• Replies 53,793
  • Likes 43

Eity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it Ok, to unplug red GW card, when 3DS 9.2 in sleeping mode with exploit on, to add more games on it (I just don't want to switch it off, since I would need to activate exploit again)?
Edit: Just tried it myself, and get an error on game selection. But after reactivating exploit everything was worked fine.

petrieslastword

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was able to run Smash Bros 3DS jus fine before updating recently on my old 3DS, now that I am on the 3DS XL downgraded running the latest firmware, every time I try to boot the game, I get a black screen and have to do a hard reset. Google told me my SD card needed at least 1.5GB free (the one in the 3DS itself) which I have made sure is the case, but that hasn't helped at all. Any idea what else might be making this not function properly?

Haymose

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I replaced the launcher.dat from my SD with emunand setup with the new 3.0.1 update now exploit continues to fail to boot gateway mode. Did I mess things up or is this unusual? Have done the usual clearing cookies and what not and it doesn't help.

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I installed Shovel Knight + update on GW. It saves but everytime I launch it I have to accept Nintendo's Agreement and Privacy Policy. After doing so it says "settings saved" and launches the title, but then asks again on next launch.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
What is Classic Mode in Gateway 3DS exactly for? Is it just booting into sysNAND?
It's so you can use the Gateway features (region free, firmware spoofing, EmuNAND firmware etc.) with real carts instead of roms. So for example, if you have a different region cart, or a cart that requires a higher firmware than what your SysNAND is.

'Classic Mode' is such a vague name, to be fair. Why not call it 'cart mode' or something.

Reactions: Skull Kiddo

Skull Kiddo

Definitely Not A Kid
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's so you can use the Gateway features (region free, firmware spoofing, EmuNAND firmware etc.) with real carts instead of roms. So for example, if you have a different region cart, or a cart that requires a higher firmware than what your SysNAND is.

'Classic Mode' is such a vague name, to be fair. Why not call it 'cart mode' or something.

And what features are left out if I don't have a Gateway card? Just wondering :P

oxenh

The most unknown member of GBAtemp
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Quick question
If i have the digital version of pokemon omega ruby and i dowgrade my 3ds to 4.x i will lost the save of the game like my retail pokemon x and y games?
Also what is the size of the saves of the pokemon games?

sblast3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question
If i have the digital version of pokemon omega ruby and i dowgrade my 3ds to 4.x i will lost the save of the game like my retail pokemon x and y games?
Also what is the size of the saves of the pokemon games?
My save doesn't work anymore, so I think so. I have the physical copy of X.

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm looking for an undubbed version of Conception II with dubbed cutscenes, however, I can not find it in .3ds form, only CIA. I've found guides on how to convert .3ds into CIA, but is there a way for me to do the other way around? I found a tool from maxconsole that supposedly works, however, it crashes towards the end, and when I try to run the converted .3ds on my Gateway, it shows up a blank square, and does not do anything.

Rat91

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hey peeps, first post. Hi...

I bought myself a N3DS a while ago, assuming it is pre-9.3 and assuming Gateway will be able to get it to work for N3DS, will I be able to save my progress on my European games(Pokemon, for example) on the game cartridge itself? I will basically have to run a European emuNAND, right?

And emuNAND is the only way to get past the region lock for retail games? I can not put a European sysNAND on it or something along those lines which can let me skip the pre-booting using flash cards?

Are Gateway cards my only option? If not, what are the downsides of not using Gateway?

Thanks in advance!

swiitness

Trophies
XP
Country
I want to set up EmuNand and I understand that this process involves formatting the SD card. Will I lose all my Amabassador titles if I do this? Or is it just a matter if then entering EmuNand and redownloading these titles?

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found in practice it simply creates a 1GB hidden partition on the SD card, as long as you have the space for it. It might wipe everything if you didn't have enough spare space for it on the card. As always, better to make a backup on something before doing it.

Skeet1983

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I been hearing about the Gateway and Sky3DS cards, wondering where to begin with all this:

I am wanting to get into this stuff, but not sure where to start or how to do anything homebrew/cfw related. My 3DS is on FW 9.2.0-20U. Thoughts on all this appreciated :)

Reactions: Margen67

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: I think they should make a movie where Ed from FMA meets Ed from brotherhood +1