• Replies 53,775
  • Likes 43

sketchyfood

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WHen you follow this guide https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-transfer-emunand-to-another-sd-card-working-on-new3ds.383684/

Will games downloaded via cia not be in the emunand anymore? Making me reinstall them? Also when you do this, you will lose the save data from those cia installed games, correct?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hi, I'm fairly new to this scene. I tried downgrading my n3dsXL and it resulted in a semi-downgrade. I cannot access system settings and my internet connection wasn't saved. I have access to ninjhax and oot3dhax but the problem is I don't have an internet connection to use those hax. The browser also hangs. Considering my original 9.6 ninjhax didn't work anymore I'm assuming the firmware did get downgraded to 9.2. Is there anything I can do?

Do you have a copy of Smash bros 3ds? It's last resort but it's what I used, there's a guide on gbatemp that makes it much easier than doing it manually (which requires using the terminal) You need a linux OS but you can get that without deleting you're current OS.

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, I'm fairly new to this scene. I tried downgrading my n3dsXL and it resulted in a semi-downgrade. I cannot access system settings and my internet connection wasn't saved. I have access to ninjhax and oot3dhax but the problem is I don't have an internet connection to use those hax. The browser also hangs. Considering my original 9.6 ninjhax didn't work anymore I'm assuming the firmware did get downgraded to 9.2. Is there anything I can do?
I think OoThax should still work without the browser. If not, your only option might be to update to 10.5 then hardmod to downgrade.

WHen you follow this guide https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-transfer-emunand-to-another-sd-card-working-on-new3ds.383684/

Will games downloaded via cia not be in the emunand anymore? Making me reinstall them? Also when you do this, you will lose the save data from those cia installed games, correct?
Nope, your saves and installed cias should be transferred through this method.

saiyan234

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So using this tutorial exactly, https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...luding-emunand-coldboot-cia-installer.405589/

I have Cakes, ReiNAND and Homebrew Channel installed in my Ctrbootmanager and now I want to add RXtools to it. Can that be done without messing anything up? Also, Should I really mess this up, is there a way I can revert back to Vanilla 9.2? I made a copy of my SD card before I started this whole thing and I have a backup of the original NAND.
I didn't think I'd be without all of my eshop purchases when I went to CFW....unless there's an easy way for me to add them again.

EDIT: better yet, since my installation is such a mess, I'd like so start over and only install Rxtools to keep it simple....using this tutorial:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-easy-complete-comprehensive-cfw-guide-for-everyone.408685/

Can I somehow start from scratch?

Last edited by saiyan234,

DarkRioru

reach for the stars
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
can someone help me with reinand? it keeps freezing at the loading screen.. I splitted my emunand and sysnand yet it won't let me in... I'm now cloning my sysnand to emunand to see if that does anything to help my case... I'll let you guys know if I still need help

I need help my 3ds freezes at the reinand start menu on reinand 3.2 and, I can't press start since its "supposed" to do it automatically... so how the hell am I supposed to get to my emunand???

BrokenHymen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is using a fake SD card recommended for CFW? I tried transfering from 4gb to 64gb and it works but it wont install CIAs using FBI, it gives me the Summary Invalid Argument.

No idea it was fake until a few hours ago:( damn ebay.

thedude28

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
can someone help me with reinand? it keeps freezing at the loading screen.. I splitted my emunand and sysnand yet it won't let me in... I'm now cloning my sysnand to emunand to see if that does anything to help my case... I'll let you guys know if I still need help

I need help my 3ds freezes at the reinand start menu on reinand 3.2 and, I can't press start since its "supposed" to do it automatically... so how the hell am I supposed to get to my emunand???

You probably installed Reinand wrong... Did you use a different cfw to install emunand?

gridatttack

Trophies
XP
Country
El Salvador
So I have to update emuNAND now to the latest ver to use the services. I have RXTools on 10.5 on an o3DS.

Does the update works fine as in, nothing gets broken? Or do I need to update RXTools beforehand to update the emuNAND to 10.5?

Meteor7

Guess where this thumb goes.
Trophies
a fit of spasms and accidental black magic
XP
Country
United States
Is using a fake SD card recommended for CFW? I tried transfering from 4gb to 64gb and it works but it wont install CIAs using FBI, it gives me the Summary Invalid Argument.

No idea it was fake until a few hours ago:( damn ebay.

FYI, you'll be able to get a full refund through eBay as counterfeits are protected under the buyer service protection plan. It happened to me twice and eBay refunded me fully both times, no questions asked. For as sketchy as eBay can be, it's surprisingly safe to buy things from their site, at least as far as I've found.

DarkRioru

reach for the stars
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
You probably installed Reinand wrong... Did you use a different cfw to install emunand?
no, I used emunand9 to make my emunand... I used nothing else...

no, I used emunand9 to make my emunand... I used nothing else...
I didn't use any other cfw...

KingManu23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
the only real advantage of gateway is using .3ds format games they don't require a lengthy install time like a .cia would
i would say gateways cheat engine as well but nintendo will ban you for cheating online . . .so . . . mutha-fuck a cheat engine (and mutha-fuck a a gateway for that matter for the 40usd gateway cost you can get a 128gb sd/microsd to use with cfw)
correct here is a guide [Tutorial] Installing rxTools Custom Firmware - (Old 3DS and 2DS)
as for the card speed . . . the faster the better sandisk is the recommended brand (this card specifically Amazon.com: SanDisk Ultra 128GB microSDXC UHS-I Card with Adapter, Black, Standard Packaging (SDSQUNC-128G-GN6MA): Computers & Accessories ) but if i were you i would not buy one online (there are a lot of fake cards floating around the internet) and despite the read speed of the sd card the 3ds has limitations so it will bottleneck as such larger gb sd cards will take longer to boot at the home menu
Thanks wormdood for the great reply

blm

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello, new here but I've been lurking and I have successfully downgraded an o3DS and I have some questions.

I wanna try downgrading a 10.3 USA New 3DS XL now but it shows the "Ready to update System" popup on home menu. Will it have any effect on downgrading? The system already had menuhax installed and it loads the homebrew launcher just fine, I just wanna know if the fact that it shows the popup will have any effect on the actual downgrade process with safesysupdater.

Also, if I had Shovel Knight on a Sky3DS will it prompt me to update to 9.8? Just in case it only partially downgrades for whatever reason.

Zabhahs

Goron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your emuNAND.
Ok thanks. Sorry if this is more noobish, but is it safe to install a game (lets say mario kart 7) to emunands nand storage, or would it break my emunand? I get the impression it wouldnt unless I delete a system title but im not quite sure.

Hello, new here but I've been lurking and I have successfully downgraded an o3DS and I have some questions.

I wanna try downgrading a 10.3 USA New 3DS XL now but it shows the "Ready to update System" popup on home menu. Will it have any effect on downgrading? The system already had menuhax installed and it loads the homebrew launcher just fine, I just wanna know if the fact that it shows the popup will have any effect on the actual downgrade process with safesysupdater.

Also, if I had Shovel Knight on a Sky3DS will it prompt me to update to 9.8? Just in case it only partially downgrades for whatever reason.
For the first point, I would take the steps to get rid of the popup before downgrading (mainly because I did it before I downgraded and it worked fine). If your not sure about shovel knight just wait until you set up emunand and cfw and it wont prompt you to update.

Baccabechoppin

GBAtemp's Finest Bacca!
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If I were to backup a save from a physical cart and then try and put it into a .CIA version of the same game from the same region would it work? I want to make sure before I put all my physical games onto my system as .CIA's.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If I were to backup a save from a physical cart and then try and put it into a .CIA version of the same game from the same region would it work? I want to make sure before I put all my physical games onto my system as .CIA's.

Yes, just use SaveDataFiler or something else to get the raw save, then import it into your CIA (delete the secure value if necessary). You can also do the opposite, CIA -> cart.

N64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Going from an emunand 9.2 to 10.5 reinand leads to a black screen after "preparing your home menu", but if I tap power I get the "power off" screen and hitting home there shows me the Home title slider, but stops there. Any thoughts? N3ds. I did follow the downgrade procedure, and was using rxtools to access emunand before.

Latest reinand beta with latest firmware file. 9.2 reinand works fine.

Baccabechoppin

GBAtemp's Finest Bacca!
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yes, just use SaveDataFiler or something else to get the raw save, then import it into your CIA (delete the secure value if necessary). You can also do the opposite, CIA -> cart.
I've never used SDF in my life, how would I go about locating the game I want to import the save to? These numbers/letters make no sense to me :wacko:

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I've never used SDF in my life, how would I go about locating the game I want to import the save to? These numbers/letters make no sense to me :wacko:

Find the game ID with http://3dsdb.com/ . Or you could try that new CIA save manager over in the homebrew section, I think it shows the titles of the games automatically, but I dunno if it works with carts.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!