• Views 4,485,290
  • Replies 53,787
  • Likes 43

Amapola62

Trophies
XP
Country
France
If it's impossible to access online services on lower firmwares...does that mean it is impossible to use the browser? If yes how would one set-up Emunand if they can't go to go.gateway-3ds.com in their 3ds? If my current 3ds breaks will I be unable to set-up emunand on a new one?

YyAoMmIi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it's impossible to access online services on lower firmwares...does that mean it is impossible to use the browser? If yes how would one set-up Emunand if they can't go to go.gateway-3ds.com in their 3ds? If my current 3ds breaks will I be unable to set-up emunand on a new one?
cfw method of emunand9?

Amapola62

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think one still needs to go to the go-gateway-3ds link to access the menu of Emunand9...I remember doing it when I set-up rxtools on my downgraded 3ds..

ArtemisM

Kupo for Kupo Nuts
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I just checked the browser on my 9.2 sysnand and it loaded go.gateway-3ds.com just fine

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Crap, how can I update my 2DS to 9.0-9.2?

How to Update your 3DS/2DS to 9.0 or 9.2
If you want to boot rxTools as soon as you turn on your 3DS, then you need to set-up Menuhax; and to use Menuhax, you need to be on 9.0 - 9.2 firmware.
Warning: This can brick your 3DS if done incorrectly! Be sure that you follow the instructions carefully!

Requirements:
  • BigBlueMenu installed in sysnand (Section 4 if you don't have Gateway or Ninjhax) OR any other cia installer on Sysnand.
  • A rxTools 3.0 nightly (preferably the one linked in Section 1)
Let's get started.
  1. See AidanLumina's tweet here and click Files for downgrade/manual update.
  2. Download one of the O3DS 9.2 packs
  3. Picture

1. h535.png
  2. Once downloaded, open the archive and find the "updates" folder; place it on your SD card. There should be many cia files in that folder.
    • Example: SD:/updates/0004013000008003.cia
  3. Download Sysupdater
  4. Open the archive and put sysUpdater.cia on your SD card
  5. Insert your SD card in your 3DS
  6. Hold L while launching rxTools to get into the rxTools menu. If using rxTools 2.5.2, hold R instead.
  7. Press DPAD RIGHT until you highlight ADVANCED OPTIONS, then press A. Skip this step if using rxTools 2.5.2
  8. Go down to DEVMODE or PASTA MODE and press A
  9. After a few seconds, you should now be in sysnand; firmware spoofing is disabled but cias can still be launched in this mode.
  10. Launch you CIA installer
  11. Install sysUpdater.cia (Destination: SD if using FBI)
  12. Once installed, press HOME to see sysUpdater wrapped as a gift; unwrap it.
  13. Launch sysUpdater
  14. sysUpdater will ask you if you are sure you want to go ahead with the update; choose to accept it.
    • It will also tell you that you shouldn't be in Gateway mode, or have firmware spoofing. Do not worry about this, DEVMODE / PASTA MODE has no firmware spoofing, so sysUpdater will work as intended. Just be absolutely sure you are in DEVMODE / PASTA MODE (line 13), not RXMODE SYSNAND!
  15. Wait for sysUpdater to finish. When it is done, your 3DS will reboot into 9.0 or 9.2 firmware! You can now follow the steps to use Menuhax if you'd like.
If you can't find the 9.2 pack in AidanLumina's MEGA folder
  1. Click HERE
  2. Click the CIA Format DLC's, Themes & Updates [Archive] result
  3. Click View Full Version : CIA Format DLC's, Themes & Updates at the top of the page
  4. Find the thread titled [MEGA] [CIA/BIN] MSET 4.X & 6.X backups, Browser backups, Update packs (All Regions)
  5. Scroll down to the section titled Updates
  6. Download either the 9.2 modified update pack for your region, or a 9.0 or 9.2 Full Update Pack for you region
taken from this guide [Tutorial] Installing rxTools Custom Firmware - (Old 3DS and 2DS)

heyhellooo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi guys i just put homebrew (1.1.0) on my old 3ds XL (version 9.5.). all i want to do is download free 3ds games like the new mario and luigi games. how do i do this without using a flashcart? is there any way to just download them onto my sd card and play them like that

Temarile

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ A9LH ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Can someone link me to a tutorial to be able to install cia's on my 9.2.0 N3DS? I already installed Browserhax and Homemenuhax using this (http://corbindavenport.com/?p=403) tutorial. I don't really know what to do next..
Oh, and a link to convert .3ds files to playable .cia's files please!
I know there's a search button but a lot of tuts/guides are outdated/complicated.. sorry :P

draftrabbit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have everything setup safesysupdater sees all the files and they all check green.
but when i try to downgrade it gives me a line of red pixels and thats all.
if I try with sysupdater it doesnt do anything.

thedude28

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
nope... T_T

You've installed it wrong.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Can someone link me to a tutorial to be able to install cia's on my 9.2.0 N3DS? I already installed Browserhax and Homemenuhax using this (http://corbindavenport.com/?p=403) tutorial. I don't really know what to do next..
Oh, and a link to convert .3ds files to playable .cia's files please!
I know there's a search button but a lot of tuts/guides are outdated/complicated.. sorry :P

Converting .3ds to .cia is complicated anyways. Most guides are not outdated at all.

I have everything setup safesysupdater sees all the files and they all check green.
but when i try to downgrade it gives me a line of red pixels and thats all.
if I try with sysupdater it doesnt do anything.

What firmware is your 3ds on?

Temarile

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ A9LH ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You've installed it wrong.

Converting .3ds to .cia is complicated anyways. Most guides are not outdated at all.

I meant outdated guides for installing .cias on N3DS, sorry if I didn't state that properly.

draftrabbit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My N3ds is on 10.1.0-27E
I am stumped to be honest.
I do have access to a RXtool'd O3ds and I have OOT
but the hold L method seems to load the HBL fine.

thedude28

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My N3ds is on 10.1.0-27E
I am stumped to be honest.
I do have access to a RXtool'd O3ds and I have OOT
but the hold L method seems to load the HBL fine.

Are you sure you're not just pre-maturely closing it? Once you hit downgrade you should give it a bit before checking if it does anything.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_JNGI1dI-e8&pp=ygUbU3BhY2ViYWxscyBsdWdnYWdlIHBhc3N3b3Jk