• Replies 53,769
  • Likes 43

lambstone

No. Nyet. 不. Non. Nein.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Has anyone tried swapping their 3DS XL shell?

http://au.ign.com/wikis/nintendo-3ds/3DS_XL_Shell_Swapping

If so, how difficult is it exactly to swap the shells? Any must have tools?

UPDATE: It's going to be a piece of cake for me seeing that I'm swapping from a Blue/Black to a Red/Black. I just need to replace the top face plate and the battery cover. I don't have to fiddle with the motherboard at all. For those of you that are considering swapping From a Coloured/Black to a Coloured/White you will have to mess with the flex connectors and mother board which would be time consuming.

Shinitai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
do you know any places i could find save files for games ive been looking around and i cant find any
Not really, sorry. But maybe you could make a thread in GBATemp (or post in the thread for that game, if there's one already) and ask for the save. Someone might be able to give it to you.

Raiolu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
A relative just bought a Flame Red 3DS with pre-installed Super Mario 3D Land, and its on Vers 4.3 according to her. I presume the game is on the SD Card. I have a MT-Card. Is it possible to put the launcher.dat on the SD Card withoit harming the pre-installed game? :wtf:

Kishnabe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Now I write the game onto the MSD with Win 32 Diskimager.

After I played a bit, I want to back up my save. Now my computer wants to format the MSD?

How do I transfer saves if it ask to format each time?

Shad0wninja

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Small questions, I'm thinking about getting the MT Card for my 3DS.

Will the MT Card work for the 3DS on 6.2.0-11U?
Will I be able to keep my 3DS in online mode while the MT Card is in it/being used?
If I decide to support a developer of a game and buy the game instead of pirating, would I be able to play it? Say for example I want to buy Kirby Triple Deluxe when it comes out, will I be able to play it still?
Is it recommended to wait and see what Gateway has up their sleeve for their 2.0 firmware release before buying?

Dan-the-Rebirth

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
hey there!!

I own a Gateway 2.b1 and a 3DS XL 4.2. and i have a anoying problem: the 3DS sort of freezes when i try to close a game by pressing the power button. i cant press the home button, but the touchscreen still works and i can press the on screen "turn system off" button. Sometimes if doent power down after i press it thought, the screen gets black but the power light and screen backlight stay tuned on.
i tried the home button ingame and it worked, i didnt have that problem when i started useng my gateway

any ideas?

Steena

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
hey there!!

I own a Gateway 2.b1 and a 3DS XL 4.2. and i have a anoying problem: the 3DS sort of freezes when i try to close a game by pressing the power button. i cant press the home button, but the touchscreen still works and i can press the on screen "turn system off" button. Sometimes if doent power down after i press it thought, the screen gets black but the power light and screen backlight stay tuned on.
i tried the home button ingame and it worked, i didnt have that problem when i started useng my gateway

any ideas?
I think that's related to 2b1 being buggy.

sf1215

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick Question.

Is it possible to buy a replacemnt 3ds motherboard that has firmware 4.5 or below and use gateway that way?

Thanks for all your help.

Raiolu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can I put a launcher.dat file of MT Card on the sd card with my preinstalled Super Mario 3d Land without harming the game ot should I buy another SD Card?

SerMichael

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi there!

I've recently just bought R4i 3ds Gold Deluxe, and it's not working!
Every time I go to DS Profile, it's not rebooting, or crashing, or something. It just gets past it.
I've followed every tutorial I saw. I'm very tired.

I have a Japanese 3DS running on 4.1.0-8J.

Please help me out.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Hi there!

I've recently just bought R4i 3ds Gold Deluxe, and it's not working!
Every time I go to DS Profile, it's not rebooting, or crashing, or something. It just gets past it.
I've followed every tutorial I saw. I'm very tired.

I have a Japanese 3DS running on 4.1.0-8J.

Please help me out.
Have you installed the exploit using the ds card?
Also if you ran any ds games between installing the exploit and running my-mode the exploit will of been removed you have to reinstall it any time you run a ds games

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's a shame some people's cake always resort to the same taste