• Views 4,518,890
  • Replies 53,797
  • Likes 43

MissingNo._

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have recently fixed up my old 3DS for emuNAND on the latest system version (10.5) using rxTools. I redownloaded my eShop copy of Alpha Sapphire (version 1.4) to emuNAND, but upon booting, it freezes when trying to create a new save data. I have attempted to place in my old save file from before I downgraded my system for emuNAND using various tools (SaveDataFiler, save_manager, svdt), but it refuses to load this as well, attempting to create a new save data anyways. Is this a problem most users have? Is there some special way to use the tools I described to avoid this problem? Thanks in advance.

DigitalDeviant

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've been away from the 3DS hacking scene for quite some time. Does it still make sense to keep my mint condition 3DS Xl at 4.5 or can I update it via pokemon x or smash Bros so I can play those original carts and use the gateway card?

Edit: I mean update so I can play pokemon x and smash Bros and then at some point update so I can use gateway.

Last edited by DigitalDeviant,

thedude28

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've been away from the 3DS hacking scene for quite some time. Does it still make sense to keep my mint condition 3DS Xl at 4.5 or can I update it via pokemon x or smash Bros so I can play those original carts and use the gateway card?

No you should update to 9.0 - 9.2, as you can now coldboot into emunand.

PKSYHR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have a O3DS at a OFW of 7.1.0-16U. Is there a way I can upgrade it to 9.2.0-20U? I've already locked it using a DNS server and no update messages have come. Would I have to install a CFW and then install 9.2.0-20U? Or is there another way without spending money?

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How do I update to 9.0 - 9.2? I think those fw are no longer available via WiFi download.
So I have a O3DS at a OFW of 7.1.0-16U. Is there a way I can upgrade it to 9.2.0-20U? I've already locked it using a DNS server and no update messages have come. Would I have to install a CFW and then install 9.2.0-20U? Or is there another way without spending money?
There's a section on updating to 9.2 in this rxTools guide.

koyuki38

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey

Is it possible that unlinked nands link themselve ?

I have resetted all my emunand of my new 3DS from scratch today. I unlinked them by formating emunand under system settings of N3DS, then i performed a Nand resoration using emunandTools
I guess it worked because i was able to boot several times on emunand without having to unpack all cia and eshop games.

Unfortunately, i wasn't able to install theme on emunand using CHMM2. After many reboots, it appears that all cia and eshop games are now packed when i boot on emunand, as if nands were linked.
what the lol happened ?

And now that i'm writting this post, they are unpacked when i boot. wtf ;-;

so, how am i sure that my nands are unlinked and if the subfolder in Nintendo3DS folder is not a garbage folder that wasn't wiped or used correctly ?
Are we sure that emunandTools restore the emunand correctly when we unlink nands ?

Last edited by koyuki38,

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey

Is it possible that unlinked nands link themselve ?

I have resetted all my emunand of my new 3DS from scratch today. I unlinked them by formating emunand under system settings of N3DS, then i performed a Nand resoration using emunandTools
I guess it worked because i was able to boot several times on emunand without having to unpack all cia and eshop games.

Unfortunately, i wasn't able to install theme on emunand using CHMM2. After many reboots, it appears that all cia and eshop games are now packed when i boot on emunand, as if nands were linked.
what the lol happened ?

And now that i'm writting this post, they are unpacked when i boot. wtf ;-;

so, how am i sure that my nands are unlinked and if the subfolder in Nintendo3DS folder is not a garbage folder that wasn't wiped or used correctly ?
Are we sure that emunandTools restore the emunand correctly when we unlink nands ?
If you restored an emuNAND backup from when the NANDs were linked, they will be linked again. Format sysNAND with the SD card out to unlink the NANDs properly. The easiest way to verify that they're unlinked is to change the them of one of the NANDs. If it doesn't change to that theme on the other NAND, they're unlinked.

koyuki38

Trophies
XP
Country
France
classic theme or custom theme ?

Edit : I'm a little bit lost with all my files and emunand back up.
I don't remember if nands were linked when i backed up emunand.
Let's say they are linked, i guess.

So, i formatted emunand, then no restoration, and now it's ok.

Well, i guess the only solution left is to format sysNand, but i want to keep it safe as it has friend code, nnid and stuff ;-;
I'm trying to get same friend code and stuff on sys and emu nands while they are unlinked.

But i guess i'll just deal with my new code on emunand

Last edited by koyuki38,

SkyDX

Anime Signature Creator, PM me if you want one! :)
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Quick question, I'm helping a friend out to downgrade his 2DS which is currently running FW 9.9. He never used the Internet Browser before and I made him setup TubeHax DNS before turning on his wireless switch. Yet when he is scanning the Browserhax QR code he gets a message "The Internet Browser isn't available at this time" Is he screwed without OOT or CubicNinja? :/

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
classic theme or custom theme ?

Edit : I'm a little bit lost with all my files and emunand back up.
I don't remember if nands were linked when i backed up emunand.
Let's say they are linked, i guess.

So, i formatted emunand, then no restoration, and now it's ok.

Well, i guess the only solution left is to format sysNand, but i want to keep it safe as it has friend code, nnid and stuff ;-;
I'm trying to get same friend code and stuff on sys and emu nands while they are unlinked.

But i guess i'll just deal with my new code on emunand
There's another option, before you do that. Inject a sysNAND backup to emuNAND. After that, remove the SD card and format sysNAND. Your old Friend Code will now be linked to emuNAND. You don't need to format emuNAND at any point after it's been created; just format sysNAND with the SD card out of the 3DS.

Quick question, I'm helping a friend out to downgrade his 2DS which is currently running FW 9.9. He never used the Internet Browser before and I made him setup TubeHax DNS before turning on his wireless switch. Yet when he is scanning the Browserhax QR code he gets a message "The Internet Browser isn't available at this time" Is he screwed without OOT or CubicNinja? :/
Unfortunately, once you've got that message on the browser, Browserhax is no longer an option for the O3DS. Your friend's options will be limited to Cubic Ninja, Ocarina of Time and Smash Bros. for getting into the Homebrew Launcher.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately, once you've got that message on the browser, Browserhax is no longer an option for the O3DS. Your friend's options will be limited to Cubic Ninja, Ocarina of Time and Smash Bros. for getting into the Homebrew Launcher.
smashbroshax is n3ds only this is a 2ds

Reactions: BobDoleOwndU

SkyDX

Anime Signature Creator, PM me if you want one! :)
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Alright thanks for clearing that up! That's no problem I can set a Ocarina of Time Save for him no problem but I really wonder how he caught that message. Just 20 minutes ago we went through the initial web-browser setup with his WiFi disabled so the browser was definitely never used before. Then we backed out, entered the TubeHax DNS and only then even set up a WiFi connection before we went back into the browser o.o

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huh, I didn't know that. Well, that kinda sucks for O3DS users.
yup here is an exert from the github
Usage
Remember to always broadcast the beacon on the same channel as specified in the beacon itself(channel 6 with the default pcap base). The following data must not be changed in the beacon frame while it's being sent: host/BSSID MAC addresses, and all of the beacon tags. The MAC address with the default base pcap is: 59:ee:3f:2a:37:e0.

The built beacon-hax pcaps are located under "pcap_out/". In the filenames, "vXYZ" means game-version "vX.Y.Z". Full-game filenames for USA include "gameusa", while the other regions filenames include "gameother".

One way to send the beacon is with aireplay-ng, however that requires a patch, see aireplay-ng.patch. For example, to send the beacon with aireplay-ng(the wifi interface must already be in monitor mode + be on the correct channel): aireplay-ng --interactive -r {beaconpcap_path} -h {host mac from pcap} -x 10 {wifi interface}

This can be used with the homebrew-launcher otherapp payload. However, doing so is New3DS-only, at the time of writing(it's unknown whether Old3DS could even be supported under the *hax payload with Smash).

Reactions: BobDoleOwndU

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/5uh_m4VgTY4