• Start date
  • Views 4,495,338
  • Replies 53,789
  • Likes 43

TheBroCode

Trophies
XP
Country
Another question, what is the Gateway ROM Patcher used for?

If I make backups of my physical carts, do I use the patcher for anything?

froggerfrosch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hello!
I have a quastion! have a old normal 3Ds and there all with Gateway blue and red works fine.
My daughter 3DS XL from Christmas comes with 8.1.0-19E on there(now there is the new 3.0.1 update is here, so work that for this 3DS XL?)Why my quastion.
If i want there to start the blue Gateway Card for the GW-Installer the Card dont work(must i do the way with the Browser?)I have also the R4i Gold Delexue Cards,this blue card works on the 8.1 and there i can start the GW-installer file and write it with verify on it but the Profil Exploit dosnn´t work so is up to 4.5 only work the Browser Way?
At first i go with this Guide:http://www.maxconsole.com/maxcon_forums/threads/286487-3DS-N3DS-Gateway-Ultra-Guide,
but on the step befor Step2 there is the Video there i must go to microsd managemant but i don´t have this Line on the 3DSXL(or must we don´t do that can i go to step 2 with out that)I make step 1 and then step 2 but the gateway menue dont comes up(then i see the Hide Button) so think i must do that from the video but i don´t have this microSD managemant Line.So i don´t understand Option 1:take out microSd on this guide before step 2 we don´t have start 3Ds. I stop here before i write a lot of bulls..t,My english iknow iam Austrian people.
Thanks for Answer and Help!

askara

Trophies
XP
Country
just bought gateway but Is there any complete noob guide for gateway/homebrew? for example explaining what is .cia . 3ds .3dz whats sys nand/emu nad, how saving work, what kind of homebrew available, how to cheat in game etc

inuyasha555

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I played Pokemon Y on my system at 6.x and now that we can downgrade to 4.2 I tried playing it in classic mode on 9.4 emuNAND and my save is reported as corrupt.

Any way to make it work again? I don't care if I have to restart but it would be nice if I didn't have to.

ext23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hey guys,

i wanna get one of the NEW 3DS consoles being released here in japan tomorrow. my questions!

• what firmware are they likely to have?
  • is flashcart technology ever likely to evolve to run on the newer firmwares?
  • even if the firmware is too high, can i still use a flashcart to run old 2DS software?

thanks, sorry for my noobism!

quoting myself from a few months ago as I still haven't bought a new Ds...but since the gateway now supports firmwares up to 9.2, if I bought a new 3ds at the moment what version could I expect it to ship with?

I know the gateway doesn't support the new 3ds as of right now but it's coming in an update, so I want to buy the console before the compatible firmware disappears...

NutellaSwirl

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can I play my retail Games after the gateway upgrade my 3DS?
And I have an SD with my eshop GAMES and saves, do they will work after that too?
You can play the ones that require 4.5 or higher on emunand.
People seem to be saying your eshop games are still intact. I don't know personally though

NutellaSwirl

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
just bought gateway but Is there any complete noob guide for gateway/homebrew? for example explaining what is .cia . 3ds .3dz whats sys nand/emu nad, how saving work, what kind of homebrew available, how to cheat in game etc
.3ds are just regular roms, 3dz are the same, but they can be played online if you inject a header into them, .cia are downloaded to your 3ds instead of played from the card.
Emunand is like emulating a sysnand of a higher verson.
There are no cheats available.

NutellaSwirl

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi guys, i've installed gateway 3.0 ultra on my 9.2 3ds xl, i'm completely a noob in these things, do I have to always launch the exploit to have the game menu by pressing select, because when i don't launch the exploi twith the browser and I press select nothing happens
Yes

bunny5390

Newcomer
Trophies
the Land of the Rising Greenhouse-gas-emissions
XP
Country
Canada
Can you lauch .CIAs installed to SysNand in classic mode without the red cart?

Actually that's part of my bigger question: Without a red card or, would it be possible to:

Backup SysNand,
Downgrade to 4.5,
Install CFW,
Install BigBlueMenu/DevMenu,
Install .CIAs,
Restore the backed up SysNand,
And then play said installed .CIAs without the red card?

Or is the CFW permanent/can't be used to install things to SysNand? Note when I say backup and restore I mean via the 3.0 Gateway menu, not a NAND mod.

eureca

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I buy a 3DS XL online within the next 2 weeks or so do you think it will have 9.2 or lower? If not I guess I should get one used from ebay.

askara

Trophies
XP
Country
.3ds are just regular roms, 3dz are the same, but they can be played online if you inject a header into them, .cia are downloaded to your 3ds instead of played from the card.
Emunand is like emulating a sysnand of a higher verson.
There are no cheats available.

thanks

so i guess CIA is digital version of game from eshop? can you download DLC for your games?

also what is xorpads?

and to put game into micro sd card do you just drag and drop or do you have to use that win32something app?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: New Orange Pi 🥰