. Wait for the green bar to reach the end and the "Operation successfully completed!" message to pop up, then press OK
  14. Close 3DS Multi EmuNAND Creator
  15. Put the SD card files from your old sd card backup (from step 5) on your new SD card
  16. Done, emunand and data (saves, games, etc.) have been transferred to your new SD card!
http://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-rxtools-custom-firmware-3ds-and-2ds.390867/

bas3

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I wonder whether anyone could help me play Fire Emblem IF using Sky3ds+ (orange button) out of region? (JP rom, EU O3DS)

I tried using Homebrew Launcher and HANS (using sysnand 10.3), both had no problem running other US ROMs, but neither even recognizes the ROM when I try to load the FE ROM. I tried several different ROMS from different sites but none of them work.

So I downgraded sysnand to 9.2, installed emunand and Rxtools. Rxtools recognizes the ROM but when I try to load the ROM it gives an error message: "This game card cannot be used."

So I wonder whether anyone can help me or whether there are other options to play FE out of region?

Ankry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Barbados
How can I find out, which version of AuReiNAND is installed on my device? I am using A9LH with updated SysNAND.

And... how can I upgrade AuReiNAND to the latest version?

njaynl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
tommorow i will be getting my ocarina of time 3ds and my datel powersaves... wish me luck getting my otp and cfw :P

Vilelowres

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey im on 9.9u (new 3ds xl hyrule gold) and trying to downgrade to 9.2 using browserhax to menuhax and then sysupdating. I finally after 300 tries or so and lots of research got it to find my files and it started to varify them but i realized i has only half a battery so i decided to plug it in to chaarge and sit. As soon as i plugged it in it gave me an error and went back to the normal ds home screen and when i reboot it with the sd card in all i get is a black screen. Ive tried reverting my sd card to factory default and also tried going back to right after i browserhaxed . It turns on to the basic screen but wont go to menuhax. I set my clock to jan 1st 2000 00:00 and reattempted browserhax but now its no longer working it freezes on the yellow screen. Any clue on what my next step is?

N

NoGamer

If you open system settings do you get a error ? I has a similair issue like u and i was left with a Franken Firmware..

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey im on 9.9u (new 3ds xl hyrule gold) and trying to downgrade to 9.2 using browserhax to menuhax and then sysupdating. I finally after 300 tries or so and lots of research got it to find my files and it started to varify them but i realized i has only half a battery so i decided to plug it in to chaarge and sit. As soon as i plugged it in it gave me an error and went back to the normal ds home screen and when i reboot it with the sd card in all i get is a black screen. Ive tried reverting my sd card to factory default and also tried going back to right after i browserhaxed . It turns on to the basic screen but wont go to menuhax. I set my clock to jan 1st 2000 00:00 and reattempted browserhax but now its no longer working it freezes on the yellow screen. Any clue on what my next step is?
try again
yellow screen means the exploit still works https://github.com/yellows8/3ds_browserhax_common#screen-colors

you can try to reset initial data on the browser setting, or delete webkithax_tmp.bin from the sd card
not sure if this helps but I did this when the browserhax not working and sometimes it then works

fantoboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a N3DS on 9.0.0-20U. I've had the Gateway for a while. I recently used a flashcard that removed my dsprofile exploit. I came here to see how to reinstall it, but now I see all this stuff about menuhax and browserhax. I've been told elsewhere that I can launch gateway mode on power up using menuhax. I would also like to install retroarch in conjunction with the Gateway. Is there a tutorial on how to do that? Or should I start here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/beginners-guide-–-how-to-setup-your-3ds-for-gbatemp.399538/

Last edited by fantoboy,

rody2k6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How to move Games, Saves, Themes, and Emunand to a new SD card
  1. Get 3DS Multi EmuNAND Creator
  2. Insert your old SD card in your PC
  3. Open 3DS Multi EmuNAND Creator with Administrator privileges and select "Extract NAND"
  4. Save the EmuNAND backup somewhere on your PC (as [EmuNAND firmware version] emunand.bin if you want)
  5. Wait for the "Operation successfully completed!" message to pop up, then click OK. You now have your EmuNAND backup from your old SD card.
  6. Backup all your SD card files to your PC
  7. Close 3DS Multi EmuNAND Creator and eject your old SD card
  8. Insert your new SD card in your PC
  9. Open 3DS Multi EmuNAND Creator again
  10. Under the Format EmuNAND section, make sure that your new SD card is selected, then click "Start Format"
  11. Select the emunand bin file you made in step 4 and click Open
  12. Click Yes at the warning to start the process
  13. Wait for the green bar to reach the end and the "Operation successfully completed!" message to pop up, then press OK
  14. Close 3DS Multi EmuNAND Creator
  15. Put the SD card files from your old sd card backup (from step 5) on your new SD card
  16. Done, emunand and data (saves, games, etc.) have been transferred to your new SD card!
http://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-rxtools-custom-firmware-3ds-and-2ds.390867/

Everytime that I click format the program crashes

thedude28

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a N3DS on 9.0.0-20U. I've had the Gateway for a while. I recently used a flashcard that removed my dsprofile exploit. I came here to see how to reinstall it, but now I see all this stuff about menuhax and browserhax. I've been told elsewhere that I can launch gateway mode on power up using menuhax. I would also like to install retroarch in conjunction with the Gateway. Is there a tutorial on how to do that? Or should I start here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/beginners-guide-–-how-to-setup-your-3ds-for-gbatemp.399538/

1. For the DS Exploit, you have to reinstall it every time you use a flash card. The only exception to this is if you stick the DS Exploit.

2. You can launch Gateway through Menuhax.

3. I'm pretty sure Retroarch has a cia that you can install via Gateway.

fantoboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. For the DS Exploit, you have to reinstall it every time you use a flash card. The only exception to this is if you stick the DS Exploit.

2. You can launch Gateway through Menuhax.

3. I'm pretty sure Retroarch has a cia that you can install via Gateway.

Ok thanks. So do I just follow any tutorial to install menuhax? I don't need to adjust what I'm doing to use it with a Gateway?

StrawHat-Luffy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying