• Replies 53,797
  • Likes 43

Marco47

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
A9lh is currently the best exploit. It is launched milliseconds into boot, giving you a 100% bootrate, a fast startup time, and it negates the need for emuNAND. Because the exploit is installed on a low level, you can update your actual sysNAND and still use CFW. There's a guide here with information about A9lh and a tutorial on setting it up. Do note that it is much riskier to set up and much more complicated to set up than previous exploits. I'd recommend to only set it up if you feel very comfortable with modifying the 3DS and, while it doesn't seem to happen too often, are willing to risk potentially bricking your 3DS.

Was the NAND backup made with the Gateway launcher?

No, it was made with EmmuNAND9 :/

FrozenDragon150

Notorious Coffee Drinker
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hello, I have a problem.

I installed arm9loaderhax with aureinand in updated sysnand, but everytime i try to connect to nnid, or anything related, it gives an error.

I also get an error when entering the nnid settings, is there a way to fix without formatting?

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello, I have a problem.

I installed arm9loaderhax with aureinand in updated sysnand, but everytime i try to connect to nnid, or anything related, it gives an error.

I also get an error when entering the nnid settings, is there a way to fix without formatting?
This might help. Follow the For NNID Bans section, but instead of creating a new NNID, just link your old one back to it.

Reactions: FrozenDragon150

BecomingKakiGamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Cias can go online without a cart header as they use the console's header. Not sure about the other questions.

It's good to know it's possible to do the multiplayer with .cia games :D Thank you for your reply!

I haven't found any answer to the inability of taking miiverse screenshot yet. I have tried pausing Theatrhythm Final Fantasy & HM: A New Beginning to try but still unable to get the screenshot.

Cybil99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello guys, I have some noob problems and I hope someone can help me with this.

I'm following this guide and during the OTP verification part, my SD card was broken (it was a new and apparently defective sd card).
Long story short, I copied everything inside that sd card and exchange it with a new one.

I basically just found out that you're supposed to make a backup of that old SD card with the emunand tool thing (which I didnt do, I just copied everything manually, but not using that fancy program), and the problem is I dont have that sd card anymore.

Is there any chance that I can just copy the whole files that I have saved into the new sd card?
If it's not the case, then is there any chance that I can just revert my 3ds back to scratch and do it all over again with the new sd card?

Thank you >.<

mspadam

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
A9lh is currently the best exploit. It is launched milliseconds into boot, giving you a 100% bootrate, a fast startup time, and it negates the need for emuNAND. Because the exploit is installed on a low level, you can update your actual sysNAND and still use CFW. There's a guide here with information about A9lh and a tutorial on setting it up. Do note that it is much riskier to set up and much more complicated to set up than previous exploits. I'd recommend to only set it up if you feel very comfortable with modifying the 3DS and, while it doesn't seem to happen too often, are willing to risk potentially bricking your 3DS.

I came to 3DS modding today as a complete noob and was able to get it installed, so that speaks to how easy it is to get it running. :)

antmedicine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been trying to use my DSTWO + Gateway Mode on My new 3ds Xl. I have installed Reinand and That has been working properly. now I Want Gateway mode to work as well but i always get a black screen and i end up rebooting the system by pressing the power button for like 5 seconds. am i doing something wrong?
I have Launcher.bat in my microsd Card I have tried using the plugin on my dstwo and no luck.

rickpower

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I have been trying to use my DSTWO + Gateway Mode on My new 3ds Xl. I have installed Reinand and That has been working properly. now I Want Gateway mode to work as well but i always get a black screen and i end up rebooting the system by pressing the power button for like 5 seconds. am i doing something wrong?
I have Launcher.bat in my microsd Card I have tried using the plugin on my dstwo and no luck.

welcome to GBATemp.net

Large Leader

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if this is the right place or not, but I need to ask anyways.

I was following the tutorial to have rxtools set up on your 3ds along with unlinking nands. I put bigbluemenu on my h&s and then unlinked my nand. I found out a couple of minutes later that h&s was missing and to get it back I'd need to use my backup nand.bin. oddly enough. When I created the nand backup I didn't get a nand.bin file created anywhere. If it helps at all, I made sure to create separate backups of my 3ds SD card at different points of the tutorial (have 3 folders made full of what was originally in the SD card).

Is there anything I can do?

N

NoGamer

Not sure if this is the right place or not, but I need to ask anyways.

I was following the tutorial to have rxtools set up on your 3ds along with unlinking nands. I put bigbluemenu on my h&s and then unlinked my nand. I found out a couple of minutes later that h&s was missing and to get it back I'd need to use my backup nand.bin. oddly enough. When I created the nand backup I didn't get a nand.bin file created anywhere. If it helps at all, I made sure to create separate backups of my 3ds SD card at different points of the tutorial (have 3 folders made full of what was originally in the SD card).

Is there anything I can do?

Just redo section 4 and you will have BBM back.

Section 4 - Installing a CIA Installer :mthr:

Adapted from this thread (thanks @d0k3 and co.!)
Please visit that thread if you have any issues with this section.
  1. In the web browser, go to go.gateway-3ds.com to launch Decrypt9WIP again.
    • Alternatively, you can scan this QR code.
    • If you are using the Homebrew Launcher, simply launch Decrypt9WIP from there.
  2. Navigate to SysNAND Options and then Health&Safety Dump. Leave the name as hs.app and press A. Let the process finish.
  3. When it is done, "Press B to return" to the Decrypt9 menu.
  4. Press SELECT to unmount your SD card (so you can eject it without turning off your 3DS).
  5. Remove your SD card and insert it into your PC.
  6. Go back to the 3DSCFWKIT folder and open the Tools folder.
  7. Open the Universal-Inject-Generator folder.
  8. Find the hs.app file on your SD and copy it to the Input folder that is inside the Universal-Inject-Generator folder. There will be a BigBlueMenu.cia already in there.
  9. Run go.bat. If there are no issues, you will find that there are two inject-ready .app files in the Universal-Inject-Generator folder.
  10. To finally inject BigBlueMenu into SysNAND, take the BigBlueMenu_inject_with_banner.app file and place it on your SD card.
  11. Insert your SD card back into your 3DS, then "Press B to return".
  12. Choose Health&Safety Inject and select the file BigBlueMenu-with-banner.app; you may have to press Dpad Down to select it. Don't worry, it's not as dangerous as you may think. Just enter the button combo and let it do its thing.
  13. When it is done, simply "press START to reboot" your console.
  14. When you are in the 3DS home menu again, launch the eShop application.
  15. When you get the message "A system update is available! ...", press Cancel, then press HOME to exit back to the HOME menu. Then press Close to close the eShop.
  16. Now, launch the rxTools menu (hold L as rxTools is booting), and boot RXMODE SysNAND.
    • You will be booted to what appears to be regular SysNAND. If you have Menuhax installed, you must hold R so that Menuhax will not load.
    • Navigate to the Health & Safety app and it should now be the BigBlueMenu app (Title Manager)!
    • If you notice any black "boxes" in your home menu, ignore them for now! It will not cause any issues.
  17. Launch BigBlueMenu/Title Manager.
  18. Go to the SDMC tab to view your SD card files.
  19. Navigate to the CIAs folder and install/import DevMenu_2x.cia and old3DS.AGB_FIRM.Patch.cia (if this one doesn't let you install, you can use the DevMenu app to install it)
  20. You just installed your first CIAs!

https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-rxtools-custom-firmware-3ds-and-2ds.390867/

Reactions: d0k3

emuashui

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Tried various region free methods, all failed running retail game. So tired.

1. Methods tried: Region Three, Region Four, Hans, Free Multi Patcher, [another older cia, name forgotten].

2. Symptom: game cards (US) being loaded 2 seconds then freezed, hanged. The same game cards can load successfully on another US new3dsXL.

3. System: old3dsLL(J) 9.2 both SysNAND and EmuNAND, can run rxtools rx-S, rxtools rx-E, PasteCFW, not yet successfully installed Cakes.

Thanks for any Advice Help Insights!

Last edited by emuashui,

OscarOses

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
hi, i'm completely lost. cant remember the last time i messed with my 3ds, but bravely second is out and i wanna play it. i have a gateway 3ds flash cart. so i was trying to install emunand, cause i didnt have it before. im currently on 9.2.0-20U. i put the put the corresponding files in the micro sd card and regular sd card after formating them and started my ds. when i click on the game (deep labyrinth) it goes into black screen and i get error message: "an error has occurred. press and hold the power button to turn system off. please refer to the operations manual for details." can someone help me out? i looked around all day yesterday trying to figure this out, but i cant.

StrawHat-Luffy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
What will happen if i change a theme on Emunand (i installed coldboot, the menuhax thing), i tried CCH manager thing but i don't the have the dspfirm.cdc thing (idk how i should dump it)

N

NoGamer

@OscarOses So you have the emuNAND working or not, your question is not so clear. So the game i a CIA or 3ds file, i don't have a flashcard so i don't know the supported file types.

Anyway, better just install rxTools (or other CFW of choise) and get emuNAND, install a CIA of the game and just run that on emuNAND 10.7 and try to use the correct regio of the game.

Last edited by ,

OscarOses

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
i dont have emunand working. thats what im trying to get working so i can get a system update to play the newer games. the file is cia. gateway supports 3ds and cia files.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Shhhhhh. Don't say Bananas. JM will get horny again :mellow:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Oh God no :ohnoes:
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pineapple is the safe word?
    But you said pine apple...
    Ughh gonna be bored today, class for new job has a lot of networking material and I'm certified in that already...
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Peen apple.
    +1
    "pine unf apple" doesn't count! Lol
    Employee code of conduct videos are awesome!!! Did you know eating the other employees is bad? I didn't know... Lol
    +1
    Anymore males there? :blush:
    All of us lol
    I got free every channel so that's awesome lol
    +1
    Give me ALL the gay pron channels, since you won't be watching them :blush::D
    +1
    Lol they exist?
    +1
    Hmmm so Mario Does Luigi's plumbing is a bad movie? Lol
    These videos are soooo dry
    Please click all suspicious links sent your email
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What to do today? Cut grass for 3-4 hours, or just get drunk and play video games... Hmm
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I need a remote controlled mower, so I can sit on the couch and do both.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sounds good to me, video games and booze it is then.
    +1
  • denpafan @ denpafan:
    Good choice
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Now what to play, Starfield or Fallout4. And what to drink, beer or Whiskey and Coke. Such tough decisions.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Now what to play, Starfield or Fallout4. And what to drink, beer or Whiskey and Coke. Such tough...