United States
Reactions: daicon

Temarile

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ A9LH ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I picked up an O3DS secondhand and to my amazement: it had never been connected to the Internet. It's firmware version is 1.0.0-0E! Can I safely 'system update' in system settings so I can get it to 9.2 and use Gateway? Or do I have to insert a game card? I have LoZ Majoras Mask, Pokemon OR and Nintendogs.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I picked up an O3DS secondhand and to my amazement: it had never been connected to the Internet. It's firmware version is 1.0.0-0E! Can I safely 'system update' in system settings so I can get it to 9.2 and use Gateway? Or do I have to insert a game card? I have LoZ Majoras Mask, Pokemon OR and Nintendogs.
this is a tricky question previous to like 2 weeks ago the only solution
1. get a 3ds game with 4.1 - 4.5 fw built in 3DS Games with firmware updates in the 4.1 - 4.5 range ... (you will also need a ds flashcard for this method)

2. but there is now a riskier (free option) you would need to update via settings app then downgrade Simple Guide to Downgrading your 3DS note there is a brick chance associated with downgrades

if i were you i would go with option one

Last edited by wormdood,

daicon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you have not even set up emunand yet . . .slow down a little use this guide . . . . [Tutorial] Installing rxTools Custom Firmware - (Old 3DS and 2DS)
thank you.

following the guide, I'm preparing to update to 9.2: I'm on "THAT ISO SITE" and there are options for:
USA : 9.2.0-20U (no.mset-twl-wlist-agb)(UPDATE ONLY !)
and
USA : 9.2.0-20U (Full)

Which do I choose to use with sysUpdater going from 4.4 to 9.2? Top one has nice features but I don't know if that's the one I'm supposed to use.

Last edited by daicon,

Temarile

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
this is a tricky question previous to like 2 weeks ago the only solution
1. get a 3ds game with 4.1 - 4.5 fw built in 3DS Games with firmware updates in the 4.1 - 4.5 range ... (you will also need a ds flashcard for this method)

2. but there is now a riskier (free option) you would need to update via settings app then downgrade Simple Guide to Downgrading your 3DS note there is a brick chance associated with downgrades

if i were you i would go with option one

Thanks for the reply. Can you elaborate a bit more on how I'd need a ds flashcard? Isn't it simply inserting the cartridge and be prompted to update to 4.1 - 4.5?
So if I tap 'system update' in system settings, it will update to 10.3 and then I'd need to downgrade? Is that correct?

daicon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thank you.

following the guide, I'm preparing to update to 9.2: I'm on "THAT ISO SITE" and there are options for:
USA : 9.2.0-20U (no.mset-twl-wlist-agb) (UPDATE ONLY !)
and
USA : 9.2.0-20U (Full)

Which do I choose to use with sysUpdater going from 4.4 to 9.2? Top one has nice features but I don't know if that's the one I'm supposed to use.
to be clear, I just don't want to brick myself

Last edited by daicon,

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thank you.

USA : and
USA :

remove the links they violate gbatemps rules
and either will be good but note the 9.2 modded pack is really 9.0 without (bla, bla, bla)

Thanks for the reply. Can you elaborate a bit more on how I'd need a ds flashcard? Isn't it simply inserting the cartridge and be prompted to update to 4.1 - 4.5?
because a game card update will not update the browser so you will need to install the rxtools mset rop (to boot rxtools) for 4.x (you need a ds flashcard to do this if you have no browser)
So if I tap 'system update' in system settings, it will update to 10.3 and then I'd need to downgrade? Is that correct?
yes but as i said that can be dangerous to downgrade

Reactions: Temarile and daicon

Temarile

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've inserted my legit Majora's Mask (EU) copy into the O3DS and I'm prompted to update.. It does not say which version it will update to, only that it is required to update and if I want to update now. To what firmware will it update? Because I'm worried it will end up being above 9.2

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've inserted my legit Majora's Mask (EU) copy into the O3DS and I'm prompted to update.. It does not say which version it will update to, only that it is required to update and if I want to update now. To what firmware will it update? Because I'm worried it will end up being above 9.2
no that game will get you 7.1 you want to get a game with 4.x or 6.x use this database as a guide 3DS Releases

Linkoh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have a few questions:
1. Is there a way to use my old sysNAND as emuNAND? I have a nand.bin of it.
2. Is every game I had on that nand tied to NNID? The idea of losing every game I bought just because I formatted my console to unlink my nands bothers me a lot :/

Temarile

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
no that game will get you 7.1 you want to get a game with 4.x or 6.x use this database as a guide 3DS Releases
Thanks for the link! I was thinking about a database but I wouldn't know where to look. I'm wondering though, why a 4.x or 6.x? Gateway supports up to 9.2 right? Or is the exploit way easier to do when on 4.x or 6.x?

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a few questions:
1. Is there a way to use my old sysNAND as emuNAND? I have a nand.bin of it.
2. Is every game I had on that nand tied to NNID? The idea of losing every game I bought just because I formatted my console to unlink my nands bothers me a lot :/
1. yes just select your old nand when the instructions ask you to reinject (when flowing this next quote)
How to move Games, Saves, Themes, and Emunand to a new SD card

1. Get Emunand Tool
  2. Insert your old SD card in your PC
  3. Open Emunand Tool and select "Extract EmuNAND"
  4. Save it somewhere on your PC (as "emunand.bin" if you want)
  5. Backup all your SD card files to your PC
  6. Eject your old SD card
  7. Put Gateway's launcher.dat on your new SD card
  8. Format emunand on your new SD card via the gateway menu
  9. Turn off your 3DS
  10. Insert your new SD card in your PC
  11. Open Emunand Tool and select "Inject NAND to emuNAND"
  12. Select the emunand.bin you made in step 3 & 4
  13. Close Emunand Tool when done
  14. Put backup of SD card files (from step 5) on your new SD card
  15. Done, emunand and files (saves, games, etc.) have been transferred to your new SD card!
2. yes so you can link nnid and redownload your games
Thanks for the link! I was thinking about a database but I wouldn't know where to look. I'm wondering though, why a 4.x or 6.x? Gateway supports up to 9.2 right? Or is the exploit way easier to do when on 4.x or 6.x?
it supports 9.2 true but not when the last number in the fw = 0 when this is the case there is no internet browser on the system (rxtools is booted from the browser initially)
you will have no browser (a result of the game card update not changing your current non-existent browser) so you will need to use a ds flashcard install a file to boot rxtools for the first time, the file you need the ds flashcard to install only works directly (without need of further access to the system) on 4.x or 6.x

Reactions: Temarile

daicon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've finished setting up rxTools and menuhax, etc... It works like a charm

However, I used a different SD card to install all of this stuff. My old SD card is larger and has all my backups/savedata on it. How can I move my new rxTools install over to where I have all of my games installed? Like merging the two? Will it work or give problems with emunand etc?

EDIT: may have been answered in the post just above...

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've finished setting up rxTools and menuhax, etc... It works like a charm

However, I used a different SD card to install all of this stuff. My old SD card is larger and has all my backups/savedata on it. How can I move my new rxTools install over to where I have all of my games installed? Like merging the two? Will it work or give problems with emunand etc?

EDIT: may have been answered in the post just above...
In your SD card, there should be a Nintendo 3DS folder. Open it, there should be two folders inside that (has a long name of random numbers and letters) tell me if the one on your old card matches any of the two on your current card?

Linkoh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
1. yes just select your old nand when the instructions ask you to reinject
2. yes so you can link nnid and redownload your games
Thank you! I had to use a different version by the way. 1.0.3 didn't work, but 1.0.1 worked like a charm.
Now, I have another question: do I still need to unlink my nands when I've just injected a different one into emuNAND? They should already be unlinked at this point, right?

Last edited by Linkoh,

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Linkoh
well unlinking nands is a choice and is done to avoid bugs and glitches as well as accidental sysnand updates when updating emunand
so i would say yes
but if you copied over the nand.bin's nintendo 3ds folder then you should be unlinked (assuming the folder with the random numbers/letters was different then the one previously there)

Last edited by wormdood,

daicon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In your SD card, there should be a Nintendo 3DS folder. Open it, there should be two folders inside that (has a long name of random numbers and letters) tell me if the one on your old card matches any of the two on your current card?

-OLD SD CARD- (w/ backups/gamesaves)
973df5e3abbfd1f2cbc45c6288ed6d48 -> 30b400ec301024fb30303030001b534d
a2fb5c64a02bdec849966741ca5e4929 -> 30b400ec301024fb30303030001b534d
Private

-NEW SD CARD- (w/ newer rxtools and files)
a2fb5c64a02bdec849966741ca5e4929 -> ac1a00fb4730da6e5344333200275048

That's them with the naming on the folders inside also included

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
-OLD SD CARD- (w/ backups/gamesaves)
973df5e3abbfd1f2cbc45c6288ed6d48 -> 30b400ec301024fb30303030001b534d
a2fb5c64a02bdec849966741ca5e4929 -> 30b400ec301024fb30303030001b534d
Private

-NEW SD CARD- (w/ newer rxtools and files)
a2fb5c64a02bdec849966741ca5e4929 -> ac1a00fb4730da6e5344333200275048

That's them with the naming on the folders inside also included
first unlink nands on your new card then it will have two folders and that should tell me witch one (on your old card) has your saves
How to unlink nands (Requires formatting one of the NANDs):
  1. Download TinyFormat
  2. Place the .cia on your SD card
  3. Boot into rxmode SysNAND if you want to format SysNAND, or rxmode EmuNAND if you want to format EmuNAND
    • Don't know how? Hold L when booting rxTools to get into the menu. From there you can select which rxmode you would like to access. Note: 2.5.2 users have to hold R instead.
    • Personally I formatted sysnand, so that all the stuff I had on my sysNAND that was transferred to my EmuNAND stays there.
  4. Once you're in the specified, launch BigBlueMenu (injected version or .cia version)
  5. Install the TinyFormat.cia
  6. Press HOME and choose to launch TinyFormat
  7. Follow the instructions to format the NAND you are in, and thus unlinking your NANDs
  8. Turn off your 3DS after the process is finished
  9. Reboot into SysNAND or rxmode EmuNAND and complete the Initial 3DS Setup.
  10. Nands are now unlinked!

How it will look on your SD card:
jI44.png

The folder with the smallest size belongs to the nand you just formatted. Grab the database zip again and put the title.db and import.db in YourFormattedNandFolder/RandomNumbersAndLettersFolder/dbs, just like you did in Part 1: Line 2 & 3! Don't forget to go to Data Management in the Nand you formatted to let the 3DS "repair" your software management information!
or you can just forget the current rxtools card and install rxtools your old card (with the games) probably easier ( . . . you do know how its done now)

Last edited by wormdood,

RoyalLemons

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've set up rxtools and coldbooting, etc on a 9.2 downgraded n3ds.
How would I go about updating my emunand to 9.5? I've followed a guide using sysUpdater multiple times though I kept resulting in a brick which I was able to fix via emuNAND injection.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.