• Views 4,466,875
  • Replies 53,775
  • Likes 43

thedude28

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Held Y, it looks like it redownloaded the Payload? After launching, I went to RxTools through HBL, got a red flash twice, then black screen.

Appreciate the effort to help me so far, by the way. Thank you.

I'm starting to think that simply installing HBL on sysnand and using that payload won't work. You should try getting Browserhax as an entry point.

Smash Br0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question: Is there a way to coldboot into CFW on o3DS without an internet connection? I read that MenuHax requires the system to be online for it to work, but I'm offline most of the time.

I'm guessing I should downgrade my o3DS's MSET so I can boot CFW via the Profile Exploit when I'm offline.

hallowersv

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello guys i am afraid of updating emuNAND to 10.5

Well, I'm currently in 9.2 FW (o3ds) both sysNAND and emuNAND, what i want to do is update my emuNAND to the latest so i can enter eShop and update games, i currently have some games installed with FBI and BigBlueMenu (TitleManager), and i don't know if i could keep running these in 10.5

I want to also install the new Menuhax (the 2.2) but idk if first i have to update to 10.5 then enter homebrew and install that..

Im all afraid of this because i had another o3ds (which was mine, now using sister's one) i did all the downgrade thing and i read that it was fine to update emuNAND to 10.5 so i did, then i realised when it booted again sysNAND also updated and i couldn't run my CFW in anyway.

What i want to make clear is that what would be safe for me, im the biggest noob in this section, i want to update emuNAND to 10.5 , keep running CFW, install menuhax so i can boot by L+power, and don't mess up things again in this 3DS, i don't know if you guys can understand what i'm trying to mean with all of this but i hope so...

PD: The CFW im using is CakesFW

Also sorry bor my bad english, i'm Spanish.

SockNaste

My Little Pony Fetish
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.theuselessweb.com
XP
Country
United States
Hello guys i am afraid of updating emuNAND to 10.5

Well, I'm currently in 9.2 FW (o3ds) both sysNAND and emuNAND, what i want to do is update my emuNAND to the latest so i can enter eShop and update games, i currently have some games installed with FBI and BigBlueMenu (TitleManager), and i don't know if i could keep running these in 10.5

I want to also install the new Menuhax (the 2.2) but idk if first i have to update to 10.5 then enter homebrew and install that..

Im all afraid of this because i had another o3ds (which was mine, now using sister's one) i did all the downgrade thing and i read that it was fine to update emuNAND to 10.5 so i did, then i realised when it booted again sysNAND also updated and i couldn't run my CFW in anyway.

What i want to make clear is that what would be safe for me, im the biggest noob in this section, i want to update emuNAND to 10.5 , keep running CFW, install menuhax so i can boot by L+power, and don't mess up things again in this 3DS, i don't know if you guys can understand what i'm trying to mean with all of this but i hope so...

PD: The CFW im using is CakesFW

Also sorry bor my bad english, i'm Spanish.

1. Make sure your NANDS are unlinked. 2. Go to EMUNAND and make SURE you are on EmuNAND (make the themes different for EmuNAND and SysNAND. 3. Upgrade EmuNAND and you should be fine.

Reactions: hallowersv

hallowersv

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
1. Make sure your NANDS are unlinked. 2. Go to EMUNAND and make SURE you are on EmuNAND (make the themes different for EmuNAND and SysNAND. 3. Upgrade EmuNAND and you should be fine.

By unlinking what do you mean? how can i do this? thanks for helping me

SockNaste

My Little Pony Fetish
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.theuselessweb.com
XP
Country
United States
By unlinking what do you mean? how can i do this? thanks for helping me

1. Go to SysNAND settings.
2. Go to other settings then go to format device.
3. Once you click format device DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT click agree yet!
4. Take out your SD card.
5. Then agree to the format.
6. After format is done then you go through the steps.
7. Once done put back in ur sd card and then it should create new data on your sd.
8. The new data is the sysnand and the old data is emunand.
9. Congrats! You unlinked!

hallowersv

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
1. Go to SysNAND settings.
2. Go to other settings then go to format device.
3. Once you click format device DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT click agree yet!
4. Take out your SD card.
5. Then agree to the format.
6. After format is done then you go through the steps.
7. Once done put back in ur sd card and then it should create new data on your sd.
8. The new data is the sysnand and the old data is emunand.
9. Congrats! You unlinked!

Well ok i did that now i changed the sysNAND theme to blue to know it is sysNAND, then i tried to enter my CakesFW by doing L+power but it didn't work, i guess i'll have to install MenuHax again by going in the browserhax right?

And so with this unlinked thing all i have to do is go to emuNAND and update by going System Settings, and by doing this my emuNAND will be in 10.5, so to run my emuNAND ill just install the thing that runs the CakesFW into the sysNAND by pressing L+power. Am i correct?

However, will i still be able to play my games that i installed with FBI/BigBlueMenu and keep installing more if i upgrade?

Thank you , and again, sorry if you didn't understand something, as i said , i don't speak english.

Update: I don't manage to enter browserhax... because this error kicks me out of the browser: An error has occurred. Please save your data in any software currently in use, and then restart the system

Update 2: nvm i just kept trying by erasing cookies and history and rebooting the 3ds, succesfully installed menuhax

Update 3: Well i would just like to this message to get deleted cuz i got already everything working , thank you very much for your help!!!

Last edited by hallowersv,
Reactions: SockNaste

gameking66

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK. I'm unable to autoboot to RxTools emuNAND (or RxTools at all). Since I'm impatient, I'm offering a $20 bounty to get me successfully setup (and adequately describe the problem). Bitcoin or PayPal.

My goal is to boot into RxTools emuNAND with the latest version, and remove nags on sysNAND (Which is on 9.2 and currently needs WiFi due to RxTools only booting from Browserhax).
  • Old 3DS
  • RxTools 3.0 Alpha 0
  • MenuHax 2.2
  • ropbinpayload_menuhax_USA12288_old3ds.bin is my payload.
  • 9.2 sysNAND / 10.5 emuNAND
  • BigBlueBox
  • RxTools launches successfully ONLY via BrowserHax (BOTH sysNAND / emuNAND).
  • MenuHax into HBL works, but ALL CFW FAILS from the launcher, RxTools (NATIVE_FIRM 4 ERROR / Installation Failed). I have only successfully installed MenuHax from here (by installing HBL with BrowserHax -> RxTools sysNAND).

Last edited by gameking66,

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reposting
1. install the gba.cia to sysnand and play from sysnand
if you want to play from emunand then install the cia to sysnand and emunand (but the gba.cia must be installed to sysnand)
2. it is a unoffical port you (or someone with skill) adds into the 3ds connecting directly to the motherboard see this post for examples

Quick question: Is there a way to coldboot into CFW on o3DS without an internet connection? I read that MenuHax requires the system to be online for it to work, but I'm offline most of the time.

I'm guessing I should downgrade my o3DS's MSET so I can boot CFW via the Profile Exploit when I'm offline.
no only to install menuhax do did you need internet . . . but thats old info anyway there is an offline menuhax installer now
OK. I'm unable to autoboot to RxTools emuNAND (or RxTools at all). Since I'm impatient, I'm offering a $20 bounty to get me successfully setup (and adequately describe the problem). Bitcoin or PayPal.

• Old 3DS
  • RxTools 3.0 Alpha 0
  • MenuHax 2.2
  • ropbinpayload_menuhax_USA12288_old3ds.bin is my payload.
  • 9.2 sysNAND / 10.5 emuNAND
  • BigBlueBox
  • RxTools launches successfully ONLY via BrowserHax (BOTH sysNAND / emuNAND).
  • MenuHax into HBL works, but ALL CFW FAILS from the launcher, RxTools (NATIVE_FIRM 4 ERROR / Installation Failed). I have only successfully installed MenuHax from here (by installing HBL with BrowserHax -> RxTools sysNAND).
so here is a little info before i begin if your rxtools will boot from the browser (not browserhax but from the browser exploit) then the problem lies within your menuhax

well here is my question . . . why are you booting into hbl from a hax before you boot cfw?
you only need menuhax installed then you should attempt to set up a boot manager see the following quote for instructions (taken from this guide [Tutorial] Installing rxTools Custom Firmware - (Old 3DS and 2DS) )
Launching rxTools at Boot - Menuhax!
These steps will setup Menuhax, which we will configure to allow rxTools to boot the moment you turn on your 3DS/2DS! IMO this is the best way to launch rxTools.

Note:
You must be on 9.0 - 9.2 firmware. This means your sysnand has to be on or between 9.0 to 9.2 system version. To update to 9.0 or 9.2, scroll down to the section How to Update your 3DS/2DS to 9.0 or 9.2 and follow the instructions, then come back here.

Second note: This will only work with rxTools 3.0 nightly (from September onwards I think). No one has found a way for it to work with rxTools 2.6 and under as far as I know. The rxTools build included in Section 1 works with this.
  1. Set a random theme on your 3DS, then change it back to the default theme.
  2. Make sure your WiFi is on and you are connected to the Internet!!
  3. Launch rxmode SysNAND (Hold L when booting rxTools to access it)
  4. Open BigBlueMenu (or any other CIA installer)
  5. If you already have access to the Homebrew Launcher, skip to step 9!!
  6. Install hblauncher_loader.cia (it's in the CIAs folder)
  7. Exit to the HOME menu; there will be a new gift. It is the Homebrew Launcher cia.
  8. Launch the Homebrew Launcher via the Homebrew Launcher cia you just installed in SysNAND.
  9. In the Homebrew Launcher, run the menuhax_manager installer and install menuhax.
  10. After all that, test if menuhax boots you into the homebrew menu at cold boot. Just turn off your 3DS and turn it back on, and don't press any buttons.
  11. On your SD card, look for the file which name starts with "ropbinpayload". Open it with HxD (included in the PC_Apps folder) or Notepad++. Maybe plain old Notepad will work too.
  12. Press CTRL+F and search for boot.3dsx. There will be two results.
  13. Change both to auto.3dsx and save the file.

When you turn on your 3DS, you should see the bottom screen flash multiple colors, followed by the rxTools splash screen.
The Menuhax button config is as follows:
  • Menuhax loads if no buttons are held at boot.
  • Menuhax does not load if any button is held at boot.
Additionally:
  • If you hold L after the bottom screen turns white, you will boot into the rxTools menu.
  • If you hold SELECT after the bottom screen turns white, you will boot into the CTRBootManager menu.
Some precautions:
  • Changing your theme in SysNAND will remove Menuhax; that is, you would have to reinstall Menuhax again.
  • If your NANDs are still linked, Menuhax would also be installed in EmuNAND. This means you will get a black screen every time you attempt to load EmuNAND. To solve this, you can either:
    • Hold any button when launching EmuNAND to disable it from loading; you will have to do this every time.
    • Unlink your NANDs (Section 6), launch EmuNAND while holding any button to disable Menuhax from loading, then change the EmuNAND theme to remove it completely from EmuNAND without removing it from SysNAND.
or this thread for ctrbootmanager CtrBootManager: 3ds boot manager/loader (HomeMenuHax)

Last edited by wormdood,

KingManu23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What's the advantages of having gateway 3ds flashcard with a sd card as opposed to only buying a sd card? The tutorial to softmod o3dsxl <9.2 does not require the gateway flashcard right? Also what sd cards (brand and read speeds) work best on a 3ds?

Selver

Trophies
XP
Country
Are there any tutorials / walkthroughs for loading 2.0.0-2E O3DS firmware onto a 9.2.0-20U N3DS (XL)?

The end goal:
Seeing if possible to dump the OTP (not just OTP Hash) from a N3DS.

Specific non-goals:
  • Running any game of any sort on that firmware
  • Connecting to the internet for any purpose
Please presume the following:
  • 2.0.0-2E(Full).zip .CIA update package, MD5 5EAA3BAD4FFD8076A4E55740048AC178
  • NAND mod to dump/write sysNAND on the target N3DS XL directly, if needed
Obvious pain points:
  1. Different region in target firmware (Europe) vs. target N3DS XL (US)
  2. Target firmware version never officially used with N3DS
  3. If manually modifying nand.bin, have to account for differences in encryption....
  4. Need for unique *hax to obtain Arm9 privileges
Is it as simple as just using SysUpdater with the update package? Or, would that brick due to some region-specific file...

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the advantages of having gateway 3ds flashcard with a sd card as opposed to only buying a sd card?
the only real advantage of gateway is using .3ds format games they don't require a lengthy install time like a .cia would
i would say gateways cheat engine as well but nintendo will ban you for cheating online . . .so . . . mutha-fuck a cheat engine (and mutha-fuck a a gateway for that matter for the 40usd gateway cost you can get a 128gb sd/microsd to use with cfw)
The tutorial to softmod o3dsxl <9.2 does not require the gateway flashcard right?
correct here is a guide [Tutorial] Installing rxTools Custom Firmware - (Old 3DS and 2DS)
Also what sd cards (brand and read speeds) work best on a 3ds?
as for the card speed . . . the faster the better sandisk is the recommended brand (this card specifically Amazon.com: SanDisk Ultra 128GB microSDXC UHS-I Card with Adapter, Black, Standard Packaging (SDSQUNC-128G-GN6MA): Computers & Accessories ) but if i were you i would not buy one online (there are a lot of fake cards floating around the internet) and despite the read speed of the sd card the 3ds has limitations so it will bottleneck as such larger gb sd cards will take longer to boot at the home menu

D

Deleted User

I have a new 3DS XL with firmware 9.0.0-20E. I have not attempted any sort of hacks or playing online on this device yet. If I try playing my legit copy of Majora's Mask 3D will I update beyond 9.2?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo