• Views 4,475,678
  • Replies 53,777
  • Likes 43

koyuki38

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I got Rxtools to work but I can't use emunand as it goes black when ever I press Y...

SO, you are trying to settup exmunand with rxTools.
I don't know exactly how to proceed, since i used a gateway to create the emunand, then i just add rxTools. Try to find a guide about installing rxTools with emunand without flash cart.

How would I go about making my own GBA VC? I heard it doesnt work with GW emuNAND as of yet - is that true?

As far as i know, it works with GW. At least it worked when i was on GW emunand 10.3. I've not tried et on 10.5.
tutorial : https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-agb_firm-signature-patcher-gba-rom-converter.390313/

You'll have to install a specific CIA into your SYSnand.
Then you'll have to install the GBA game (previously converted as CIA using Simple GBA Converter) into your SYSnand.
In order to play the game on emunand, you'll have to install the same gba cia game into the EMUnand.

Make sure you understand everything you do.

plasma

GBAtemp's Artificial Lifeform
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
SO, you are trying to settup exmunand with rxTools.
I don't know exactly how to proceed, since i used a gateway to create the emunand, then i just add rxTools. Try to find a guide about installing rxTools with emunand without flash cart.

As far as i know, it works with GW. At least it worked when i was on GW emunand 10.3. I've not tried et on 10.5.
tutorial : https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-agb_firm-signature-patcher-gba-rom-converter.390313/

You'll have to install a specific CIA into your SYSnand.
Then you'll have to install the GBA game (previously converted as CIA using Simple GBA Converter) into your SYSnand.
In order to play the game on emunand, you'll have to install the same gba cia game into the EMUnand.

Make sure you understand everything you do.
Oh I understand how to do it, but isnt that for linked nands? Mine are unlinked.

koyuki38

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Oh I understand how to do it, but isnt that for linked nands? Mine are unlinked.

My nands are unlinked too and it works. Make sure to install everything correctly.

If i remember :
- install the patched specific cia to sysnand, using an injected CIA manager in H&S app. Destination Nand
- install the gba.cia game to sysnand using the same injected CIA manager.
- install the gba.cia game to emunand using a regular cia manager running on emunand

about the game destination, i don't remember if it's SD or NAND.
Let's says it's SD and see if it works.
Edit : https://gbatemp.net/threads/installing-older-games-gba-cias.404263/
this one says to install gba.cia on destination SD.

I'm gonna try after work and let you know if it works

koyuki38

Trophies
XP
Country
France
if you have reformated your sd card, your emunand is probably wiped out too.

You'll have to recreate it from scratch i guess.

What method did you use in Nov 2015 ?

koyuki38

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes, you can do that.

But go on gateway official site to get a more recent version of the launcher.
You might also find a more recent version of rxTools.

Also the guid says to update emunand, but it's probably better to unlink emuNand and sysNand before.
To unlink emunand and sysNand, format the one you want.

Last edited by koyuki38,

circlepit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
old3DS FW 4.4
Emunand 9.9
Gateway

3.6 supports switching to classic mode from GW mode. If i select Classic 7.x + (for Pokemon X retail card) and exit the menu with B, what i guess should save the selected option, it doesnt save it.
Relaunch the menu and it says "classic sysnand".
I tried to start a new game on pokemon from booting into classic mode from the gateway menu (not the multirom menu), and i cant continue it in classic mode by switching from the GW mode.
Whats wrong?

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys,

I am trying to get a 3ds xl (with rxtools working), I have an old 3ds (with rxtools too) is possible to transfer the NNID from my old 3ds to the xl?
If so, how can I do this? Throught normal system transfer?

Thanks
Yes, do a emuNAND to emuNAND system transfer.

Hello, just bought a new 3ds and was wondering which flashcart I should buy to play 3ds roms without any region lock (online features are not necessary). Instructions on where and how to install may be required as I am totally new to this (I live in Australia if that makes any difference).

It's ver. 10.5.0-30E; which in hindsight, was probably not the best idea to update... :(

Cheers in advance!
You have two options. A Sky3DS+ or install a hardmod and downgrade to 10.3 via hardmod, then downgrade to 9.2.

If I were to get a dlc cia for smash would I be able to play online with it being used in game?
Yes, you can play with the DLC online.

Kvoth

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, I'm going to update to 9.2 and I found "9.2 modified update packs (without DS-whitelist update, TWL-firm update, MSET update, AGB-firm update)" Should I update with this modified update or just normal one? whats the difference for someone who doesn't know what these things mean?
Thanks in advance :)

koyuki38

Trophies
XP
Country
France
hey, i guess i need help on something

Some time ago i injected FBI into H&S under sysNand on an Old3DS, using rxTools feature.

I'm trying to do the same on my N3DS but i can't check the tmd and app files with rxTools.
When i check tmd files it only says :
"Completed
Region : Europe
A to continue"
But it doesn't give me the version number ;-;

What i'm trying to achieve is to install the patched AGB_FIRM cia in order to install GBA VC games.
injecting FBI in sysNand is the only method i know that allows me to install cia undersysnand.

Currently, i just need help in "How to install CIA on sysNand".

Help plz.

Last edited by koyuki38,

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey, I'm going to update to 9.2 and I found "9.2 modified update packs (without DS-whitelist update, TWL-firm update, MSET update, AGB-firm update)" Should I update with this modified update or just normal one? whats the difference for someone who doesn't know what these things mean?
Thanks in advance :)
Go with the normal one. I've heard that the modified one updates to 9.0, not 9.2. Everything can be installed manually if you need it.

The DS whitelist allows DS flashcarts that worked on the 3DS on release, but were blocked through an update to work again. TWL firm is used for DSiWare games. The MSET is the 3DS settings downgraded to the settings of 4.X firmware, so the MSET exploit can be used on later firmwares. AGB Firm allows you to play GBA VC games.

Reactions: Kvoth

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu