• Views 4,462,152
  • Replies 53,774
  • Likes 43

N64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Recently downgraded emunand TWL_FIRM to allow blocked flashcarts to play on my n3ds.
I have a SC DS ONEi, and a DSTWO (not plus).
I've found the DS ONEi is a bit difficult to insert and remove in the cartridge slot (weird, since it fits fine in the DSL), so I'm thinking to continue using the dstwo. However DStwo, with its onboard cpu, drains battery life pretty quickly.

1) Is there a way to adapt the DSONEi to fit properly in the cartridge slot?
2) Is there a way to turn OFF the onboard CPU on the DSTWO? I only plan to use it for NDS
3) If neither of the above are possible, what's a great alternative to pick up for the 3ds? I only want NDS compatibility and a good fit in the cartridge slot.

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
Unfortunately, I think once you get that message on the O3DS you're out of luck for Browserhax. You could try formatting the 3DS, but I'm not sure that it would even work and you'd lose all of your saves, etc.... Otherwise, you'll need to use a different hax to get into the HBL.

You can't technically. But, If you have the original elf file that was used to create the 3dsx, in ctrulib you can build it as a 3ds or cia file I believe.

Yes, you can downgrade, set up emuNAND and do a system transfer from the sysNAND of the other N3DS to the emuNAND of the CFW N3DS.

Yes, you will still be able to use Miiverse on emuNAND.

Thank you!~

Amapola62

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Can someone remind me of the button combo to press to get back to the homebrew launcher menu when playing a game through HANS ?

zoroarkrules25

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So quick question, is there any way to run homebrew more efficiently?

I am using browserhax, but sometimes it takes 2 minutes, other 2 hours for the exploit to work and bring me to the menu Is there any method of homebrew that works more often? Or is there someway I can grantee better results?

thedude28

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So quick question, is there any way to run homebrew more efficiently?

I am using browserhax, but sometimes it takes 2 minutes, other 2 hours for the exploit to work and bring me to the menu Is there any method of homebrew that works more often? Or is there someway I can grantee better results?

Have you tried Menuhax yet?

asboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, you can downgrade, set up emuNAND and do a system transfer from the sysNAND of the other N3DS to the emuNAND of the CFW N3DS.

Yes, you will still be able to use Miiverse on emuNAND.

Thanks but could I access Miiverse even with software that isn't registered to my eShop account? Would that result in ban?

sketchyfood

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I boot hb launcher cia it boots me into ctrl boot manager menu. Is there a way I can get the cia to launch into hb launcher without messing with ctrl boot manager? I like having it load up when I start my 3ds so I can choose between Reinand and Cakes. US N3ds 10.5 emunand.

Also, if I'm playing a J region game, is it possible for me to buy Japanese dlc without owning a Japanese 3ds? I have one game about to be delivered and I'm just curious.

Planeshifter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
[QUESTION]
I don't know if this has been answered, but can I use an EURopean 3ds on 4.X version to extract the header of an US game cartridge?
If not, what do I need to do?

AKA-Link77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the first 3DS XL (old3DS XL) on 9.5U. Can I downgrade? Also, when tuts just mention o3DS, that includes the XL too right??

N64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the first 3DS XL (old3DS XL) on 9.5U. Can I downgrade? Also, when tuts just mention o3DS, that includes the XL too right??

Yes you can. Just need the right firmware pack from that iSo site, and safesysupdater. You might need to run it multiple times (I had an o3dsxl that ran into a problem, seems common) so make sure you have a hax entry point like CN or OOT3d with powersaves

Reactions: AKA-Link77

thedude28

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When I boot hb launcher cia it boots me into ctrl boot manager menu. Is there a way I can get the cia to launch into hb launcher without messing with ctrl boot manager? I like having it load up when I start my 3ds so I can choose between Reinand and Cakes. US N3ds 10.5 emunand.

Also, if I'm playing a J region game, is it possible for me to buy Japanese dlc without owning a Japanese 3ds? I have one game about to be delivered and I'm just curious.

I forgot how to deal with the HBL cia issue.

But with the Japanese DLC issue, no. Only japanese 3DS can access JPN eshop to buy JPN stuff.

AKA-Link77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes you can. Just need the right firmware pack from that iSo site, and safesysupdater. You might need to run it multiple times (I had an o3dsxl that ran into a problem, seems common) so make sure you have a hax entry point like CN or OOT3d with powersaves

Okay, thanks

Mekka-latte

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a New 3DS XL with the latest firmware. I don't care about flashing 3DS games at this point, but I would like to play DS games on it using a flashcard.

I still have my old Acekard 2, although I lost my DS Lite. I could presumably just buy a used DSL and go on with my life, but I suppose I just like the idea of playing on the bigger screen of the N3DS XL, especially if it turns out to be a cheaper option.

What's my best bet for a flash card?

Owl Whiskey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I have a kinda "nooby" question. Does running emunand drain the battery faster? I have an O3DS XL with rx10.5 emunand and 9.2 sysnand and it seems that ever since I installed CFW my battery dies quicker. If there is a solution please share it with me.

Cordell507

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! I just bought a New 3DS XL on ebay. I'm not sure what FW will come on it, here is the product page.http://www.ebay.com/itm/301871609211?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

I understand that if it comes with 10.3 im good because i can downgrade it to 9.2 and load CFW to play games but if it's above then I'll need a flashcart. From what I can tell Sky3DS+ is really my only option. I have a few questions about it though.

1.Where is the most reputable place to buy sky3ds+. Peachds seamed like the best but their product link is dead and every other seller looks quite sketchy.

2.Can I play games online/download DLC without getting banned. I saw a few reddit threads saying that it is necessary to fake headers to avoid online bans but I also saw that nintendo apparently stopped giving bans a while ago and kind of gave up on banning people.

3.What are my other possible options/what else should I be aware of?

Athan17

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello! I just bought a New 3DS XL on ebay. I'm not sure what FW will come on it, here is the product page.http://www.ebay.com/itm/301871609211?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

I understand that if it comes with 10.3 im good because i can downgrade it to 9.2 and load CFW to play games but if it's above then I'll need a flashcart. From what I can tell Sky3DS+ is really my only option. I have a few questions about it though.

1.Where is the most reputable place to buy sky3ds+. Peachds seamed like the best but their product link is dead and every other seller looks quite sketchy.

2.Can I play games online/download DLC without getting banned. I saw a few reddit threads saying that it is necessary to fake headers to avoid online bans but I also saw that nintendo apparently stopped giving bans a while ago and kind of gave up on banning people.

3.What are my other possible options/what else should I be aware of?

1. bought mine at modchipsdirect.
2. with sky3ds+, if you have your own cart, you can extract the its header file and its pretty easy to add private headers because sky3ds+ makes a .cfg file on each games and you can add it directly(unlike sky3ds blue button), check their website.
3. sky3ds CANNOT run edited 3ds roms and .cia such as DLCs. you need a clean roms for sky3ds+. luckily, you can add cubic ninja to run ninjhax to run HANS for regionfree gaming.

note: no DLCs for sky3ds+. you have to buy DLCs through eshop.

Last edited by Athan17,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi