• Views 4,499,531
  • Replies 53,793
  • Likes 43

Pheinte

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I have N3DS with CFW RxTools and 9.2 emunand.
I want to update the emunand to 10.5.

How can i do it?
I would have to update it RxTools i believe, but i don't know how to do it.
And do you still think RxTools is the best CFW or should i change it to a different one?

If possible tell me a tutorial to follow.

Athan17

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have N3DS with CFW RxTools and 9.2 emunand.
I want to update the emunand to 10.5.

How can i do it?
I would have to update it RxTools i believe, but i don't know how to do it.
And do you still think RxTools is the best CFW or should i change it to a different one?

If possible tell me a tutorial to follow.
for N3DS, i suggest you switch to ReiNAND.

democracy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question; i have a New 3ds XL on 9.0.0.28U. I see now more development for 9.2, is there any benift to upgrading sysnand to 9.2?

Athan17

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Quick question; i have a New 3ds XL on 9.0.0.28U. I see now more development for 9.2, is there any benift to upgrading sysnand to 9.2?
i dont see why you need to update until 9.2 because in my point of view, its the same, themehax works on 9.0, the only thing we need to coldboot into emunand.

Reactions: democracy

Kvoth

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, I'm on 9.2 sysnand and 10.5 emunand and I'm using menuhax to coldboot emunand and I was wondering if there are some features of console that I shouldn't use like I heard that eshop can give give you update to your sysnand even though you're on emunand?
Can I use online features of games without problem?
I also got an information that there is software update when I first launched pokemon omega ruby, can I update without a problem or should I just cancel that everytime?
Thanks in advance!

edit: also about the bans talked about post above, how can you get banned? what should i avoid?

Last edited by Kvoth,

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey, I'm on 9.2 sysnand and 10.5 emunand and I'm using menuhax to coldboot emunand and I was wondering if there are some features of console that I shouldn't use like I heard that eshop can give give you update to your sysnand even though you're on emunand?
Can I use online features of games without problem?
I also got an information that there is software update when I first launched pokemon omega ruby, can I update without a problem or should I just cancel that everytime?
Thanks in advance!

edit: also about the bans talked about post above, how can you get banned? what should i avoid?
You can use all of the 3DS's features without issue. The only thing you should do is ALWAYS perform system updates through the system settings. Other than that, you're fine to use whatever features you want.

Game updates are safe to install through the eShop.

Can I use two entry point so I don't have to keep deleting my save file for cubic ninja?
Yes, you can have multiple entrypoints for different CFWs at once. You can use Browserhax (or the Spider exploit if you're using an O3DS), Menuhax, Cubic Ninja, Ocarina of Time, and the MSET exploit as entrypoints.

rickpower

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
alright i hope someone help..so i have reinand installed on 9.0 and most roms i find are .3ds and every tutorial uses rxtools for .xorpad for convert method, is there any possible way for me on reinand to convert .3ds to .cia

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

wow my first post ,wish me luck too

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
alright i hope someone help..so i have reinand installed on 9.0 and most roms i find are .3ds and every tutorial uses rxtools for .xorpad for convert method, is there any possible way for me on reinand to convert .3ds to .cia

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

wow my first post ,wish me luck too
Decrypt9 can generate the xorpads as well. Just use that with Riku's Simple CIA Converter to convert the rom to a cia.

koyuki38

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Question about restoring emuNand using emunandTools.

Few days ago i created emuNand on my new 3DS xl. I unlinked nands (formatting emuNand) while performing an emuNand back up of 9.2 before.
After that i updated emuNand to 10.5.

As i lost some info like Friend code, can i restore the 9.2 emunand i backed up, or won't the version match (back up 9.2, emuNand 10.5).
In case it's possible, Will this break the NNID link to emuNand ?

context : my NNID was linked to emuNand when i created it (sysNand 'inheritance'), but it didn't work before i formatted the emunand and relinked it. NNID now works (access eshop etc), but i don't know if restoring emunand will break this link or not).

my goal is to have 10.5 emunand that has the same NNID and friend code as the sysNand i used to create it.
In case i can't restore Emunandwith my 9.2 back up, will this work :
- back up SD card
- Format SD card
- Create EmunandEmunand(NNID should be set up on Emunand and Emunand Should have same friend code as sysNand if i am right)
- back up Emunand using emunandTools
- Unlink nands (formatting emunand)
- init Emunand, link NNID
- restore emunand using emunandTools
- restore SD card files (but not the Nintendo3DS Folder)

Last edited by koyuki38,

Perska

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Shouldn't video capture be possible without a capture card? I mean, you can already take screenshots with NTR CFW, so wouldn't video capture be possible? Even if you had to suffer with low framerates it could be possible, right?

TheDarkGreninja

Listening to a song ad nauseam
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok heres my predicament, I'm planning on formatting my 3DS but I dont want lose my Save data of my eshop games. I know that the Nand applies its own private ID so couldnt i literally just change the id's of the ID1 and ID2 to get my data back?

Edit:If there's any links to any software that could help please tell me.

Last edited by TheDarkGreninja,

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Question about restoring emuNand using emunandTools.

Few days ago i created emuNand on my new 3DS xl. I unlinked nands (formatting emuNand) while performing an emuNand back up of 9.2 before.
After that i updated emuNand to 10.5.

As i lost some info like Friend code, can i restore the 9.2 emunand i backed up, or won't the version match (back up 9.2, emuNand 10.5).
In case it's possible, Will this break the NNID link to emuNand ?

context : my NNID was linked to emuNand when i created it (sysNand 'inheritance'), but it didn't work before i formatted the emunand and relinked it. NNID now works (access eshop etc), but i don't know if restoring emunand will break this link or not).

my goal is to have 10.5 emunand that has the same NNID and friend code as the sysNand i used to create it.
In case i can't restore Emunandwith my 9.2 back up, will this work :
- back up SD card
- Format SD card
- Create EmunandEmunand(NNID should be set up on Emunand and Emunand Should have same friend code as sysNand if i am right)
- back up Emunand using emunandTools
- Unlink nands (formatting emunand)
- init Emunand, link NNID
- restore emunand using emunandTools
- restore SD card files (but not the Nintendo3DS Folder)
Yes, you can restore the 9.2 backup to link your NNID to emuNAND. I'd suggest formatting sysNAND when unlinking, that way, you still have access to everything on emuNAND.

Shouldn't video capture be possible without a capture card? I mean, you can already take screenshots with NTR CFW, so wouldn't video capture be possible? Even if you had to suffer with low framerates it could be possible, right?
It's not really feasible. Even if the 3DS didn't suffer harsh framerate drops, the only place you'd be able to save the video to is the SD card. Writing to SD cards is very slow, probably too slow for video recording. Besides that, SD cards don't really have a lot of storage space. A decent length video could eat your entire storage space.

Ok heres my predicament, I'm planning on formatting my 3DS but I dont want lose my Save data of my eshop games. I know that the Nand applies its own private ID so couldnt i literally just change the id's of the ID1 and ID2 to get my data back?

Edit:If there's any links to any software that could help please tell me.
You can use SaveDataFiler or SVDT to extract the saves from your games, then after formatting, use the same tool to import them back. Changing the ID of the folder after formatting won't do anything. The savedata is encrypted with a key unique to the NAND ID. Once you format, that unique key is gone, replaced by a new key, and any data that was encrypted with the old key is permanently inaccessible.

TheDarkGreninja

Listening to a song ad nauseam
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You can use SaveDataFiler or SVDT to extract the saves from your games, then after formatting, use the same tool to import them back. Changing the ID of the folder after formatting won't do anything. The savedata is encrypted with a key unique to the NAND ID. Once you format, that unique key is gone, replaced by a new key, and any data that was encrypted with the old key is permanently inaccessible.
Oh that sucks but ill do that then.

BADDINOROX99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does anybody know if GameStop employees are required to update a 3ds when it is sent into the store after you've sold it to them or they refurbished it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Nope.